Author Topic: Triple Buffs Should GO  (Read 9431 times)

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2007, 10:45:52 PM »
Superdud, Hub, and Mars,........You state I have a "good guy " reputation..I supose there are reasons for that. You state you don't care about your  or the BK's reputation......I suppose there are reasons for that.
Mars my ugly head as you state only comes out when people like Hub earliear  in this post blatantly lie.
Mars just to jar your memory the Bk's didn't ask or request  hangers not to be dropped ....being polite is not a Bk trade mark......If I remember correctly it was in the most disrespectful, intimadating, and bullying nature you guys went off on a fellow bomber pilot who was on the same team.
I suppose there are reasons for ones reputation.

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2007, 11:13:22 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Do you think bomber pilots (including myself) should be allowed to fly around nearly unstoppable as they are?

Unstoppable against different pilots.... no.
Unstoppable against the griefer who keeps comming back after dieng to shoot ya cause he's worn ya down enough that you cant fight back...yes.

Hey there is this chain on the ground.....what happens if I jerk it?

Oh Krusty I went to Amazon and for the life of me I cant seem to find a copy of "Krusty's guide to Aces High" anywhere. Is it out of print? If so can you send me a copy if you have one left in your private stash?

Sorry if you find my rant illogical to the extreme, but at the same time its just a rant. Nothing more. I find yours amounts to a bunch of breast baggin as well. So I figure I'll sit back and cry with ya. We'll agree to disagree umkay? Dont get so worked up.

Now I lost place of that chain. Look in this mirror while I go look for that chain. I'm gonna pull it and see what happens

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2007, 11:16:25 PM »
P.S. Stoney, your arguments are flawed. I ignore you because you keep harping on having proven something, but IMO you haven't. This isn't the place to get into it. [/B]

Oh, I have no doubt I haven't proven it to you, I may never.  But, I started another thread in which you could lay it all out, but you never showed up.  Look for Bomber Speeds or words to that affect from about 2 days ago or so.  I appreciate your contribution to the game, honestly, but this bomber speed thing keeps appearing in any post you make that has anything to do with bombers.  So, take your argument to the other thread, and we'll discuss it.  Or am I, and the rest of the forum going to have to suffer through this every single time you post in a bomber thread?

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2007, 11:23:51 PM »
Originally posted by 999000
Superdud, Hub, and Mars,........You state I have a "good guy " reputation..

I don't think I've ever stated you have a "good guy" reputation. I don't think I've ever believed that you have, either.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2007, 11:31:03 PM »
Originally posted by Stoney74
 Or am I, and the rest of the forum going to have to suffer through this every single time you post in a bomber thread?

Stoney, don't you already know the answer to this? It's just not worth arguing about with him.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #290 on: March 22, 2007, 11:38:07 PM »
So, the conclusion is that no one can give a good reason why bomber drones should go.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #291 on: March 22, 2007, 11:38:10 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
Stoney, don't you already know the answer to this? It's just not worth arguing about with him.

Does this mean I have to stop to?

:)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2007, 12:07:33 AM »
Insulting me to my face aside, one thing stands out:

Originally posted by Wolf14
Unstoppable against different pilots.... no.
Unstoppable against the griefer who keeps comming back after dieng

So, you're calling somebody that shoots you down a griefer? It doesn't matter WHO it is, man! He's not solely taking off just for the sake disrupting your fun at the expense of all of his fun.

I have been in a furball many times, shot somebody down once, got an assist on them again, and then been shot down by them not long after.

That doesn't make them griefers. It means they simply reupped. If it wasn't them it'd be any one of hundreds on their team. Or it means they got shot down and wanted revenge for their recent demise. You simply can't say this is griefing in any sense of the word.

As for Hubs: You were doing so well insulting everybody else, why did you start insulting me, too? Is it just anybody around you? I'm sure therapy might help with this problem :)

Stoney, your problem is you're trying to find a way to discredit me. You look hard enough you'll find anything. Have you ever just taken a bomber up from sea level, climbed to 20k, and then set the cruise settings listed in the E6B? These are taken directly from flight manuals, if I'm correct. HTC isn't in the habit of making sh** up just for giggles. Note the speed after a sector's flight on max cruise. That's about what the speed would be of the real thing. Say what you will about games vs real life, but HTC and crew seem to have gotten the speeds correct on most things in this game. Max cruise at 15k gives you 134 IAS, 167 TAS. And you come in here saying that really they would be just 10 mph shy of their top speed. Sure.. right... Their max cruise would be just shy of their max speed. I don't think the laws of physics apply in that theory, Stoney.

Like I said this isn't the place to get into it.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2007, 12:09:30 AM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

Sorry Hubs, but I'm tired of seeing it every single time.  I was going to go after it in the FSO thread last weekend after the "B-24 outran my 262" post, but waved off.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2007, 12:13:36 AM »
By the way, I filmed all FSO frames. It's a habit. I can point out how the B24s were so fast I literally could not engage them in a HO attack, because they would zip below my nose before I was halfway around. This happened 3 times and I ran out in front of them to ranges past 3k before turning. So, frankly, stow it. Anything that can close 3k+ before you've turned 90 degrees into them is messed up.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #295 on: March 23, 2007, 12:15:38 AM »
Originally posted by moot
So, the conclusion is that no one can give a good reason why bomber drones should go.

To take the opposite tack, moot, why do we even have formations?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #296 on: March 23, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »
As for Hubs: You were doing so well insulting everybody else, why did you start insulting me, too? Is it just anybody around you? I'm sure therapy might help with this problem :)

When 999 calls me a liar, that's an insult. When anyone calls you a liar, that's an observation. Subtle but important difference.

btw. let's see this film of a bomber that's too fast to shoot at.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #297 on: March 23, 2007, 12:20:10 AM »
[Edit: I'm just not going to sink to your low levels man. Go back to the BKs. You truly belong there.]

EDIT: I'm not getting into the whole 999000 thing, I wasn't there.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #298 on: March 23, 2007, 12:50:31 AM »
By the way, I filmed all FSO frames. It's a habit. I can point out how the B24s were so fast I literally could not engage them in a HO attack, because they would zip below my nose before I was halfway around. This happened 3 times and I ran out in front of them to ranges past 3k before turning. So, frankly, stow it. Anything that can close 3k+ before you've turned 90 degrees into them is messed up.

Do me a favor, post the film in the other thread I started in General Discussion.  I'd personally like to see what the rate of separation was once you shot past them and began your turn back, and also what the rate of closure was as you went into the head-on pass.  If you were anywhere near a range of 500-600 TAS rate of closure during the HO passes, that would be somewhere in the range of 8-10 (or 13-16km)miles a minute or so meaning every six seconds you're closing one mile and after you pass them, you're extending one mile every six seconds.  Even when you were perpendicular to their flight path, if they were around 270 TAS, they're covering over 4 miles (or 6.5km) a minute.  That would mean you would have 30 seconds to complete your turn and line up a shot before they pass by you if you start your turn at 3.0K (and that doesn't count your motion towards them)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #299 on: March 23, 2007, 01:09:17 AM »
Krusty, Combat Tour is where realism is meant to be at its prime.
The MA is meant to put gameplay ahead of absolute realism.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you