Author Topic: Uber Jeep Pwns Tank Town!  (Read 1735 times)

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Uber Jeep Pwns Tank Town!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 08:10:23 AM »
Sharp steering in top gear might stop you.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 08:16:01 AM »
Originally posted by 5PointOh
Well after losing 6 kills to an M8 on the way back to base, and then re uping and getting basted by a guy so far out he must of been in a new time zone, I let him know I knew where he was.  How you may ask...JU-87 and 1800kg bomb. I think that was legit.

You bet that's legit. And it gave you that tingle from the adrenaline to best him didn't it? I love it.:D

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 10:23:49 AM »
Originally posted by Brenjen
You bet that's legit. And it gave you that tingle from the adrenaline to best him didn't it? I love it.:D

Yea, it gave me a tingle. Nothing like saying "hello governor" with the 1800 kg of munitions. :rofl
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »
Well it may sound like spawn camping to you but it might not by other peoples standards, as the spawn size increased because of the complaints that it was like shooting fish in a barrel, the larger more random spawns overlap each other now to the point where you can spawn in & start killing other people at their spawn when they up without even moving.

I remember when the spawn camping was not incidental but intentional. If you're 2K out then the guy is a good shot & more than likely on his own spawn or even further away. Believe me I've been camped before; who here that has gotten into a GV more than once or twice hasn't?

The problem is, when you spawn in & get popped, it's usually by someone who is still sitting on their own spawn too; especially in TT. There are a couple maps that the spawns overlap to the point that you spawn on top of each other, or even a couple hundred meters behind each other.

Like I said, I've been camped before & yes I got pissed off dying over & over again but it was my choice to keep going back. I could have upped buffs or JABO & killed them legitimately without breaking the rules & exploiting a glitch & so can you.  If HTC devises a way to eliminate camping I'm sure not going to complain about the loss of the camping opportunity. But I'm also not going to exploit a glitch either.

When there were holes in the terrain guys were hiding in those & popping people, that was more irritating than the campers. How about warping planes? If a guy decides he's tired of losing to you & can warp at will (I know they say you can't do that, others think you can - pretend for this instance you can)....is it ok for him to do it? No. Not in my opinion it's not.

Like I said no offense to anyone, it's just my opinion that it's a no brainer.;)

Having camped many a spawn myself, I feel qualified to say "YES",this is spawn camping, any gv'er that says they have not camped a spawn is a big fibber,lol.
 And you can kill any tiger or panzer from behind with an MG from a jeep, REALLY gets em mad too! lol
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline devild0g

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 04:06:03 PM »
LOL if you see a tank moving on a field that is deackd and it is knits.... dont worry about the town he is heading for the base XD rofl lol gota love the knits man field is capped its like hey where is everyone umm vulching 20 minutes ltaer OMFG ACK

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 04:17:38 PM »
Originally posted by devild0g
LOL if you see a tank moving on a field that is deackd and it is knits.... dont worry about the town he is heading for the base XD rofl lol gota love the knits man field is capped its like hey where is everyone umm vulching 20 minutes ltaer OMFG ACK

:huh UM, What?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 05:28:17 PM »
Originally posted by yanksfan
Having camped many a spawn myself, I feel qualified to say "YES",this is spawn camping, any gv'er that says they have not camped a spawn is a big fibber,lol.
 And you can kill any tiger or panzer from behind with an MG from a jeep, REALLY gets em mad too! lol

Well, I disagree. With the over lapped spawn points & the huge random spawn; spawn camping is nothing like it used to be. I've killed guys on their spawn from my own spawn on several maps since HTC redesigned the spawn in area, that's not spawn camping, at least not in the traditional sense. You used to have to seek out the enemy spawn & look for a spot....know just spawn in & wait; an enemy GV will spawn up in gun range soon enough.

If you crawl into a Tiger & kill it with a jeeps MG (yes I know it can be done) you're cheating. It's a known glitch & exploiting a glitch is against the rules.

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 05:44:14 PM »
Well, I disagree. With the over lapped spawn points & the huge random spawn; spawn camping is nothing like it used to be. I've killed guys on their spawn from my own spawn on several maps since HTC redesigned the spawn in area, that's not spawn camping, at least not in the traditional sense. You used to have to seek out the enemy spawn & look for a spot....know just spawn in & wait; an enemy GV will spawn up in gun range soon enough.

