Author Topic: So what will they ban next huh??  (Read 529 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
So what will they ban next huh??
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 08:11:14 PM »
They overlook the obvious: it's rarely the bat that injures, it's the BALL.

Clearly, they should be allowed metal bats but most definitely it's time to switch to nerf baseballs.

That should really cut down the injuries.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 08:21:52 PM »
Oh I played 3rd base when I was a kid...I was 12 when a ground ball took a bounce on the turf and whammied me in the jaw.  I thought I broke it with all the swelling and blood.  Put some ice on it then got checked out at the ER.

Had that happened now....oh geez, I could sue the ball maker, the batter, the people who maintain the un-even turf....

I like the old days better, thank you!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
Nanny State!

/runs

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 08:38:42 PM »
Well, nannies for sure... we've got plenty of them.

They haven't quite won the whole thing yet though.  :)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »
PS: I didn't hurt anyone's poor wittle feelings with that post did I?

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 08:52:56 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Oh I played 3rd base when I was a kid...I was 12 when a ground ball took a bounce on the turf and whammied me in the jaw.  I thought I broke it with all the swelling and blood.  Put some ice on it then got checked out at the ER.

Had that happened now....oh geez, I could sue the ball maker, the batter, the people who maintain the un-even turf....

I like the old days better, thank you!

Was pitching one day.
Pitched a beautiful fastball right down the pipe.
Batter hits the ball a line drive right back at my head.
Put the glove up to catch the ball
I missed.
The ball didnt.
Result.
3 chipped teeth and a pair of cut up and swollen lips tht made me look like I just kissed Godzilla.
It was literally years before I was willing to take the mound again
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 09:01:13 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
They overlook the obvious: it's rarely the bat that injures, it's the BALL.

Clearly, they should be allowed metal bats but most definitely it's time to switch to nerf baseballs.

That should really cut down the injuries.

lol, they already nerfed the baseball, that's why 4'-11" 167lbs shortstops smack 30 homers
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »
when i was a kid i got hit in the head with a bat during a game, passed out 1/2 hour later, i think it might have been a concussion, but in those days we only went to the doctor for something serious.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 09:04:05 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
when i was a kid i got hit in the head with a bat during a game, passed out 1/2 hour later, i think it might have been a concussion, but in those days we only went to the doctor for something serious.

Oh yeah, bat to the head, florida, it's all making sense now:D
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 09:27:48 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
lol, they already nerfed the baseball, that's why 4'-11" 167lbs shortstops smack 30 homers

That's not nerf, that's superball!  BooooOOOOOIIINNNNG!

Offline doobs

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 09:39:54 PM »
never believed in Metal bats, never have. don't believe in metal or compostite hockey sticks either

If the metal bats don't give any edge then why aren't they used in MLB.

I played competitve baseball till I was 30 and from experience metal bats are designed to outperform wood and do.

If they didn't why are all the sports stores stocked with 90% metal bats compared to wood, and don't tell me its cause wood bats break.

I could buy 3 ash bats to one good metal bat.

and in little league where the pitcher is only forty feet away, is another arguement for wood, one second means alot when it comes to reflexes.

and that is what I believe the difference between metal and wood, one second.
R.I.P JG44
(founding XO)

68KO always remembered

Offline FastFwd

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 04:06:30 AM »
Dear me, nannies in America. Is nowhere safe? :huh