Author Topic: Controller Axis  (Read 356 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Controller Axis
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
I'd like a little help "fine-tuning" my joystick axis..  basically I've never played with deadband, etc.. but now that I've got a decent hardware setup with better framerates, I'm realizing my stick (X45) is a bit touchy for light maneuvering...

For example.. if I need to pull up just a fraction of an inch to get on my target, I tend to go up too high.  Not really a "nose-bounce" issue so much as an overcorrection kind of thing.

Can anyone show me how to adjust the settings so that small inputs start off small, and gradually increase the further I move the stick?

Thanks!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Controller Axis
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/controllers/controllers.htm

Read the paragraph called "adjusting your controllers", it will tell you how to scale your inputs.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Controller Axis
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »
The default scaled settings will reduce the control movement near the centre position for the same movement you used to input. I would suggest you start there and then tweak it to suit your own style. i.e. the sliders default on the scale setting will start on the low left and rise to the high right setting.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Controller Axis
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 07:41:25 PM »
I figured it out.. scaling was turned off for some reason since this last update.

I turned it back on and left the sliders alone and things are much, much better.

I may work on tweaking it a bit later on.. I was just trying to figure out why the joystick got so touchy all of a sudden!  Just wanted some opinions on what the best scaling settings were for you guys.

Thanks for that link!  I'll check it out.

Thanks!