Author Topic: Cant get my skin to work  (Read 773 times)

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Cant get my skin to work
« on: March 28, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
i dont know if this is the right forum..but ill post this here

i made a custom skin for the Rv-8 (better then my original),but i can get it to show up on offline or on the skin viewer..the skin is in 256 Bmp format,
i have max resolution and that stuff and hires downloaded,
i have a text file saying the name of the file..i just dont know why i cant get my skin to show up any any AH related thing

:furious its starting to get on my nerves:furious

thanks ahead of time if u guys know the problem:aok

and heres my second shot at a skin attempt..its not that good..but i tried:D
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
First idea- did you save it as Indexed, not RGB? I know you said 256, but different programs use different settings.

I've saved skins that I thought were saved right and turns out they were RGB, not indexed, and they wouldn't show up. Or if they did, the plane was invisible in skin viewer.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 07:53:19 PM »
i use Gimp and Paint and i don't see a RGB/Index option on gimp just RLE encoded

:confused:

second idea?

thanks in advance:aok,
Wes14
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 08:15:16 PM »
I use gimp too, let me take a look and see if I can get any ideas, hold on a sec here...
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 08:17:58 PM »
Go to image --> mode there should be options for RGB, Greyscale, and Indexed. Make sure its Indexed.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 08:35:02 PM »
Did it work?

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »
ok just to double check here..all you need in the file for it to work is a txt file and the plane skin itself?

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »
Don't even really need the text file, just replace the skins BMP file in the folder with the new one and it should work.

The Text file is basically just the info for submission and filing by HTC, not required for offline use.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 08:44:52 PM »
Still don't work..and to test something else i had a skin for the P40 hanging around i downloaded (not res) put it in and it didn't work as well

the only skins i can get to work offline are RES formatted skins
and nothing really works on the skin viewer

well tanks:D  for helping:aok

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 08:46:41 PM »
Lemme give it a try, I'll get back to you.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 02:25:17 PM »
i think the skin works..just not my pc..imma send it to my friend and see if it works on his

thanks Treize:aok

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
heres a Rv-8 skin me and my friend likes more:D

(dont get mad over whats on the rudder:D )

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline VooWho

• Silver Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 07:35:19 PM »
nice :aok
Non Sibi Sed Patriae!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Cant get my skin to work
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 08:26:58 PM »
Small matter... not that it's important, but since we're on the skin forum:

You have 2 small US flags on the tail. Only they've both got the blue towards the front. The port side is correct, but the starboard should have the blue toward the rudder hinge. The flag normally isn't reversible when displayed like that :aok

EDIT: It would still lean in the direction of the airflow, as if it's being slanted backward, the orientation would be different is all.