Author Topic: Round 4 Begins  (Read 2286 times)

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2007, 07:33:37 PM »
Originally posted by Jonny boy 8
im going with the b25, but the a26 is so resembles the a20 its not funny.

The B-25B/C/D Mitchell is slower than a B-26 Marauder, carries less ord than a B-26 Marauder, and has similar defensive firepower to a B-26 Marauder.

A-26B/C carries more ord than the A-20G, B-26B, and B-25B/C/D.  A-26 is faster than the A-20, B-26, and B-25.  A-26 with drop tanks goes further than the 3 bombers it was designed to replace, the A-20, B-26, and B-25.  

Anyone else notice the Wiki bomb load numbers for the B-25 don't match all the other sources with specs for the B-25?  Most I see list 2,000 lbs for B-25B, 3,000 lbs for B-25C/D typical, and 4,000 lbs possible for a short range mission.   Wiki claims 6,000 lbs for B-25J.... could a J model carry that much?  Which other models could carry what?  I don't see any big engine improvements through development to show nearly doubling the carry capacity.

BTW, nice post swareiam.  Entertaining.  kamilyun may be right about the outcome though.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:41:00 PM by tedrbr »

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
Round 4 Begins
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2007, 08:13:07 PM »
Originally posted by swareiam
I think you're right. It sounds like a good prize fight to me.

_____________________________ _________

Ladieeeeees and Gentlemen,

An event that you may not be waiting for, but could happen with a little help from HTC.

In the blue corner with a loaded weight of 27,600 lbs., sporting 14 forward firing .50 caliber machine guns with four additional .50 caliber machine guns in dorsal and ventral turrets. It has a distinguished record of serving through three American wars. It hails from Santa Monica, California. The Douglas A-26 Invader, INVADER! :mad:

In the RED corner with a loaded weight of 7,379 lbs., with 1 forward firing 37mm M4 cannon firing through the propeller hub and 4 additional forward firing .50 caliber machine guns. Serving with the RED air force during WWII and hosting the second highest scoring allied ace of WWII, from Buffalo New York on lend/Lease program. The Bell P-39 Airacobra, AIRACOBRA!:furious

DING! DING!

Let’s Get It On!:confused:
_____________________________ _________

Just a little fun. What do you think?:lol

Cheers:aok

LOL!  That’s pretty awesome for only your 9th post!