Author Topic: Saving views in F4U's  (Read 204 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Saving views in F4U's
« on: March 26, 2007, 02:26:02 AM »
I think I mentioned this before but I can't save my views in the right up position in most, if not all, of the F4U's.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Saving views in F4U's
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »
Sometimes you can be pressing too many keys at once. Instead of hitting kp9, kp5, and moving around then F10, try joystick hat up/right with your thumb, then hit jp5 with the finger on your other hand. While holding kp5 you need to slide arrows around then hit F10. It's a little dance. Sometimes I have to do that, and it works. You can map any angle, it just depends on how many keys it lets you press at once.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Saving views in F4U's
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 06:22:21 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Sometimes you can be pressing too many keys at once. Instead of hitting kp9, kp5, and moving around then F10, try joystick hat up/right with your thumb, then hit jp5 with the finger on your other hand. While holding kp5 you need to slide arrows around then hit F10. It's a little dance. Sometimes I have to do that, and it works. You can map any angle, it just depends on how many keys it lets you press at once.

I'll try that but it worked in the opposing view so I'm guessing it's some kind of bug.  It's the only plane and view this happens to me in.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Saving views in F4U's
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 06:33:32 PM »
The thing I described will be like that. It has to do with the way the number pad sends signals or something. Certain combinations, it doesn't like.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Saving views in F4U's
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 12:54:29 PM »
Krusty is correct.
There are many planes that I need to use the hat switch and the kp5 for up kp0 for down method to get it to work. Then trying to stretch over to the F10 save key is really a challenge. A pencil in the mouth might work, if you have shorter fingers. :D
As I recall, it is usually up right forward, down right forward, up right rear and down right rear that gives me fits.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.