Author Topic: Stutter!  (Read 698 times)

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Re: Update!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »
Originally posted by bandit752
Is the update site I posted above the same one?
I want to make sure I am using the correct update?
The one above is DX April 2007

Funny thing is, the DX version number doesn't change from the Feburary DX release after install. The DX files reported in dxdiag all have rather old dates but none new.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Stutter!
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 07:13:13 PM »
If you mean looking through the "files" tab on the dxdiag screen, I don't know if that would change. I've not installed this patch yet (still checking it out first) but I only have 1 file from 2005, and only 3 from 2006, all the rest are 2004 or earlier.

Those could just be misleading because of the way DX installs it, who knows?

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Stutter!
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 07:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
If you mean looking through the "files" tab on the dxdiag screen, I don't know if that would change. I've not installed this patch yet (still checking it out first) but I only have 1 file from 2005, and only 3 from 2006, all the rest are 2004 or earlier.

Those could just be misleading because of the way DX installs it, who knows?

That's what I thought but it would seem logical that the DX version number as reported in dxdiag would change with the new install, but I guess we gotta remember...it IS a MS product so logic must not have been considered for this DX release.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Stutter!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 07:58:18 PM »
After updating with the patch, I've got over a dozen files with a 2007 date. These include direct3d, directsound, directdraw, and some other files.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Stutter!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 08:30:20 AM »
The change was minor to coincide with the SDK release. Evidently not calling for a version change... it is still called 9.0c.

SDK
The new release features improvements to the XACT UI, PIX, and the shader compiler and adds a new sample which demonstrates effect pools. M$ plans updates for every two months now.

My guess is HT updated their SDK before the small AH update.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 08:32:51 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Stutter!
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 09:20:49 AM »
That's probably right.

However, running that patch only gave me back 5-10 fps. I'm still taking a hit compared to pre-2.10. The patch was worth it (20-25 fps is WAY better than 15, trust me that little bit helps so much!), but I'm still hoping HTC puts out a patch to fix these fps issues.

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
Stutter
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 11:01:45 AM »
Hello All,

I'm having a problem where my screen freezes up for seconds at a time and if there is a vox transmission it gets repeated over and over. It's quite annoying as I usually end up augering:o . I don't have the frame rate indicator up so I can't tell you what my frame rate is.

I'm running a Dell at 2.6ghz XP with 256mb and Nevidia card (sorry this description is screwed up I'm not at home now) Would this patch help? I don't want to patch if I don't need to and I ran MS Update this morning to see if the patch was on the list (it wasn't).

Thanks in advance :)

gusman44

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Stutter!
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
The game has/uses more resources than the previous version did.  If your computer was at the edge of having resource issues, there is a good chance it is now having resource issues.

Pauses and sounds looping are normally attributable to heavy swapping.  In other words, the computer is running out of resources.

Reducing the "Maximum Texture Size" to the next size down will normally cure those problems.  But, if you are also running with anti-alising being forced on the video card, then changing the texture size may not have an effect.

There is no patch to fix resource starvation.  The game has all the controls in it to reduce its own resource usage.  You just have to make use of them.

Outside of the game, there is the issue with background processes which can use up a significant amount of resources.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:10:32 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline gusman

• Nickel Member
Stutter
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
Thank you sir!!:)

I'll look into getting more Ram also. 256mb seemed like a lot 4 years ago:rolleyes:

Cheers,
gusman44

Lt Cdr gus
801 Squadron FAA
Squadron XO