Author Topic: BF109films  (Read 451 times)

Offline Limit

• Zinc Member
BF109films
« on: March 18, 2007, 12:32:26 AM »
109 films
anyone have films of BF109 flights they could post? I  fly the BF109 and it seems most pps,but l don't know how to fly it to much success.
Need help!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 12:35:56 AM by Limit »

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
BF109films
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 01:06:35 AM »
I found this for you, I remember being quite impressed by it when it was first posted.

If you're on at the same time as Parin and you see a 109.... get ready to die.

109 film (click here)

A few tips with the 109.

Late model 109s have 30mm cannons.... use it, take the time to get used to the behaviour of the rounds (they are very, very different, lots of bullet drop and a very 'slow' round.)

I've found that a convergence of 200 max on all guns (1 x 30mm and 2 x 13mm MG) works best, as you can still land hits at 600+ with the MGs to keep 'em worried)

Close in to 200 and pull the trigger. Learn how to 'lead' your round to your target, even up this close the bullet will be 'pulled' by high-g turns and such.

109s climb very well, so use this to your advantage. I can't count the number of Spits i've roped into a spiral climb, had them stall out under me.... drop in and boom.

Even 109Ks will turn very well, once you learn the art of engine and flap manipulation in the 109 (very important), you'll hang with C-hogs.

Don't dive in from way about your targets, you will compress. start your dive earlier and have a 'flatter' angle of attack.

Also, the 'K' key on your keyboard is your new best friend. This is the elevator trim button. If you get stuck in a compression dive (i.e you can't pull out becaue you're going to fast), chop your throttle and hold down that key for a few seconds (maybe a bit of rudder too to help you bleed some speed) and you should recover. You will encounter people trying to out-dive you, betting on you not knowing how to handle your aircraft and 'lawn-dart' into the ground behind them. I've shot down many, many people who try this 'move' on me. (remember, hit ctrl-x to go back to standard 'combat trim' or your elevator will stay locked up)

There are so many other things we could discuss about how to get the best out of a 109, but I haven't the time for it right now, so feel free to PM me if you've got any more 109 questions and maybe i'll see you in the MA. Good luck

Regards

-Archaius
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 01:12:16 AM by Xasthur »
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Limit

• Zinc Member
BF109films
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 06:44:21 AM »
I must say my english is very poor,so...
I knows little of the art of engine and flap manipulation,and I can't roped a spit into a spiral climb safely?
haha,could you please tell me how it works?
your link is not working for me

Regards

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
BF109films
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 09:01:38 AM »
The link is to another thread, the films are in the first post there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-OOk_ZtMMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf-eJShUS60

There are two good ones there.

Well, the engine and flaps thing.... you'll get to know over time. Just know that in a 109, you WILL need to use the flaps to gain an advantage on most aircraft.

The 109 climbs very well, so try to fight other people while going up, they will fall behind.

This is a good example of the spiral climb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FEo4wAlLjQ
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
BF109films
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 03:46:43 PM »
Creton has posted quite a few 109 films. Do a search & you'll prolly find some.

http://forums.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=193518
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:55:40 PM by MajWoody »
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Limit

• Zinc Member
BF109films
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 11:23:49 PM »
Thanks a lot!

Offline Domin

• Copper Member
BF109films
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 12:44:06 AM »
There are some on furballers.com in the videos section.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: BF109films
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
Originally posted by Limit
109 films
anyone have films of BF109 flights they could post? I  fly the BF109 and it seems most pps,but l don't know how to fly it to much success.
Need help!

Here is a recent one i just finished demonstrating High Alt Energy Management.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYW8rlR94ns

Offline LancerVT

• Copper Member
BF109films
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »
Nice sweet12th. May not be the most polished video but shows how to manage your E and not squander it away.
I just downloaded that Nine Inch Nails song earlier this week and it rocks!:aok

Quick question: who were all those 109's????? Looked like the Luftwaffe reincarnated.
SAPP

JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
BF109films
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 09:10:34 PM »
Originally posted by LancerVT
Nice sweet12th. May not be the most polished video but shows how to manage your E and not squander it away.
I just downloaded that Nine Inch Nails song earlier this week and it rocks!:aok

Quick question: who were all those 109's????? Looked like the Luftwaffe reincarnated.

Sorry about the quality, i used the Codec Skuzzy suggested.Just have to fine tune it i think.

I believe that it was a fighter sweep mission because all the pilots were of different squads.