Author Topic: Views Getting Stiuck  (Read 303 times)

Offline Auger

• Nickel Member
      • AKs Home Page
Views Getting Stiuck
« on: April 13, 2007, 01:07:14 AM »
This is a new one with 2.10 patch 1.  It happened 3 times this evening, but it occurs randomly.  It happens when I'm flipping through views, usually using the Keypad 5 up modifier, while also turning.  The view will stick so that when I'm not using the hat, the default view is looking someplace other than out the front.  The first time was in an F4U-1 looking back and left, the second was in a A20 looking left and the last time was in a P-38J looking straight up.  Trying different views sometimes actually looked the right way, but releasing the hat would go back to stuck view.

The problem seems to correct itself by using the keyboard instead of the hat, although they should be the same thing.  Mashing several keypad keys tends to fix it.

I use a CH USB suite, with the views mapped to the throttle 8-way hat.  CH Control Manager
maps key presses for the hat.  

I also upgraded the CPU from a 2.2GHz Celeron to a 3.0GHz Northwood today.  Hopefully that's not it, as I'd hate to trade a much improved frame rate for random SA loss.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Views Getting Stiuck
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 04:23:30 AM »
Using CH trio, with CM to set them as one device, all maps done in game.

I've had the same issue with default view sticking to something other than LOOK_FWD.  All views respond to hat switch fine, but it goes back to the stuck view when the hat is released.  But I have had the problem back into 2.09.  A quick jerk on the tumbstick (mapped as VIEWS MOVE_) usually restores views to normal.