Author Topic: best movie speeches  (Read 3309 times)

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
Thanks bud.

For Mav

What are ya drinking there?  Hemlock?
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2007, 07:00:18 PM »
Nah but I did make you some kool aid.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Gunston

• Zinc Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2007, 08:05:26 PM »
Trask: Mr. Sims, you are a cover-up artist and you are a liar.
Slade: But not a snitch!
Trask: Excuse me?
Slade: No, I don't think I will. This is such a crock of sh#t.
Trask: Mr. Slade, you will watch your language. You are at the Baird School now, not a barracks. Mr. Sims, I will give you one final opportunity to speak up.
Slade: Mr. Sims doesn't want it. He doesn't need to labeled, "...still worthy of being a 'Baird Man.'" What the hell is that? What is your motto here? "Boys, inform on your classmates, save your hide. Anything short of that we're gonna burn you at the stake?" Well, gentlemen. When the sh#t hits the fan, some guys run and some guys stay. Here's Charlie--facing the fire, and there's George--hiding in big Daddy's pocket. And what are you doin'? You're gonna reward George, and destroy Charlie.
Trask: Are you finished, Mr. Slade?
Slade: No, I'm just gettin' warmed up. Now I don't know who went to this place--William Howard Taft, William Jennings Bryan, William Tell--whoever. Their spirit is dead; if they ever had one, it's gone. You're building a rat ship here. A vessel for sea going snitches. And if you think you're preparing these minnows, for manhood you better think again. Because I say you are killing the very spirit this institution proclaims it instills. What a sham! What kind of show you guys puttin' on here today? I mean, the only class in this act is sittin' next to me. And I say, this boy's soul is intact. It's non-negotiable. You know how I know? Because someone here--I'm not gonna say who--offered to buy it. Only Charlie here wasn't selling.
Trask: Sir, you are out of order!
Slade: Out of order, I'll show you out of order! You don't know what out of order is, Mr.Trask! I'd show you but I'm too old, I'm too tired, and I'm too fu##in' blind. If I were the man I was five years ago I'd take a flame-thrower to this place!! Out of order, who the hell do you think you're talking to? I've been around, you know? There was a time I could see. And I have seen, boys like these, younger than these, their arms torn out, their legs ripped off. But there is nothin' like the sight of an amputated spirit, there is no prosthetic for that. You think you're merely sending this splendid foot-soldier back home to Oregon with his tail between his legs, but I say that you are executing his soul! And why? Because he's not a Baird man. Baird men, you hurt this boy, you're going to be Baird Bums, the lot of ya. And Harry, Jimmy, Trent, wherever you are out there, f##k you too.
Trask: Stand down Mr. Slade!
Slade: I'm not finished! Now as I came in here, I heard those words...cradle of leadership. Well, when the bough breaks, the cradle will fall. And it has fallen here, it has fallen! Makers of men, creators of leaders, be careful what kind of leaders you're producing here. I don't know if Charlie's silence here today is right or wrong; I'm no judge or jury. But I can tell you this: he won't sell anybody out to buy his future! And that my friends is called integrity, that's called courage. Now that's the stuff leaders should be made of. (pause) Now I have come to the crossroads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew. But I never took it, you know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie; he's come to the crossroads. He has chosen a path, it's the right path. It's a path made of principle, that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey. You hold this boy's future in your hands, committee! It's a valuable future. Believe me! Don't destroy...protect it...embrace it. It's gonna make you proud some day...I promise you.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
who cried when old yeller got shot?
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »
John Winger: Cut it out! Cut it out! The hell's the matter with you? Stupid! We're all very different people; we're not watoosie, we're not Spartans. We're Americans, with a capital A, huh? You know what that means? Do ya? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every out every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're underdogs, we're mutts! Here's proof: his nose is cold. But there's no animal that's more faithful, that's more loyal, more loveable than the mutt. Who saw "Old Yeller?" Who cried when Old Yeller got shot at the end? Nobody cried when Old Yeller got shot? (hands are reluctantly raised) I cried my eyes out. So we're all dog faces, we're all very, very different, but there is one thing that we all have in common: we were all stupid enough to enlist in the Army. We're mutants, there's something wrong with us, there's something very, very wrong with us. Something seriously wrong with us. We're soldiers, American soldiers! We've been kicking bellybutton for 200 years, we're 10 and 1. Now we don't have to worry about whether or not we practiced. We don't have to worry about whether Captain Diller wants to have us hung. All we have to do-oo is to be the great American fighting soldier that is inside each one of us. Now do what I do, and say what I say. And make me proud.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2007, 09:17:32 PM »
Hey 88, there's no such thing as a bosom's mate.  

