Author Topic: b25 variants...  (Read 914 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »
Para-frag = frame rate killer.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 12:41:10 PM »
There were probably multiple sizes of parafrags. I seem to recall something about a 250lb version. It would definitely NOT carry 60 of these. If it carried 60 of anything, they were "nuisance" bombs, meant to be scattered over an enemy airfield so that no operations could take place, and/or to destroy parked aircraft.

Again, not seeing much use for that.

250lb parafrags: You'd get 12 (going off a 3000lb bomb load), and you wouldn't be able to hit very accurately with them.

Say you drop a string, hit some, miss some, come around, and there's one building left up. You make a pass, but the inaccurate nature of the parafrag makes you miss... You come around again and again, but because it does not follow normal ballistics you cannot hit that single building.

The 75mm would be a lot more useful for shooting towns down than the parafrags would be.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 12:50:40 PM »
Man I'm going to start calling you guys Moriarty "Always with the negative waves man"

I want para frags. If we get the 75mm cannon how about some rounds filled with paint?? Scare the crap out of people and make pretty pictures. This is a GAME. It's supposed to be fun so why not have some fun stuff in it. OK so a para frag isn't accurate and it's not all that powerfull but it would be FUN to have it.

Quit being the buzz kill dude, lighten up:D
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
My bet is the HE in the 75mm in the B-25 could pierce the top armour of a tank or at the least track it and kill the engine.  

Then again, I have been wrong.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »
Can a german 50kg bomb pierce the top of a tank if it lands directly on top of it?

If so, I'd imagine the 75mm might be able to (not counting being able to pull up afterwards!).

From memory I've always had to salvo 2-4 50kgs to get a kill on a panzer. That could just be my aim, though.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »
I think the B25 would be cool.  I fear though it will be eaten alive in action.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
b25 variants...
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 02:03:27 PM »
Originally posted by 4deck
A26 I dont think your gonna see that type of weapon in the B25 but the a26 now theres a gv killer.

The A-26 would be just as potent against a GV as the B-25 would be.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
b25 variants...
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 04:05:13 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
The A-26 would be just as potent against a GV as the B-25 would be.
ack-ack

I agree with you on this Ack.  Flown right any plane loaded with ords can be effective against gv's.  A b25 hitting gv's will not get slaughtered... if they come in at 1k, yes they will, but it will still be effective against gv attacks.
Para-Frags are early versions of high-drag bombs.  Wouldn't the bombsight be of WWII planes be figured into this as they dropped?  If so, they would be effective in hitting specific targets but they would be like torpedos.  They would have to be dropped from a certain alt & speed or else the drag would throw them off too much.  They are used for just carpet bombing targets and clearing an area.  So like Krusty said, some will hit, some will miss.
As far as a 75mm HE round hitting tanks, even if it is a Tiger and shot in the rear, it should knock out the engine with that blast.  Or at least take out something else vital... maybe the amp for the  12" subwoofer. :D
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 04:11:23 PM »
Originally posted by Sketch

As far as a 75mm HE round hitting tanks, even if it is a Tiger and shot in the rear, it should knock out the engine with that blast.  Or at least take out something else vital... maybe the amp for the  12" subwoofer. :D

Go off-line up a panzer w/HE drive behind a tiger. Fire all your ammo.

Tell me what happens.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 04:24:42 PM »
B-25 is too similar to the B-26 and A-20 to be of any use.  Apart from the 75mm version, which would probably get boring when you realise you cant shoot that gun while pulling G.

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
It's got a tricycle landing gear >:D

Wouldn't it be nice to land by an enemy town, aim the nose at a building and pop it with 75mm?

(*insert evil grin here*)

OMG we havent even gotten it yet and pople are allready abuseing it,
but now that i think of it we could do that with 38's already couldnt we.....
and the P39 if we get it.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
b25 variants...
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 04:30:32 PM »
not to mention that the B-25H was intended as an anti-maritime bomber not as an anti-tank attack plane.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lagger86

• Nickel Member
b25 variants...
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 04:46:04 PM »
Could you even shoot a building if you landed? I thought you couldn't fire bomber guns on the ground.  Or is that just at takeoff? That seems like a waste of time anyway, if you're in a bomber, it would make more sence to bomb it.
Lagger

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
b25 variants...
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 04:50:41 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Go off-line up a panzer w/HE drive behind a tiger. Fire all your ammo.
Tell me what happens.
Bronk

I understand what your saying Bronk and I see where your coming from with this as I work with explosives every day... BUT, your telling me that a 75mm HE round fired at the rear or side of a tank would not do any damage?  I am not saying your wrong, it is just one of those things I question in the game when you shoot a Tiger 5 times in the rear or side and get nothing.... even using AP rounds.

Not trying to butt heads with you bro, just trying to understand more of the games munitions compaired to 'real' life stuff.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:54:17 PM by Sketch »
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
b25 variants...
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 05:42:04 PM »
In Warbirds I used to occasionally take up a B-25H for buff hunting.  I would dump all the bombs on the runway and climb forever.  It was effective in a steep dive attack; one shot at point blank was very effective.  I remember blowing the wing off of a B-17 once and I only hit his wingtip.