Author Topic: Problems since Vista  (Read 201 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Problems since Vista
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:27:14 PM »
Recently I installed Vista on my machine, and since then I've been running into LOTS of problems. The clipboard has been buggy, appearing darkened out and the "flip out" section used for E6B, etc., constantly spins around the ring. Generally if I reboot the PC it corrects the issue, but I find I'm having to reboot EVERY time I go to play.

Also, while not a new issue since I upgraded to Vista (I originally played on XP) is that unless I alt-tab to desktop and back to the game certain graphical features (specifically ship wakes, clouds, damage decals) don't display properly, often times incorrectly being tiled across the entire screen. Ground objects also vanish from certain angles. Alt-tabbing out and back in fixes this and for the rest of the time I'm in the game it's fine. What IS new is that before Vista I didn't have much trouble other than a bit of inconvenience of having to Alt-tab in-flight (doing it in the tower didn't always fix it). However since I updated to Vista this has been causing the game to freeze, meaning I've wasted the entire time I spent hassling to get it running in the FIRST place.

Relavent System Specs:

Vista Business 32-bit version
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
2GB Corsair RAM
Radeon X1900XTX
DirectX v10

Drivers for the video card are current.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Problems since Vista
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 11:57:20 PM »
If one of TPTB could delete this thread, I've reposted in technical support with screenshots of the issues attached.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
Problems since Vista
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 12:06:56 PM »
See rule #5
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:48:17 AM by -sudz- »
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group