Damn repeats are all that's on tonight....
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2007, 09:18:05 PM »
as a what?
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2007, 09:26:36 PM »
oh that.

i copied and pasted.  

thanks for the heads up there OCD!

;)
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2007, 09:28:28 PM »
Reminds me...

gotta go wash my hands...brb

:O

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »
<------ sneezes.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

word.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »
Jimmy Stewart - "Mr. Smith goes to Washington" ~ Love thy neighbor
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2007, 10:16:37 PM »
"Giant breasts full of milk. I want clouds, damn it."

"I want ten chocolate chip cookies. Medium chips. None too close to the outside."

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2007, 10:42:35 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
We are all sons of Virginia here. See that private over there? That's Private Robert Tyler Jones. His grandfather was President of the United States. The colonel behind me... that's Colonel William Aylett. Now, his great-grandfather was the Virginian, Patrick Henry. It was Patrick Henry who said to your King George III, "Give me liberty, or give me death." There are boys here from Norfolk... Portsmouth... small hamlets along the James River. From Charlottesville and Fredericksburg... and the Shenondoah Valley.

Mostly, they're all veteran soldiers now; the cowards and shirkers are long gone. Every man here knows his duty. They would make this charge, even without an officer to lead them. They know the gravity of the situation, and the mettle of their foe. They know that this day's work will be desperate and deadly. They know, that for many of them, this will be their last charge. But not one of them needs to be told what is expected of him. They're all willing to make the supreme sacrifice... to achieve victory, here... the crowning victory... and the end of this war. We are all here, Colonel. You may tell them, when you return to your country... that all Virginia was here on this day.

"Gettysburg"

Yeah, that was a pretty good one
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2007, 12:18:04 AM »
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
best movie speeches
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2007, 12:19:10 AM »
The way your dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any of the slopes were gonna get their greasy yellow hands on his boy's birthright. So he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something: his ass. Five long years, he wore this watch up his ass. Then when he died of dysentery, he gave me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable piece of metal up my bellybutton for two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. And now, little man, I give the watch to you.

Offline Terror

• Nickel Member
      • http://walden.mo.net/~aedwards
best movie speeches
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2007, 01:12:02 AM »
This is the President.

I've just been informed that our mid range military bases at Beta Durani and Proxima 3 have fallen to the Minbari. We've lost contact with our bases at Io and must conclude that they too have been destroyed by an advanced force.

Our military intelligence believes that the Minbari intend to bypass Mars and attack Earth directly, and the attack may come at any time.

We continue to broadcast our surrender and a plea for mercy. They have not replied. We can therefore only conclude that we stand at the twilight of the human race.

In order to buy more time for our evacuation transports to leave Earth, we ask for the support of every ship capable of fighting to take part in a last defense of our homeworld. We will not lie to you. We do not believe that survival is a possibility. Those of you who join the battle, will never come home. But, for every 10 minutes we can delay the military advance, several hundred more civilians may have a chance to escape to neutral territory. Though Earth may fall, the human race must have a chance to continue elsewhere.

No greater sacrifice has ever been asked of a people but I ask you now, to step forward one last time, one last battle to hold the line against the night.

May God go with you all.