Author Topic: ???  (Read 852 times)

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
???
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 03:54:36 PM »
We had fun teasing Kermit about his pink 110 paint job and watching the betty avoid mountains....

Otherwise, uneventful flight.

:D
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
???
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 07:41:14 PM »
All the bombers in AH fly faster than they did historically, due to the games engine management, so letting them go up to 28k is no good for a design.

The map is also not to scale, so a bomber formation can "burn along" at 100 power, and really have no issues with fuel to rtb with, not so on a 1:1 scale map of Europe.

23k is a very reasonable alt cap, its also historically accurate. Bombing at 28k was not done by the 8th AF, as the accuracy it was looking for could not be achieved at those heights.

Any alt cap above 19k is fine for this kind of setup, imho. Thats plenty of alt.

There are tried and true reasons why the CMs set alt caps. FSOs have special rules, and they are there for a purpose.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
???
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »
I upped the CAP to 28K. Please be advised. This time penalties will incur on not following the CAP.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
???
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 02:56:15 AM »
I wished communications with Spicey and I could have been better.  I was only able to communicate the UF and vfs1000 guys.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
???
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »
I think making the fuel loads, or burn rate so that if you get a fuel leak it will be a close rtb would be fun.

~AoM~

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
???
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 11:38:24 PM »
I've coasted a LONG way in a bomber at 28k.....

would be fun though Filth

:D
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.