If you crawl into a Tiger & kill it with a jeeps MG (yes I know it can be done) you're cheating. It's a known glitch & exploiting a glitch is against the rules.

I didn't say crawl inside, I said behind. And cheating is only if you are doing something outside the rules to gain an unfair advantage that other players do not have, obviously anyone can do what you are suggesting with a jeep, so thats not cheating.
 Anyway so many people throw the cheater thing around so much its lost its meaning, mostly when someone crys cheat, what their really saying is "i'm a bad sport".

Oh, and i do agree with you, tt is tt, spawning out there does put you in a camp position, it's a free for all. But there is no bad way or "cheating" way to kill a tank with a jeep, i mean come on, its a jeep.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 05:49:31 PM by yanksfan »

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 05:46:54 PM »

It's not a glitch, it's a limitation of playing over the net.

If they enable vehicle collisions it causes some very nasty side effects because GVs are travelling at much slower speeds than aircraft.

How would you feel if your Tiger and a Jeep got locked together, or flew apart at warp 9 when they touched?

The current method isn't great, but about all that is possible under the playing conditions.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 06:07:39 PM »
No it's a glitch. It's not just the collision model. If you have done it then you know what I'm talking about, you can't just shoot anywhere. The lack of a collision model is the reason you can crawl inside them, but not the way your killing them. If that was the case running through them would do it.

But there is no bad way or "cheating" way to kill a tank with a jeep, i mean come on, its a jeep.

You are mistaken or just inexperienced, there is a "cheating" way to kill a tank in a jeep. That's the ONLY way your killing a tank in a jeep. You may score the kill when another person bombs it or hits it with an AP round, but that's not the same thing as blowing one up with your pintle gun. Your just getting credit for the kill because of how many rounds you dumped into the guy. People have always done that at spawns with M-16's lol, kill stealing is no newer than stat padding.

Sorry boys but I completely disagree with exploiting bugs to win. It's no different than the guys that used to drive into the supply truck shed & fire out of it or the guys that used to pull into the terrain glitch by the shore batts. If you want to park on a spawn & camp me that's fine, your taking your chances & I also agree that the tanker should be more aware than to let a jeep run through him but I just can't concede that using the jeep as an exploit is a fair or right thing to do.

I'm out, have fun, maybe they can address this issue officially some day.

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 06:18:34 PM »
You are mistaken or just inexperienced, there is a "cheating" way to kill a tank in a jeep. That's the ONLY way your killing a tank in a jeep. You may score the kill when another person bombs it or hits it with an AP round, but that's not the same thing as blowing one up with your pintle gun. Your just getting credit for the kill because of how many rounds you dumped into the guy. People have always done that at spawns with M-16's lol, kill stealing is no newer than stat padding.
 [/B]

Dude, Yes you can kill a tank with a jeep, if you pump rounds into the rear end you will kill it, I will gladly show you, it's one of my fav ways to kill a tiger.
 you can do it with any 50 cal. m16's work best cause there are 4 firing at once, but a jeep, without driveing inside can do it, I have done it, you should try it , it's a blast.lol
 but really, go to 8 player room and try it, it's alot harder to do then with a tank,  so if anything killing a tank with a tank would be cheating,lol, if that makes any sence.

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 06:18:37 PM »
The reason it kills them is because the Jeep gun kills the driver, the equivalent to killing the pilot in an aircraft.

So hows that a glitch?
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2007, 06:30:15 PM »
Good story, thanks.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2007, 11:00:11 PM »
Yanksfan can you send me a film of that?

you can kill a tank with a jeep, if you pump rounds into the rear end you will kill it, I will gladly show you, it's one of my fav ways to kill a tiger.
you can do it with any 50 cal. m16's work best cause there are 4 firing at once, but a jeep, without driveing inside can do it
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2007, 02:47:12 AM »
moot

HMMMMMM!, Just tryed it in offline game, Don't know if offline is different, or when they changed tank armor hardness in latest update it's no longer possible, but, i could not kill a tiger with a jeep or for that matter an m16. so........APON FURTHER REVEIW..........I stand corrected.......i will change my statement of killing a tiger or panzer with 50 cals to "at one time" at least until I get a chance to try it online.  LOL
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:10:28 AM by yanksfan »

80th FS "Headhunters"