Author Topic: Why is it up to a vote?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:02:47 PM »
For two years yall been blabbin about doing TOD starting out with the euro theater.  Ju88 skins haven't been redone.  No b25's.  No he-111's.  I haven't seen any real developments for TOD. So wtf is this voting on italian and russian/ jap planes.  It REALLY MAKES NO SENSE.     So my thought is.  Why dont yall do what you been saying you have been supposedly doing for the past years and actually finish it?  So sheesh figure out wtf you're doing.  TOD or random planes from BFE!

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 07:04:29 PM »
Werd !

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:06:38 PM »

:D
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:08:38 PM »
Perhaps a midol is in order, perhaps.

He does raise some interesting questions though.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:27:12 PM »
:lol Hey YUCCA, good to see you're still alive and raising cane.

Pyro said they had a meeting one morning and decided it'd been too long since they came out with a new plane so they elected Waffle to build one for us.  You know how they love contests over there at htc so there you have it. Gives Waffle something to do while they continue work on CT I guess.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline YUCCA

• Silver Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 08:07:47 PM »
Perhaps have him reskin to stuka/ju88/typhoon/ etc etc.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 08:11:36 PM »
That's still ongoing. We're getting a sherman Firefly and a "revamped" old skin in the same release (whenever the next release is). I have my theory as to which one.

It's not as if they've stopped redoing the old planes, it's just that if they waited until ALL of them were done, we'd never see a new plane again, ever!

They can do both at the same time, is my point.

Offline quintv

• Copper Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 09:12:56 PM »
Originally posted by DREDIOCK

:D

i lollered

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:20:04 PM »
Please get your facts correct before throwing barbs at us with a rant.  We said CT (no longer called TOD BTW) is going to start out as 8th AF vs Luftwaffe setup.  Last I checked that didn't involve Stukas, Typhoons, B-25s, and He 111s.  In case you haven't noticed we have already refurbed and added the planes for that-  B-17, B-24, P-38, P-47, P-51, 109, and 190.  

Now I understand your frustration with CT and for that all I can say is I'm sorry.  If we had to do it all over again, it would be a secret project that you would know nothing about until just before an open beta.  Unfortunately, we can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.  The reality is that we are a small development team that essentially has to develop and support one game while also developing a new one.  We erred badly in our initial planning and that was drastically compounded by some major setbacks and a realization that we just can't entirely abandon core development in favor of CT, at least not for very long.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 09:37:21 PM »
Pyro no need for that, but thanks for the candor. I too was a little miffed about CT but all someone needed to say was that a long time ago..... I will wait and enjoy the new AC/skins for AH until CT time so take your time and get it right. :D

No need for a ww2 online nightmare again :O
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 10:14:23 PM »
people bich because they changed to multi-arenas without asking for input/giving warning, now they are SEEKING our input in a matter, and guys STILL bichin at em:rolleyes:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 10:17:16 PM »
Originally posted by YUCCA
For two years yall been blabbin about doing TOD starting out with the euro theater.  Ju88 skins haven't been redone.  No b25's.  No he-111's.  I haven't seen any real developments for TOD. So wtf is this voting on italian and russian/ jap planes.  It REALLY MAKES NO SENSE.     So my thought is.  Why dont yall do what you been saying you have been supposedly doing for the past years and actually finish it?  So sheesh figure out wtf you're doing.  TOD or random planes from BFE!

I agree !

I  don't know why is soo hard to see some new toys, maps, TOD/CT comming out,
 In first years, when i start playing, every few months some new gadgets came out, and refreshed players appetite for game,
 i don't know much about 3d modeling, but why not make all that list ?
Is the  time ? money?
Can you contract the models to some geeks??! , i would pay some extra $ with pleasure, cuz i still love this game

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 10:19:31 PM »
One of the old guys at Kesmai (Air Warrior) once said, "you can get 'em drunk, you can get 'em laid, and you STILL can't make 'em happy". He was speaking of flight sim enthusiasts, and he was speaking the gospel.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 11:01:18 PM »
Originally posted by Pyro
Please get your facts correct before throwing barbs at us with a rant.  We said CT (no longer called TOD BTW) is going to start out as 8th AF vs Luftwaffe setup.  Last I checked that didn't involve Stukas, Typhoons, B-25s, and He 111s.  In case you haven't noticed we have already refurbed and added the planes for that-  B-17, B-24, P-38, P-47, P-51, 109, and 190.  

Now I understand your frustration with CT and for that all I can say is I'm sorry.  If we had to do it all over again, it would be a secret project that you would know nothing about until just before an open beta.  Unfortunately, we can't put that toothpaste back in the tube.  The reality is that we are a small development team that essentially has to develop and support one game while also developing a new one.  We erred badly in our initial planning and that was drastically compounded by some major setbacks and a realization that we just can't entirely abandon core development in favor of CT, at least not for very long.

Thanks for the candor as well Pyro. The only question I have is why did you folks not develop the new game within the context of the old one.  The old is your bread and butter right?  Why not introduce features that enhance the old which will integrate in the new?  I'm sure you can understand folks thinking your core product has become markedly stale.

As a side note, I'll also say that if you guys managed expectations a bit better the toothpaste issue would not be as much of a concern for you.  Folks appreciate communication like this even if its bad news they see something going on instead of assuming nothing.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why is it up to a vote?
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 11:30:44 PM »
Rabbit, I believe they were trying to develop ToD (CT or the Mission Theater or whatever it was back then) within AH1, but realized that the game couldn't actually do it. IIRC, eventually the updates and changes and whatnot snowballed into an entirely new version, which we now play. Granted, for a while there wasn't much, but as they've made whatever progress or met whatever obstacles, we've gotten improvements in AH2, like the object optimization thingy, and the updated plane models.

However, I have to say it is nice to know that the MAs aren't going  to be ignored, and things like the arena format changes, and new planes and terrain updating and such are reassuring. I'm sure a lot of people felt the customers were being ignored in favor of luring new customers to replace them, and it's good to know that's not going to continue to be the case.

I don't envy HTC in the position they're in, but as has been said, the candor is appreciated, as even seeing someone from HTC posting this much is a welcome surprise.

<-- interested in ToD, but still primarily an MA dweeb
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech