Author Topic: Current map in LWB  (Read 583 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Current map in LWB
« on: March 20, 2007, 06:14:11 PM »
the current map in Late War Blue is not a good map to use in the arenas.

not one country has non takeable bases. last night the nits and rooks targeted the Bishops and took us down to two fields and we bearly hung on to those.

now whats to happen if one country is taken off the map will that one country not be able to fly in the arena till the map has been won. cause i know its just a matter of time till it happens
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 06:31:36 PM »
Also, the F4U-1A is not active on that map.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
Also, the F4U-1A is not active on that map.

also some of the spawn points are not active
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 12:12:48 AM »
There's not a 163 base either.

[EDIT]  Despite all those problems I still like that map.  At least it's a change.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Current map in LWB
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 06:06:06 AM »
What is the name of the map/terrain?  The comments in this thread are pretty much worthless without the name of the terrain.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Current map in LWB
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 06:25:17 AM »
Beta2
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 07:11:35 AM »
You mean no 163 base is a problem? I thought that was the best feature OF that map.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 09:40:17 AM »
LOL@LTARkilz. That is how it used to be back in AH. You got down to your last base sometimes. It is odd seeing someone talking about getting down to two bases and there being a bug..

-BB

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 09:51:47 AM »
Originally posted by BBBB
LOL@LTARkilz. That is how it used to be back in AH. You got down to your last base sometimes. It is odd seeing someone talking about getting down to two bases and there being a bug..

-BB

you dont think i dont remember those days?????? i remember them very well i also remember kicking yalls arses and coming back from one base and wining the map.

with that being said welcome to AH in the present there is 3 nontakeable bases like it or not (sorry you just not going to be able to turn it back into the old AH) if spawn points dont work darn i guess thats not a bug to you geeee to bad it is. i could careless about the 163 base but i can see why its needed its a 20 minute flight to each others HQ base EASY FLIGHT TOO AND THATS GETTING TO 20k in some 24s

ow and before taking a country down to one base was to win the war but thats not what its about now is it. name of the map is Beta2 Skuzzy
Former LTARkilz

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
you dont think i dont remember those days?????? i remember them very well i also remember kicking yalls arses and coming back from one base and wining the map.
just a quick side note... that is impossible, as the old reset system was triggered when 1 country had only 1 base left. the map "winner" then was the country with the most bases, and in a tie the one who took the last base.

you may have fought back from 2 bases, but if you got down to only 1 the map reset and booted everyone in 4 minutes.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 01:48:38 PM »
Originally posted by BBBB

-BB

A few of us have been around for years to know what it used to be.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:01:20 PM »
Originally posted by JB73
just a quick side note... that is impossible, as the old reset system was triggered when 1 country had only 1 base left. the map "winner" then was the country with the most bases, and in a tie the one who took the last base.

you may have fought back from 2 bases, but if you got down to only 1 the map reset and booted everyone in 4 minutes.

theres been a handfull of times i can remember maps getting to 1 base in the old days strange without a doubt but not unheard of.

but yes you are right on big maps it was get one country down to 4 bases on a small map get them down to 3 bases and back then CVs did not count as a base so it did not matter if you took them as a base count

now you can take a cv and it counts for your Base %
Former LTARkilz

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
Current map in LWB
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 11:59:21 AM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
theres been a handfull of times i can remember maps getting to 1 base in the old days strange without a doubt but not unheard of.

but yes you are right on big maps it was get one country down to 4 bases on a small map get them down to 3 bases and back then CVs did not count as a base so it did not matter if you took them as a base count

now you can take a cv and it counts for your Base %
again mistaken.

CV's always have counted in the base count.

back in AH 1 and the start of AHII (2001-2004) it was always 1 base. they started playing with the "4 bases left" later on, but I don't remember you playing back when I am talking about anyway.
I don't know what to put here yet.