Author Topic: Please  (Read 2797 times)

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Please
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »

You all do realize, Kermit is a crossdresser, right?

Just wanted to point that out.

:aok

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Please
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2007, 12:32:32 PM »
Originally posted by REP0MAN

:huh  <---this means you are retarded.  :D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
Please
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2007, 12:37:22 PM »
YOU PEOPLE ARE UNBELIEVEABLE. Your trying to slant the event to the axis and its pretty damn clear. Secondly, I have been doing FSO since the beinging and have been flying online since 95 so your comment about not having been around is a flat out lie. Your the most dishonest bunch I have ever seen. We might as well just surrender if you axis fools have your way.

I won my frame and won it big, all had fun, so its clear you all haven't a clue what your talking about. I love this event, its one of the things I look foward to, but if you all get your way your going to ruin it.

Vlkyrie1
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 12:50:49 PM by Valkyrie »

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Please
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »
If a debate cannot occur without the childish name calling and insults, then the debate is over.

Tirades and Immature Outbursts are not welcome in here, from anyone.  Please don't take this any farther.  This isn't the General Boards where the moderators have to come in here and babysit, we are supposed to be pro's around here.  Act like it.  If you think I'm talking about you, I probably am.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
Please
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 12:54:13 PM »
Originally posted by Valkyrie
YOU PEOPLE ARE UN ******* BELIEVEABLE. Your trying to slant the event to the axis and its pretty damn clear. Secondly, I have been doing FSO since the beinging and have been flying online since 95 so your comment about not having been around is a flat out lie. Your the most dishonest bunch I have ever seen. We might as well just surrender if you axis fools have your way.

I won my frame and won it big, all had fun, so its clear you all haven't a clue what your talking about. I love this event, its one of the things I look foward but if you all get your way your going to ****** ruin it.

Vlkyrie1

The only person who controls the plane selections and allotments is me, vlkyrie, so I take this directly. I am the Admin CM and I made all the decisions about the plane-set and side balancing.

You referred, earlier, about how the LW had few aircraft to defend with. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were referring to Northern Italy in the fall of 1944.  In that aspect, you are correct.  

The biggest opponent the allies had were anti-aircraft and operational losses.  Fighters weren't much of an opposition.

From the AH/FSO standpoint, setting up the axis to man legions of 88 flak batteries isn't feasible with the current allotment of maps ( although, the more I think about it.. it might be 'different' to see a frame with 100 5" gun positions manning the coast and then around the industrial complex ) So, if we are going to conduct operations in our Squad Operations environment, we must balance the playing field a bit and allow the LW to have a decent chance of beating back a horde of heavies.

The goal of this series was to provide a little education to the masses and expose them to a different theatre of the strategic bombing campaign.  I hope to expand this into actual marshalling yard objects and Austria/Hungary geography, Po Valley, and the likes to more accurately portray the theatre later on. ( once I get the brand of Scotch that Dux prefers )

My job as Admin CM is to provide an entertaining and balanced event.  Judging from the participation and scores, I'd say this one is pretty close.

Now if I could just get everybody to check their egos at the forum login screen, we could sit back and enjoy the war stories.

Have fun in Frame 3.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
Please
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2007, 01:04:16 PM »
Drone,

I can speak for all in the USMC. We have had a BLAST, both in the first frame (where we got hammered). And in the second frame ( where we hammered back ;) ).

Great event!

Great job!

WTG!

thank you

~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Please
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 02:19:29 PM »
All joking aside and respect intended.....

I believe that the current score and position sets up one he77 of a third frame.

I had many of the UNF pilots tell me that Frame 2 was their best FSO ever. I would have to agree that it was a lot of fun. (Until Krusty baited me for the 68 boys :furious )

I don't see the issue being that important the way the scores are currently sitting.

I really don't want to see good, veteran FSO guys, leave FSO over this. Please, can't we all just get along?

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Please
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 06:39:42 PM »
Originally posted by REP0MAN

I'm going to need to borrow your sunday dress for tonight Rep0.  You don't need to wash it.:D
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
Please
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 07:04:59 PM »
Remember Kermit, your hips are too wide.

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
Please
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2007, 11:30:55 PM »
:rofl  ^^^

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Please
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2007, 11:36:21 PM »
Originally posted by Valkyrie
You lw winers shouldn't even be here. By this point you were so desimated that you could barely field a squadron let alone and Air Force. And losing this many buffs is unsustainable. THe allies never lost his many aircraft during raids in any period.

Losing 40 % of a force is not fair to the allies period. Its not the LW's god given right to shoot down 100 planes a frame. THis game is so slanted to the defenders its not even funny. Only the LW winers complain about it.

This is more than fair and even a total disadvantage to the Allied side.

Vlkyrie1

I think the Schweinfurt raid came pretty close to those numbers. No it wouldnt happen alot, but it was possible. I dont want the axis to be able to shoot down every bomber either. But this was'nt the reason for the post. I just would like to see more separation in players so we all dont end up in one sector.

~AoM~

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
Please
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2007, 11:44:21 PM »
good post filth that is why I am going to bunch the entire USAF in one box next frame,,,,,,,NOT

It's over for the AXIS stay home, watch Leno, you stand no chance

beware of the Penguin
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
Please
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2007, 11:46:06 PM »
Don't miss understand I loved what was happening. Its just that things I think could go better. Numbers are great, its just that I would love more flexiablity to manipulate timing.

These buffs climb out at less than 1k a min. There just isn't enough time to get from ground level to alt and form up like I would like. My idea of a form up takes close to 20min to accoplish when you reach alt, because no one flies buffs in formation like they should. That is with high low and lead squadrons with correct 100ft alt splits slanted from high right to low left. Seeing this its impossible to make runs on target without drawing a straight line to target and flying full power all the way. Would be nice to get rid of the T+60 rule for attacking targets. I understand everyone wants action but this turns it into a pure fighter on fighter action with a few buffs tossed in for good measure. And though I would fly buffs if assigned I wouldn't under any circumstance request them until this issue is addressed.

When planning for this its rather frustraiting not being able to get any more than a follow the leader approach and that has been what is happening thus far.
I am rather attached to this region of the war and my comment about the Lw not being here related to that and you should note that it was a sarcastic comment about them not being here to discuss it. BTW if you read close my comment about side balancing side it was perfect and you couldn't do any better so here's to the cm team on that note.

So my complaint is more about the design of bombing actions like this one where we don't have an aerial spawn point, and really don't give the buffs a chance to make it on thier own.

And no disrepect to the bomber groups I have flown with, but none of them have run an operation like they should. Only times I have seen it done right where during Ruhr, and one operation I ran with the 56th back in November where we didn't lose anyone and killed a half a dozen FW's.

Who can I talk to to have some input in how these are designed. If the CM team would like a demostration of proper form up I would be happy to show you any time next week to prove just how long it really takes.

Vlkyrie1

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Please
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2007, 11:49:36 PM »
Originally posted by APDrone
I hope to expand this into actual marshalling yard objects and Austria/Hungary geography, Po Valley, and the likes to more accurately portray the theatre later on. ( once I get the brand of Scotch that Dux prefers )  

Yikes... if you think the process is slow now, imagine what it'll be if you start sending me good scotch. :eek:
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
Please
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2007, 11:53:31 PM »
Great lets give the LW radar and not tell them where we are going that would fix alot of issues.

Vlkyrie