Author Topic: best movie speeches  (Read 3308 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
best movie speeches
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2007, 06:05:19 PM »
"I didn't know your name was Alex man."

"My brother and me used to say drowning in beer would be like heaven eh.  But now, he's not here, I've got two soakers...this isn't heaven...this sucks!"

"I knew a guy in Ciscero once...stiffed a lone shark.  So, a couple of {pushes nose to one side} THESE guys show up...cut of his arm, beat him to death with the arm, then shoved it into a food processor and made a dip out of it and served it at his funeral.  His wife liked it so much she asked for the recipe.  Crazy world isn't it?"
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2007, 06:19:29 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
LOL thanks... didn't only women see that movie?

lazs

Nope.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »
Originally posted by Barnes828
oh sry Diablo I didnt see your post

No worries man.  Great minds...
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #93 on: March 13, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
The "ante up" speech by Morgan Freeman in Glory.

Yup, can't go wrong with Morgan Freeman.  Great movie, too.

"And what are you? So full of hate you want to go out and fight everybody! Because you've been whipped and chased by hounds. Well that might not be living, but it sure as hell ain't dying. And dying's been what these white boys have been doing for going on three years now! Dying by the thousands! Dying for *you*, fool! I know, 'cause I dug the graves. And all this time I keep askin' myself, when, O Lord, when it's gonna be our time? Gonna come a time when we all gonna hafta ante up. Ante up and kick in like men. LIKE MEN! You watch who you callin' ******! If there's any ******s around here, it's YOU. Just a stupid-ass, smart-mouthed, swamp-runnin' ******! And if you not careful, that's all you ever gonna be!"
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »
red top.. I will take your word for it but I don't know any men who would admit seeing that movie.

lazs

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2007, 09:47:24 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
red top.. I will take your word for it but I don't know any men who would admit seeing that movie.

lazs

:lol

It's actually not a bad movie. Sappy and all that but not all that bad. And when its your wifes turn to pick the movie , well , there ya go.

Psssstttt  Lazs2...btw  I saw Sleepless in Seattle , You've got Mail , and City of Angels to just to name a few.

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
best movie speeches
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »

as a close runner up to...

« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:03:23 PM by Red Tail 444 »

storch

best movie speeches
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2007, 04:37:19 PM »
Originally posted by RedTop

It's actually not a bad movie. Sappy and all that but not all that bad. And when its your wifes turn to pick the movie , well , there ya go.

Psssstttt  Lazs2...btw  I saw Sleepless in Seattle , You've got Mail , and City of Angels to just to name a few.

I guess redtop has been married a fair bit and enjoys his wife's company.  I have seen every one of those movies also and will add the matchmaker, the importance of being earnest, an ideal husband, nanny mcphie and host of others which presently elude me.

I'm an avid film attendee and I'm comfortable with my male identity, I don't feel threatened by attending chick flicks.  my commentary during the movies often draws harsh response from my bride and our daughters though.

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2007, 07:01:53 PM »
Originally posted by storch
I guess redtop has been married a fair bit and enjoys his wife's company.  

Very much:)

I'm also very comfortable with my self to watch a chick flick with the wife. Some of the many I have seen with her are......

Message in a bottle

Ever After

Just like Heaven

Hope Floats

2 weeks notice

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Practical Magic

How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days

And a few more I have watched with the wife.

She on the other hand has watched just as many "Men" flicks to and likes most of them.

storch

best movie speeches
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2007, 07:12:26 PM »
it's a beautiful thing.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2007, 07:18:08 PM »
The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »
Two short ones.

This is how it is. Anybody doesn't wanna fly with me any more, this is your port of harbor. There's a lot of fine ways to die. I ain't waiting for the Alliance to choose mine.  I mean to confound these bungers. Take my shot at getting to Miranda. Maybe find something I can use to get clear of this. So I hear a word out of any of you that ain't helping me out or taking your leave, I will shoot you down. Get to work!

This record here's about twelve years old. Parliament buried it and it stayed buried until River here dug it up. This is what they were afraid she knew. And they were right to fear. There's a universe of folk who're gonna know it, too. Someone *has to* speak for these people.  Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
No one mentioned it? Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. You all know it; I've seen things you peope wouldn't believe...................... .....................time to die. Classic.
I also like the demon speech in the 'Right Stuff'.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2007, 09:01:55 PM »

I too suffer my husband to sit through chick flicks ~ my fav: Return to Me, Pride & Prejudice
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Cypher

• Copper Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2007, 09:10:30 PM »
R Lee Ermy's introduction speeech at the begining of "Full Metal Jacket"