Author Topic: Post 2.10.0: Salvo bug & a Sound bug  (Read 318 times)

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
Post 2.10.0: Salvo bug & a Sound bug
« on: April 12, 2007, 11:05:54 AM »
Two bugs I discovered yesterday after downloading the patch.

Bug # 1: Salvo bug.

I upped a P47-D40 with two 1,000 lb. bombs, a 500 lb bomb, and rockets.
I selected my 1k lb.ers and tried to pickle one off by itself, but both bombs dropped when I hit the release button.

I figured the salvos were reset with the patch so I typed in .salvo 1 and then selected rockets. Same thing, two rockets fired off each wing instead of just one. I tried .salvo 0, .salvo 2....same results, two ordinance is always released.
I can't get just 1 ordinance to release.

Bug # 2: Sound bug

I was driving in a field in an M3. I got into the .50 cal MG on top and starting firing the gun while rotating the gun in a 360 degree circle.

If you consider from a top down view the front of the M3 being 360 degrees (or 0 degrees), the 3 o'clock being 90 degrees, 6 o'clock being 180 degrees, etc etc, the sound of the MG fire cuts out when I rotate just past 190 degrees, and it doesn't pick back up until I pass about 340-350 degrees.

What's interesting is I tried making a FRAPS video of this as proof to post in the forums, but when I reviewed the film the sound doesn't cut out at all when swinging the gun in a full 360 degree circle.

Anyway, don't know if anyone else is experiencing these bugs but the salvo one is sure annoying the hell outta me.

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 04:42:36 PM »
Still experiencing the salvo bug...I cannot singly pickle off bombs.

Please need someone to confirm this or test it.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 04:56:16 PM »
Try hitting "B" on keyboard. Maybe your stick is twitching?

Offline OddCAF

• Zinc Member
      • http://cactusairforce.org/
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 04:21:26 AM »
I also have and continue to experience the "positional sound" bug. I've noticed it most when cycling from "front right" to "right" view in a fighter.

Another problem I've got is external sounds for bomb drops, gear and flaps when in a buff. For me, they're no longer working. (Checked the sound sliders and they're at 80 or higher.)

Regards, Odd

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 10:46:30 AM »
Can't duplicate the salvo problem. I set salvo 1 and only drop a single bomb or fire a single rocket off a P-47D-40.

Does the game return the correct salvo information when you enter the dot command?

Is this just the D-40 or is it the same on other planes, say the P-47N for example?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54