Author Topic: independents out# dems & reps  (Read 431 times)

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
independents out# dems & reps
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 04:50:02 PM »
I read somewhere recently, maybe in a post on this board, that most people who identify themselves as independents actually typically vote for one of the two parties in a regular fashion. They may be more likely to vote against the party in extraordinary circumstances, but by and large they don't.

Charon

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 05:27:57 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Quoted "The Republican election board members could give a poop about what the people want and removed him from the ballot anyway... which was later ruled illegal and unconstitutional."

OK..so justice was done.

Did this Libertarian candidate get back on the ballot?
Were his ideas great enough to get elected?
Did the people that ponied up the signatures vote for and support this person?

My guess is no.

Why "guess" when you can read and find out for yourself? can you say justice was served when ballots were being printed without his name, while the Dems took him to court?

Nobody ever said the dude would win, was the best, or that he had lots of great ideas or support.. the point is the un-american, illegal & unconstitutional actions by repub & dem election board members.

That's how the R/DNC operate, after acting in illegal unconstitutional ways to deny people choice and save their puny political hack jobs, they lie about it and bleed people of funds by making sure they have lots of legal fees  ... even Ray Charles can see that.

The end result of doing everything possible to exclude 3rd parties?, a congress full of incompetent party slaves who "do nothing" but bicker with each other.

Is asking the R/DNC to obey the law and act within the constitution too much to ask? they created an ILLEGAL standard

"US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit ruled that the Illinois ballot restrictions on independent candidates were unconstitutional.

The court ruled, “In combination, the ballot access requirements for independent legislative candidates in Illinois ... operate to unconstitutionally burden the freedom of political association guaranteed by the First and Fourteenth Amendments.”

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 06:35:16 PM »
All I'm asking is was justice served to those election board members who did illegal and unconstitutional things?

You keep making allegations that the things they did are routine. I'm sure they aren't and they were most likely punished for what they did.

As a result, I'm sure the Libertarian candidate at least got on the ballot in the next election and won big, yes?

They're not excluding third parties. As my posted link shows there are many parties to choose from. Pick the one you like and help them out!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 10:02:54 PM »
Originally posted by Blooz
Saying you're 'Independant' is alot different than voting 'Independant'.

If that poll was worth anything, Congress would look much different than is is.

Blooz brings up a great point, clearly defined by Lazs's  own policies.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 08:40:05 AM »
I don't say I am an independent.   On the contrary..  I am a registered republican so that I can have a meaningful vote in the primaries.

Grow up lazer.