Author Topic: best movie speeches  (Read 3310 times)

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
best movie speeches
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »
Originally posted by storch
 my commentary during the movies often draws harsh response from my bride and our daughters though.

Commenting during a chick flick? Sinfull Storch :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
you "guys" who watch the chick flics...  I got to ask..  
If you were not married.. if your wife left you..  would you get married again?
and... does she help you decide on how to vote?  
Who chooses the car you drive?
lazs

I've watched a few with her.  I consider it trade off to pay her back for all the TDY's I went on, the bowling tournaments, hunting and fishing trips I took, softball games and tournaments, road trips to Amsterdam and all my poker night outs I had for the last 20 years.  I figure it wont kill me to watch a movie with her that she wants to see like Titanic or 2 Weeks Notice.  Now that the kids are grown up a bit we have kinda like date nights and we get out of the house just the two of us.  we take turns picking the movies, she picked a Will Ferrell movie (gag) and then I picked Ghostrider, we both wanted to see Wild Hogs.  If we cant find a movie we can both agree on then we go seperately.  Grindhouse is coming out soon, I want to see it and she doesnt so I probably take my son and go.  If the movie she wants to see is too sappy for me she takes the girls and goes.  

If she left me, I dont know if I would remarry.  She's already wife #2 i dont know if I'd want a wife #3.  If I did she'd have to rich

as far as voting we discuss the issues and then I voted for Bush and she voted for Kerry...  we dont talk about it anymore.  I made a mistake one day of calling her a liberal :lol  after about the hundredth piece of junk mail from some democrat , man she ranted for an hour

storch

best movie speeches
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2007, 11:18:46 AM »
Originally posted by Kuhn
Commenting during a chick flick? Sinfull Storch :D
I sometimes do 200 type commentaries which my son thinks are hilarious but my bride goes up side of my head for.  it's worse if one of our daughters are in attendance.  :D  I also parody some of her favorite ballads with comical lyrics, those get me castigated too.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
best movie speeches
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2007, 11:28:44 AM »
I sometimes do 200 type commentaries which my son thinks are hilarious but my bride goes up side of my head for.  it's worse if one of our daughters are in attendance.  :D  I also parody some of her favorite ballads with comical lyrics, those get me castigated too.

Oh yeah, Been there. I'll have to try a parody once and see where that gets me.
325th Checkertails

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2007, 12:54:34 PM »
Laz,

Rather than hijack this thread with your question, why don't you make a seperate thread?
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2007, 04:21:16 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
you "guys" who watch the chick flics...  I got to ask..  

If you were not married.. if your wife left you..  would you get married again?

and... does she help you decide on how to vote?  

Who chooses the car you drive?

lazs

No I wouldn't remarry. There is no one else as far as I am concerned that can hold a candle to my wife. Giving my wife some time and paying attention to her , is not hard for me like it is for the "Manly" types. Maybe you fit in that catagory.

We are both Republicans. We discuss things and we vote for who we each one favor. She doesn't tell me what to do about anything. I value her opinion on certain things as I sometimes don't think before I react.

She chose her car. She makes the payments on Her car. I chose my SUV after tading in MY Vette. Grandkids and great nieces and nephews dont all fit in a Vette. Not to mention a DVD player makes the ride quiter sometimes.

She has her checking account and I have mine.

I cook she washes dishes. She cooks I wash dishes. I take care of the Mowing of the yard she makes sure the flower bed looks good.

I play Golf when ever I want to and spend what I want on it , she buys books to read while sitting at the pool.

I open her door when we get out of the car and open the door for her when we go into a building. I aske her waht she wants to eat at restaurants and then order hers and my meal.

I know what she drinks and how she likes it and I make sure its that way. Not because I am afraid of her , but because I want her to be happy and a smile from her makes my day.

Watching Chick Flicks isn't being afraid , it's spending time with someone I love and who makes my life all that it can be. She allows me my toys , my golf and basically whatever I want. Why not try to make her just as happy in any way I can?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 04:23:21 PM by RedTop »
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »
that was a sappy hit piece called "the american president"  a rob reiner film that can easily be discarded.

Rob Reiner had little to do with the dialogue. That's Aaron Sorkin. He might not be familiar, but he wrote:

A Few Good Men
An American President
West Wing
Sports Night
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
Malice

IMHO, anything Sorkin writes is worth watching.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:07:55 PM by Sandman »
sand

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #127 on: March 15, 2007, 05:13:28 PM »
Resistance is futile.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #128 on: March 15, 2007, 05:14:11 PM »
my favorite is

William Wallace: Sons of Scotland! I am William Wallace.

Second Soldier: William Wallace is seven feet tall!

William Wallace: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the English with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

[Scottish army laughs]

William Wallace: I AM William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my country men, here, in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?

Soldier: Against that? No, we'll run, and we'll live.

William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least for a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!
[crowd cheers]

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #129 on: March 15, 2007, 05:15:51 PM »
I flunk English, I'm outta here. I gotta get a job, and you know what that means. That's right, they start me at the drive-up window and I gradually work my way up from shakes to burgers, and then one day my lucky break comes: the french fry guy dies and they offer me the job. But the day I'm supposed to start some men come by in a black Lincoln Continental and tell me I can make a quick 300 just for driving a van back from Mexico. When I get out of jail I'm 36 years old. Living in a flop house. No job. No home. No upward mobility. Very few teeth. And then one day they find me, face down in the gutter, clutching a bottle of paint thinner and why? Because you wouldn't help me in English.  

- the sure thing
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 05:18:57 PM by JB88 »
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2007, 05:17:13 PM »
you chodes need to start naming the movies..

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2007, 05:18:31 PM »
like you did in yours?

:confused:

:rofl

:huh
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2007, 05:23:41 PM »
it's braveheart you should know that. :O :huh :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :cry :o :p :t

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2007, 05:24:43 PM »
^

dweeb - o - rama.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2007, 05:25:38 PM »
i know you are but what am i