Author Topic: Yay INS! (tards)  (Read 528 times)

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 07:52:14 PM »
Same difference as far as I'm concerned.  But Clinton's integrity is far worse.  At least Bush doesn't murder the people who have dirt on him.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 07:54:18 PM by Xargos »
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 12:13:57 AM »
Althought it's hard to judge without all the facts, my bet is that he may have forgotten to have his I20 signed by his faculty. When u r a student you DO NOT have the right to leave the US for the whole lenght of your student visa, and you better make sure that you give back your I94 at the port of departure.

Those were the two main mistakes that prevented some of my fellow students from re-entering the US after summer vacation.

:cry

There:

If you plan to leave the U.S. during the holidays and will be returning for the continuation of your studies, you will need to take the following items with you in order to reenter the U.S.:

1.  A Valid Passport (one that is not expiring within 6 months)

2.   A valid Visa (the stamp in your passport which has your photo on it - be sure to check the expiration date).  If your stamp will expire before the date you will reenter the U.S., you will need to apply for a new visa in your home country.  A NEW VISA CANNOT BE ISSUED IN THE U.S.  Stop by the International Center for more details, or click here.

3.  A valid SEVIS I-20 (Check section 10 of your current I-20.  If the signature of the International Student Advisor is over 12 months old, you will need a new travel signature on your SEVIS I-20.

4. A copy of your class schedule for the next semester.  To get a copy of your schedule for the next term see Records and Registration in 102 Tillman Hall.

5.  Optional.  A letter from the International Student Advisor stating your legal status and your intentions to return to study at Winthrop after your vacation.

Students planning to travel to other countries will need to call the Embassy/Consulate of that country to see if you will need a visa, even if you are just going to Canada.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:16:10 AM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Re: Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 12:17:28 AM »
Originally posted by kamilyun
My coworker, a Chinese national, who is a graduate student/lab assistant here in the SF/Bay Area ...
Brilliant!  :rolleyes:

I hope you didn't expect a rational response from these ********s

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 01:11:41 AM »
Yep, as an F1 student, you aren't allowed any mistakes with the I20.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2007, 07:52:15 AM »
My wife went to school (chemical engineering degree) with a young foreign student.  He was very curious about life in New York, and had a curiosity about exothermic reactions and the world trade center.

She always thought there was something weird about the guy so she refused to talk to him much, especially when he asked her about her father's work which happened to be in the WTC.  Then someone tried to bring down the WTC with some bombs in the parking garage.

A short while later, she saw his picture on the news.  He was one of the original WTC bombers.

Yea the INS and pretty much all federal goons are incompetent and seem to be doing their best to harass citizens instead of actually controlling immigration problems, but I can't complain whenever they decide to look into someone's background before they let someone into the country.  Yes, in this case it's probably overkill and yes they let hundreds of thousands of undocumented illegal immigrants in through Mexico every year, but I still can't see complaining about them when they attempt to be thorough in their checks.

And BTW, China has a VERY active intelligence program, just as active as the US and Russian/Soviet programs at the height of the cold war.  Anyone failing to understand that this is a direct threat to national security is a retard.  IIRC, the two most recent high-profile espionage cases both involved Chinese spies.  Better safe than sorry IMHO, especially since I'm one of those who's lives are most at risk to military espionage activity.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 07:53:01 AM »
The INS does apply strange logic at times. I was refused a visa once on the basis that I might overstay. I wanted to do some flying. One of the reasons mentioned was that I would soon receive a green card through the immigration lottery process which I had applied for some time previously.

So they wouldn't give me a visa to go to America for a holiday because they were about to grant me a visa to work in the USA?

Confused? I certainly was. Although pleased that I was about to be given a work visa which duly arrived a few months later.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:21 AM »
Yea.  The rules just don't make sense sometimes, and they've just about taken all human judgement out of the equation.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Stringer

• Silver Member
Re: Re: Yay INS! (tards)
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 09:31:55 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
you dont repay grants, you repay loans.

john...he's paid off of a grant....not paying back a grant....