Author Topic: Triple Buffs Should GO  (Read 9414 times)

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Triple Buffs Should GO
« on: March 18, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »
Formation of 3 bombers was added to allow for inaccuracy of new bomb site.  You already know where I am going , I will not insult you intelligence further.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »
i totally disagree, infact i'd like to see larger formations of buffs...

they're more fun, nicer to look at and better for my kill tally :D

seriously, buffs are too easy to shoot down. i'd like to see 6 plane buff formations, with a hangar function to change formation and spacing.

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline quintv

• Copper Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 05:05:27 PM »
The formations are one of the better features in this game.

Attacking 24s or 17s requires some actual preparation, energy building, etc, not just "OOOH BOMBA I KEEEEEELLL IT!!".

One of my new favorite things to do in game is climb a Yak-9T up high for base defense and use the 37mm sniper rifle from d800. Ive only done it perfectly once but I knocked down a formation with perhaps 5 rounds expended. :D

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
:huh

Agreed, all we get now is three people ruining 25+ other people fun by upping x3 b24j's and flying them at 25k with impunity and by my eyes,are hitting the target just the same. Even a ducking & weavin' carrier.

so, we have players who can bomb with ease, who can have x2 the ord.
and in most bombers have 12-18 .50 or .30 cal machineguns all focused on one target.
"Thats it, im making my .50 cal sound like a starwars tie fighter laser fire."

Dont know why bombs are so pinpoint in this game, sometimes wish the wind would blow them off course,or the freefall distance would add more bomb scatter.
Somehow i get the fealin' some c47 landed and i got 10 troops each with laser guiders for some #$%'s b24 bombload.

right.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 05:11:13 PM »
You want to change buffs from being easy targets back to completely helpless?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 05:13:39 PM »
I am all for bigger formations, but their guns should have more reasonable dispersion. Nowadays they are like lasers.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 06:19:48 PM »
I like the formations.  I think the problem when calibration was added was no one took the time to learn how to use it.  No one liked to fly them because it was to hard.  Seems a little strange in a game like this.

I liked the way it worked in the game B17 2.  The sight is calibrated on the bomb run, and the sight was aimed at the target well before you reached it.  When you cross over the bomb release point, the bombs would release automaticly.  In addition, many times the clouds were broken.  You needed to find an opening to set the sight, and it is possible the target wouldn't even be visible when the bombs released.  Once set, you jump to the guns and defend the bombers during the bomb run.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 06:24:57 PM »
Bomber formations suck. Warping, teleporting, easier bombing than AH1, and 3 chances to make it home. They make spawncamping look complex.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 06:26:36 PM »

OOOH BOMBA I KEEEEEELLL IT!!

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 06:50:57 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Bomber formations suck. Warping, teleporting, easier bombing than AH1, and 3 chances to make it home. They make spawncamping look complex.

I agree. Thats one of my gripes, you see the bomber formations (most of the time drones) warping back and fourth catching up to the lead. And when you shoot the lead down, and he doesn't bail out you end up chasing drones down. And then once he does bail out, the drones warp back up to the lead again.

Also agree with the laser guns, I don't think larger formations would change anything in a good way nor would a single bomber like old. I think some tweaking on the current setup of buffs would be best.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 06:55:06 PM »
One player, one plane!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 06:59:49 PM »
Major Biggles

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »
In game a formation of 3 bombers was unheard of until a little while ago.  2/3's of ya maybe to new to remember that.  NO one was screaming for bombers be more powerful - in fact the reverse!   BUffs "laser" sight was to be replaced by a harder sight WITH 3 BOMBERS TO MAKE UP FOR IT.  

That is all forgot and the lazer sight is BACK ON, however the 2 extra bombers didn't go away.

Many a great cv vs port battle been messed up by one point monger.  

Not to mention - level bombers have never - ever - if I wasn't clear -NEVER- sunk a cv in war

EVER!

I don't even think they tried?

Anyway formations were made for a reason and this wasn't it.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 07:30:07 PM »
It's not the laser sight it WAS--before, ya could do a hard 180, barrel roll, put cross hairs on hangar, and hit it dead center. NOW, if your speed varies even 3 mph between final calibration and drop, ya will miss by at least the width of the hangar---that few hundred feet is the difference between 45 wasted minutes and a successful sortie
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »
And lusche would know..He shot down my lances just the other day...

I have not been playing long,maybe 5 months,and I almost always fly lances..I just got offline and at 20k I missed a few of my targets because something was off..I think speed.and yes,it does not take much..

To make up for it sometimes,I drop 3 times the ord I need to because my calibration may be off..

I know that if there were no drones,I would probably not fly them as much at all. and it is for the reason that Lusche listed.they would be totally helpless..

Kevin.