Author Topic: How would one reply to an IL2 fanboy  (Read 667 times)

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
How would one reply to an IL2 fanboy
« on: March 23, 2007, 10:18:23 AM »
This is on the Cirrus Pilots BB.

Its amazing how good your stick/rudder skills can get after a few hundred hours - but beware, this is an addictive game. For newcomers, there is much to learn. You will need hyperlobby and if desired, teamspeak to maxmize your fun. Furthermore, you will become zen-like with your understanding of the conf.ini file.

If you DO play, lets hear what servers you use- and I'll see you on 334th and BigTop. Watch your six! That'll be my spit you see coming..

link: http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php?skin=S2

--
2.  My Reply:  

Essentially wasting yr time with IL2 if you are doing it online - especially since all IL2 can do is furball. Most of the good sticks from the Air Warrior days are in Aces High.

http://www.flyaceshigh.com

And the BB in terms of its knowlege base makes this place look like pre-school.

--

3.  Jay's reply:  

Surely you jest. Furball? what does that imply.

I put it to you that you can bring your best game to a topserver on IL2 and we'll see how long you last.

Plus why on EARTH would you pay a monthly/hourly fee to play when IL2 is free and is recognized as an expert sim?

Jay

--------------------

Flame away.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:03:55 AM »
I wouldnt for the same reason I dont argue with a 3 year old,  its a waste of time... :cool:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 11:26:55 AM »
:O :noid

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 11:37:50 AM »
Wolfala, seems to me that you were the fanboi in that conversation. You put his game down and boasted about AH. Not to mention that you’re wrong about Il2 being only furballing online. They also run campaigns.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:43:56 AM »
Don't forget to add IL2 caving to fan boi FM input.
Spam them enough and the fold like a cardboard box in a hurricane.
Don't matter what side the fan boi is either.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »
No offense, but I'd say the choice of which game is better is a personal opinion and the only thing you'll be by trying to impress your opinion on someone else is a pompous ass.

One thing is a fact though, a non-subscription based MMO has much less of an incentive to constantly work on gameplay/development outside of boxed releases than a monthly/pay to play game.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:52:46 PM by scottydawg »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 12:54:08 PM »
How about pointing out the dubious flight models? How about pointing out the speed-brake flaps? How about pointing out the totally optomistic top speeds on many aircraft (including the Ki84, they used USAF tests done with 100 (+?) Octane), or the way that 109s, P39s, yaks, laggs, all seem to basically fly identical to each other in that game?

And don't even get me started on the gunnery/damage model in IL2...

Expert, no. Well-liked, sure.

EDIT: P.S. you did sort of come off as an AH fanboi, hate to admit it.

Offline FrodeMk3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 07:40:25 PM »
Apples to Oranges, Apples to Oranges....

But, I'm NOT going over to their BBS and challenge them to it.

We'd see the armegeddon of FM pursefights in here, soon as they decided to come in here and challenge AH.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 09:05:30 PM »
You went over the lines of common courtesy and offended them.
 What more response would you expect?

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 10:55:31 PM »
bah you bunch of fairy elf like dweebs!

I say stick it to 'em, wolfala. i would.

i know for a fact that Il2's top 'pilots' are nothing compared to the 'top dogs' in AH2.

i mean god......they dont even know what a furball is?
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 07:38:12 AM »
Its real simple. You come to my house and badmouth my momma I'm gonna smack you upside the head with whatever is handy. And I'm going to keep doing it till you leave or say your sorry.

You went to their boards and downplay their game (which I may agree is not as good as AH) but thats not the point. Its a low class thing to do.

People come to AH and try to run down my game, I give them the same smack as you got. And you know what, they have it coming.

Would be like  me going to the Targetware boards and lambasting them because they don't have a persistent arena or training arena. No possible good can come of it, so why go there? Show some class, accept the fact that you'll never agree. You have fundimental differences of opinion.  Leave it lay where it lays.

As to the skill level, well its been done. Took a group of AH pilots, and WB pilots and yes the AH pilots won. By a hair, it was a close run thing from what I understand.

Granted I don't think most iL2 pilots could stand toe to toe with most AH pilots. But thats my opinion and like all opinions its virtually worthless.

Offline Stoney74

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »
Well, it was made on the Cirrus Aircraft Owners BB, so more like neutral territory.

Wolf, I'd tell him to try the 2-Week FREE trial, and then he can make a more informed comparison.  Since he doesn't have to drop a dime, it should be easy to at least try.  For me to play IL2, I've got to go buy the game first.

Offline passssao

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 01:00:28 PM »
Il2: Your head is attached to pilot seat
Ah: You have a 3D cockpit

Il2: just mission or short campaings
Ah: You get the feeling of a war in course, helping your country, your actions will pay for you country

Il2: number of players  are low in each server
Ah: you get high number of player in an arena, so you will see bombers, transports, jabos..., things that you will not ever see in an Il2 server

As far for an online sim, those are very big differences to choose one or another.

None of them have relation with the game per se, just the kindo of game they are, boxed or online game
(boxed game, few players= better graphics)
(onlineGame, more players=not the great graphics, but better overall game because, it is in continous development(flight model, game improvement, options...))

If you entry in the game:

Just my opinion, Passao