Author Topic: Wiggling Planes  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 11:59:19 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
It is exactly how I described Tumor..... as usual>

Mark

Ahh yes Skybleat.... Humping my ankle won't save you.  Maintain your SA... watch your tail...  watch it close... I'll make you burrrrn :t
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 01:27:38 PM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Ahh yes Skybleat.... Humping my ankle won't save you.  Maintain your SA... watch your tail...  watch it close... I'll make you burrrrn :t

LMAO, big talk from a weenie no-fight boy!  You would never stand a chance beating me 1 vs 1 with an advantage or not.  It is why you fly like you do!  I don't think we'll ever get a chance to battle in this game because you don't play this game to fight.  As far as SA goes, I always see your pathetic little no-skill cherry pickn coward attacks coming, unfortunately, I just don't have the patience to play a game as weak and cowardly as you!  You are a scab of a player that should refrain from ever posting about fighting, as you do none of it ingame!  Now if you ever feel big enough to jump up on the porch with the big dogs and actually fight, then give me a shout!  :aok   Until that time, enjoy your lameness!

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 01:45:29 PM »
Wiggling Planes = Stick Stirrers

Love when that happens ... it only slows them down so my FM2 can catch them and shred them to pieces with my .50 cals.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 03:09:12 AM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
LMAO, big talk from a weenie no-fight boy!..... :cry
Mark

Did the school bully take your lunch money every day Sky? :O  , this is fun>

Tumor :aok

Offline wstpt10

• Zinc Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007, 03:14:44 AM »
I feel hijacked.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2007, 03:23:59 AM »
Originally posted by wstpt10
I feel hijacked.

Sorry wstpt10... it's hard not to considering the company.

Tumor

Offline wstpt10

• Zinc Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2007, 11:37:09 AM »
Originally posted by Tumor
Sorry wstpt10... it's hard not to considering the company.

Tumor

I'm not complaining, sitting back with a bag of popcorn and watching this sort of thing is always a good time.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2007, 12:06:43 PM »
This is the only place some of these guys fight.

For the rest of us, if we're not fighting, we're fighting over what to fight about next.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline cbizkit

• Nickel Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2007, 01:12:56 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK
Might be nice though. if they could somehow model it in.
The longer and more often you perform hard manuvers. the more tired the pilot gets.
A fairly simple implementation would be to make G affects additive but this would take some fun out of those good long 5 minute 1 on 1's you can occasionally get in. If after 2 minutes you can't pull 3-4 G's without almost immediately going into glock that wouldn't make for too fun of a game. Especially if you're in a 1v4 doing well but having to pull G's constantly in order to survive.

So I'd say switching quickly and often between hard +G and hard -G should quickly induce a full blackout or redout. Let em jink hard +6 then -4 twice or three times then nighty night.

Stick stirring is an annoyance, mainly because the majority of the time they're not saving themselves merely prolonging their own inevitable death. It's rare when you can somehow stick-stir yourself into a reversal, you're going to die anyways, you might as well try to learn some new moves and maybe, just maybe, find yourself having fun in a hard flown battle.
biz
71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2007, 02:33:36 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
This is the only place some of these guys fight.

For the rest of us, if we're not fighting, we're fighting over what to fight about next.
I think the next fight should be about which squad had done more to "ruin the game": the Disposable Heros or the Blue Knights.  ;)
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by E25280
I think the next fight should be about which squad had done more to "ruin the game": the Disposable Heros or the Blue Knights.  ;)

:rofl

I think it's those SAPP fellows, they all seem to be too nice!  Ruins all the good bashing!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline KayBayRay

• Copper Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 05:47:07 PM »
Dont feel Hijacked  :cool:

IMHO... what you are seeing is just a natural progression of a portion of the gaming population. They are "Meta-Gaming" Which is using the game to play the game. I have played several kinds of games, flight sims (Air Warrior I, II, III, IIIMV, AHII, F-117, F-15, F-18), FPS (Call of Duty I, II, HALO), FRPG's (DAoC, WOW, EQ) and they are all represented in there.

These are the players that use what ever capabilities they can squeeze out of the game mechanics to avoid getting biffed. Like in FPS games they jump into a crowd of enemy players and do the Jump/Strafe/Circle Boogaloo. Using the mechanics of the game that allows them to hit your toon since you are not bouncing your hit bubble all over creation and you cant hit them because the algorythim used to solve the equation in the sofware code sees them as not at the location where your bullets pass when you fire at them. Then they get on the boards and pound there chests about how they biffed 25 players with a 20 round clip.

These Loser Dweeb Punks are doing the same thing only different game different technique but same effect in AHII. I am new to AHII, just started flying Friday of last week and already I have seen "Jukin-Baton Twirlly-Whirlly Egg Beater Summarsault Stick Jerkin Flying" by some real dweebs. Not that I have ANY talent at all behind the stick of a Combat Aircraft but I refuse to play the game that way. My choice, everybody makes their own choice about this.

Dont let it get ya down. Everywhere ya go there is that 10% that just cant seem to get with the program.  I have seen a lot of really good flyers in here in just the past few days though so I know I can follow somebody elses lead and learn how to fly better and have more fun. :cool:

Just my thoughts on this subject.
See ya in the Sky !!

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 07:16:20 PM »
I'll flop around like a fish out of water so he can't hit me!'.

Thats the *Dryland Trout Maneuver* :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline -SR-

• Copper Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »
Stick Stirring. Ill try it next time up. Maybe when I am getting Cherry Picked.

Cherry Picking.  I agree with Tumor. It is part of the SA.If you get picked it is your own fault.

Get enough cherries, you can make a Cherry pie?

-SR-:noid

Offline wstpt10

• Zinc Member
Wiggling Planes
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 09:48:04 PM »
Cherry picking is what now?

Someone should compline an encyclopedia of AH terms...