Author Topic: Question for the pilots from Texas  (Read 1431 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Question for the pilots from Texas
« on: March 26, 2007, 10:28:29 AM »
I saw a TV commercial advertising property on a lake about 60 miles outside of Austin, TX.  It was called Horseshoe Bay.  I was wondering what anyone that knows of the place thought about it.  What the plusses and minuses were about the region.  Thanks in advance.

Jim  1i
"One-Eye"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:33:59 AM »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

storch

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:51 AM »
without knowing thing one about the region it's major plus where you are concerned is that it is not in the people's republic of california.

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 11:09:58 AM »
S!

live very near austin.  it located on lake LBJ in the hill country.  great area!  gotta watch out for the deer though.  those critters think headlights are kryptonite  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 11:12:16 AM by DadRabit »
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »
Texas hill country.  Good choice.  I can't live there because the mountain ceder would kill me.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
yup,  allergies terrible
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:51:42 AM »
beautiful though... and Austin is always an interesting trip esp if you can make it a day trip
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Rockdog

• Copper Member
      • http://www.348thfightergroup.com/
I love that area.
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:52:05 AM »
I've lived in Texas for the past 11 years. 9 in Houston and 2 in Dallas. I've made many trips to Austin. San Antonio, and the Hill country. If I could take my job over to Austin or the hill country I definitely would. That in my opinion is the nicest part of Texas.
http://www.348thfightergroup.com/
a.k.a. Raji (Warbirds 1994-99)
a.k.a. Rockdog (1999-2002)
a.k.a. Hayduke (2002-04)
a.k.a. Rockdog (2004-Current)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 11:54:21 AM »
Wouldnt a more appropriate title for this thread be something like "a question for the real estate agents, or a question for the people from texas that live in this area I'm thinking about moving too" lol
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »
it is outside of Marble Falls.  For you golfers...it is an excellent golf trip.  2 more courses being built now.  Beautiful area.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 12:41:15 PM »
I am a Realtor in Austin and also i own a Lake House on lake Buchanan. Horseshoe bay is really nice but it comes at a price. We purchased our lot in the early 90's built one 2-2 home and a small 2-1 on the water. Purchase price was 80k for 2 acres, appraised for 850k last year. Disney purchased 10,000 acre ranch on the river up from the lake house for VIP retreats.

Wonderful area with good prices if you look around. You can still find good lots for the 100's on the lake.

We need some rain!

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »
FYI you will need a boat and a rifle to take full advantage of all the outdoor actives that are in the hill country.

Make that 2 boats, one fishing and one for wake boarding..

Golf bag and cart..

Small airports are located all over the hill country so a plane would be nice...

Sun tan lotion in the summer..

A Texas hunting licenses and deer lease in the winter is a must.

If your single then you will love the Ladies in Texas..

Also some of the best Motorcycle trips and touring in the US is at your back door.

$ Austin is booming with new residents and high tech industry.

I do love the hill country...

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 12:56:53 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
Texas hill country.  Good choice.  I can't live there because the mountain ceder would kill me.

Sigh. I just lost out on a small pecan orchard on Inks lake.

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Sigh. I just lost out on a small pecan orchard on Inks lake.

-Sik

Spent all my vacations with the family on Inks.. Three years at camp Longhorn.. Almost purchased a house on inks but i am thank full that we ended up on Buchanan. I love to take long boat rides and the Colorado river up stream is a small piece of heaven.

Pics from around the area...

http://community.webshots.com/album/551122857fXKTRc

My playground...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Burnet,+Texas,+United+States&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=16&ll=30.863645,-98.414218&spn=0.008399,0.021501&t=h&om=1

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »
Thanks to those of you who had constructive input.  It looked nice on the commercial and I had looked on the google maps and on the internet.  You never hear the full story though unless you ask around.  My thought was to possibly pick up some property on a lake for the future.  No plans at this time to move there from southern California.  I heard Austin was getting some growth with commerce and was a nice region.  My properties here in California have done well but to buy anything here at today's prices is ridiculous.  Thought maybe this was an interesting region with more reasonable purchase prices.  A lakefront lot appealed to me with trees and a little hilly terrain.   The commercial was touting 40k for a lot in horseshoe bay with utilities to the lots.  I doubt that it was lakefront though.  

FX1,  I may want to talk to you more about RE if you don't mind.  You mind giving me your business contact info?

Thanks again to those of you with helpful input.

Jim  1i
"One-Eye"