Author Topic: Dropping the Troops  (Read 900 times)

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 12:07:39 PM »
yeah...ive noticed that too, but i thought maybe it was just me, when i set salvo to 10, not all of them come out. So i just tap the bomb butoon alot :cool: (however this only occurs when im in an m3)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 12:16:23 PM by Flame 2 the boy »

Offline lilprop

• Zinc Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 12:22:37 PM »
And I thought this was a euphemism for something else.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 12:25:16 PM »
No your thinking of "dropping the kids of at the pool":D
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 01:01:48 PM »
which has now been renamed :lol
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »
Though I have succesfully captured a base from an M3 while moving and dropping the troops, as long as doors are open they will drop and run ive found
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »
Originally posted by macleod01
Though I have succesfully captured a base from an M3 while moving and dropping the troops, as long as doors are open they will drop and run ive found
Facinating! - I tried it off line and in first and second gear at 3000 RPM they get out OK . Shift into third and they die! Good to know you don't have to stop though, as I never knew this before.

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 05:09:04 AM »
.salvo does work for troops however that does not mean all 10 leave at once... It only means you have to puch the button once for all the troops to begin releasing and do not have to continually push the relase buttoon for them to drop...

If youve tried it and it didnt work try it again and make sure youve typed in the correct command .salvo 10..  It works just fine.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 05:17:24 AM »
Originally posted by Blagard
Facinating! - I tried it off line and in first and second gear at 3000 RPM they get out OK . Shift into third and they die! Good to know you don't have to stop though, as I never knew this before.

I wonder if this is correctly modeled and if so where they got the data from :eek:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Flame 2 the boy

• Copper Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 11:01:41 AM »
Originally posted by Blagard

Give em a helmet....theyll be fine :aok

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Dropping the Troops
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »
I know for sure that supplies (either type) will survive if your M3 or LVT is travelling less than 20 mph.  I have never tried it with troops as I didn't wish to risk losing them.  I don't think I'd want to jump out the back of a truck moving 20 mph though ;)