Author Topic: New ENY Method  (Read 564 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
New ENY Method
« on: March 12, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
Not so much a way of determining ENY, but a way to choose planes. I know most of us hate plane restrictions when they occur but, they're probably here to stay.

One thing that irks me is finding out, after I've chosen a plane, it's restricted. It gets even worse when the next plane you chose is restricted because the ENY changed just after you chose the first plane.

For instance; I prefer the Nikki ENY 5 or whatever. ENY says nothing under 8 so I pick the P51d. ENY changes to 10 right after I pick the P51D so then I have to go grab a 51B. Sometimes even after I pick the B model the restrictions have changed again and I'll end up in P38G.

I find that really annoying.

How about the hanger's plane list is color coded and have planes restricted under ENY a special color? That way you know what you can fly right off the bat and not get jerked around with frequent ENY changes. So, ENY is 10, all planes with ENY under 10 are highlighted in a certain color. Anything not that color you know is good to fly.

Red might be ok since it's already used when fighter hangars are down, but some might get confused taking a quick glance and think they can't fly anything from that field. Still, it might work.

Either that or perhaps blue could signify planes restricted under eny rules.

Last resort would be a permanent ENY box somewhere in the hangar that shows the current level of eny restriction. But, once you pick a plane under ENY, you should be good to at least get off the ground with it.

Offline Barnes828

• Copper Member
New ENY Method
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 05:39:31 PM »
or planes are grayed if ENY does not permit

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
New ENY Method
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 09:27:16 PM »
good enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
New ENY Method
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:53:51 PM »
Yeah, that would ne nice.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
New ENY Method
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 01:45:23 AM »
How about just switch to the outnumbered country or find either of the two LW arenas that have your chosen chess piece outnumbered, and then ENY isn't a problem.  The first thing I do when logging in is check the country status on the clipboard to see if I'm needed elsewhere.  Or, another technique is to learn how to fly something with an ENY of 15-20, and then it is usually a moot point.  I think the ENY works just fine when I'm outnumbered.  If my side has ENY, its usually because we're ganging up, and I either change arenas or sides.

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
New ENY Method
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 02:25:30 AM »
ENY dont automatically refresh while you in hangar (same as perk cost), dont ask me why. So highlighting or graying restricted planes wouldnt work.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
New ENY Method
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 07:26:56 AM »
Stoney; For one thing, if you're in a squadron, if you switch countries, you can't communicate with your squadron members unless they switch too.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
New ENY Method
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 07:30:16 AM »
Oleg; I don't know if it automatically refreshes, but it's a fairly common occurence for me to chose a plane, configure my fuel and weaponry, the go to the runway and it says I can't take that particular plane up.

So, I'll go to one within the eny limits, do the same with that and try and take that off and am told once again I can't take my choice up because the eny is a couple points higher than it just told me it was a minute earlier.

That happens fairly often, seems to me.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
New ENY Method
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 09:10:39 AM »
Originally posted by xtyger
Stoney; For one thing, if you're in a squadron, if you switch countries, you can't communicate with your squadron members unless they switch too.

"Squad" Vox works regardless of which country you're flying for, as long as everyone is in the same arena.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
New ENY Method
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 09:16:41 AM »
Originally posted by Barnes828
or planes are grayed if ENY does not permit

good idea
Ludere Vincere

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
New ENY Method
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 09:30:30 AM »
Originally posted by xtyger

Yes you can, us Muppets do it all the time.  Sometimes we get stuck in a country because of the time limit, we usually join the country with the lowest numbers or where the best fight is.  You can even tell what plane their in because when they key their mic their dot gets bigger on the map if their within radar range of your base.

P.S.  We even hunt each other sometimes just for the fun of it.  :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 09:42:34 AM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC