Author Topic: VH ditching bug  (Read 269 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
VH ditching bug
« on: April 08, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »
Not sure what map it was, had water in the center but wasn't the uterus map.  I was at V65 parked on that small 90 degree road that goes to the tower. I towered out and got  a ditch.  The same thing happened a couple of days ago. (don't remember the map or base)  

There is a road (path?) that comes from the hangers. One branch heads towards the map room. The other branch goes to the tower.  If you tower out on this road, you get a ditch. Even though you are on the base and on concret.  This seems to be only on the part that goes to the tower.

Only lost 4 kills, but I think this should be fixed.

thanks
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
VH ditching bug
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 01:48:18 PM »
You didn't lose any kills. You just did't get your name up in lights.

Were you in a GV? (you never said) Were you damaged in any way? Was an enemy nearby. Entries and taxiways are not sure bets if you are damaged and/or the enemy is still there.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
VH ditching bug
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 01:59:17 PM »
Sorry, you're right.  I was in an Ostie both times it happened.  I was on the concrete roadway, not the road that is on the primeter.

One time I was damaged, once I wasn't.  But it has never made a difference before as long as I was on concrete.  

The reason I think it is a bug is because it only happens on that one section after the 90 degree turn.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline watanna

• Zinc Member
VH ditching bug
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:19:06 PM »
Know exactly what you are talking about.  Only seems to happen on this
one map and like you be damned if I can remember which one.  This has
been a bug for quite some time so I avoid that area.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
VH ditching bug
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »
Well I've always done fine if I'm close to the tower. Like to see aircraft hit the radar tower if it's burning(another bug- it's down but not realy) while they try to use the smoke for cover. But that spots mine-sorry. :D
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"