Author Topic: Why GVers are lame.........  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Why GVers are lame.........
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 11:51:21 AM »
Originally posted by 5PointOh
There are a lot of bugs around tank town, I have been seeing a constant flow of people landing 40-60 kills in tank town.  Last night I seen 54 in M4.  I cant say for sure, but I am guessing that is an exploit of bug!

You don't need to exploit any bugs to get that much kills. Just alot practice in GVs, patience, luck, SA and of course proper use of smoke screens. :aok
(It was me who landed that 54 kills)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 11:52:13 AM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
What is the windmill bug? First I have heard of it. Is it something like the shore battery bug we used to have?

Yep.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 01:01:52 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
It's a shame that the title of your thread paints all GVs with such a broad brush.  

I'm not one to panic and get all wound up over something as petty as this, and such a problem like a graphics bug are solveable so it really needs just a bug report and not a slight against a whole group.

Curios about this particular comment, however:  

This leads me to believe that you might find it acceptable to do, for fun, as long as it meets your criteria.  What if someone else found it appalling that you would even do it "gleefully".  Are they right and you are now subject to your own regulation?  Who makes these decisions, and frankly, what on earth makes you think that we need a police state in there to Decide who is exploiting and who is being Gleeful?  Who challenges that decision?  Is there Glee Review Board that defines intent?

Do you honestly think that a simple bug report couldn't have sufficed and a slant against a group was really required?

Comments like this make me nervouse, how easily people succumb to requiring someone else to babysit and define "acceptable".

ROC,

You are correct, the title was provocative....

My intent is to recognize that a fair amount of skill goes into being successful in the ground war. There is in fact a kind of "ACM" unique to this phase of the game. I've always enjoyed the "fluid" ground combat. TT historically brought out the most gamey aspects....in alot of ways the M4 has simply brought the ground game in balance. It's not really a perk vehicle (IMO)....but more like the la-7/spitXVI. Now once we have the "easy 8" and hopefully a T-34/85 everyone will have a better perspective (myself included).

I'll explain my "gleeful" comment for you. There are a number of terrain features easily exploitable (all based on subtle variations of placement). I have spawn camped TT with the best of them...in fact I'm getting "bombed out" alot more then i'm getting shot out of the saddle....assuming of course I can even get out from my own camped spawn:( :cry ......

Now to me this is all part of the game, I've suggested anti-tank guns etc to help break the camping. Since the M4 has "evened up" the playing field vs the "experienced" Gver in a tiger I've played alot more...and found it to be not only enjoyable....but very skill based. Enough that it might actually warrant a cadre of "GV trainers" as it expands. The lack of policing detracts from the large number of individuals who have learned and apply these tactics effectively.

If in fact a "bug" created a truely gamable factor in the air war (lets assume you could learn to spawn an "invisable plane" due to a skin defect...not only would HTC react quickly but the "other side" of the community would. Look at the constant comments on HO's...which are perfectly valid. No real BS like this would be tolerated.

It shouldnt in this aspect either. I realize that an awful lot of effort is going into other area's and its not realistic to expect patch's. I do think that true bugs that are exploitable for game play (for any part of the game) should be noted and "banned" if used to advantage.

There is large portion of the "GV community" I've gained alot of respect for now that the M4 has created some true variables in game play. I've also started launching PXIV's a bit using the same things I've "learned"....a broader vehicle set will give the GVers the same opportunity to use "inferior" rides to great success...I'd hate to be the guy trundling back to land 14 kills in a T-34 who gets popped by a tiger (he couldnt see or shoot) in a windmill behind his own spawn.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 01:04:41 PM »
There are a lot of bugs around tank town, I have been seeing a constant flow of people landing 40-60 kills in tank town.  Last night I seen 54 in M4.  I cant say for sure, but I am guessing that is an exploit of bug!  I used to enjoy TT, but now its just a place for people to gain perks.  It takes the fun of TT that people have to exploit the bugs.  Of course no one want to report them, then they couldn't use them.  Think I stick to fighters, for now.

GV combat is suprising skill based, I landed 40 and I suck. I can easily rack up 5-15 kills (assuming I can get out of the spawn)....the exploits detract alot from what can be a very enjoyable aspect of the game. your comment highlights the issue....when a guy "lands" alot of kills in a GV we all assume hes camping/exploiting exetra....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Why GVers are lame.........
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 01:08:34 PM »
Originally posted by Speed55
Basically your saying that HT should ban people for exploiting a bug in the terrain they put out.  

Wouldn't it be better if the bugs were just reported to HTC, so they could be fixed, and then everyone would have a level playing field again? (which is what you, and everyone else, including myself want.)

I hear alot of guys complaining about bugs in the MA, but i don't think some of them  even know about the  bb's.  

If enough  guys post in the bugs forum,  it will call HT's attention to a problem that can be easily fixed.                                                            

Edit:
I made a post in the bugs forum. You can ellaborate there.  :aok

If you look thru the bug forum you'll see I posted film on shooting thru storage tanks, commented on "invisable" tanks and that Vans Crew commented on this there already....

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Why GVers are lame.........
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 01:09:29 PM »
Originally posted by storch
someone should have a bottle of warm milk and take their napper

Why dont you bring your 110 to the DA sometime. I'll fly the A-20.....

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 01:16:09 PM »
My intent

Second post was well said, could have been the initial post and your "intent" would have gotten through.

As it was, there was nothing in the original post that even remotely eluded to the intent of what you meant.

I honestly wish there were more discussion with a thought process behind it as your second post, and far fewer of the original posts.

Might be asking a bit much though :D This board does have it's moments :rofl

and Ya, use the sig, I kinda cracked up while thinking about glee review board thing.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline CarlsBee

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 01:23:50 PM »
windmill bug is easy, look no more.  You enter the windmill, have to be careful, safest way is to enter by the door :D :D :D
Be careful not to leave your arse out, once you are in they cannot see you they cannot shoot you, they can bomb you.  Great spot the windmill in the spawn of the rooks at TT.
Last night had 91 kill, rooks were kind enough to get supplies out, before I let they kill me like a dumbas.
Got a film too, if you want to see it will email those who ask.
I did ask about the bug, was told that was known and would be fixed next patch.  I dont give a, well do as you like, I've been bombed, vulched, shot in the arse.  Its just a game, so if it is there I will use it.  I pay as much as anyone so if you dont like it you pay for my subscription and tell me what I can and cannot do with it.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 01:30:20 PM »
I certainly have no right to tell anyone else what to do...and I cant argue with the logic that if someone else is going to do it then I am to. The flip side is you can simply recognize its a bug and elect not to use it (since it seems all windmills were taken this AM thats not the case)....

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 01:38:07 PM »
So "it's a race to see who can get into a windmill the fastest"?  

The list of quality players has been getting short for a while, crap like this increases it tenfold.   Pathetic, and all in the "name of points".
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 01:40:01 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
You don't need to exploit any bugs to get that much kills. Just alot practice in GVs, patience, luck, SA and of course proper use of smoke screens. :aok
(It was me who landed that 54 kills)

I apologize for assuming that it was all bugs, but so many people land that many and a lot of people do assume that eplotation or severe camping.  But if you all recall before the new update, you didn't usually hear of 50+ kills.  After being trapped in a water tank the other night and being able to kill as I may with out anyone seeing me, I decided to stay away.  I'm sure HTC is working on fixes for the bugs.:D
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »
Originally posted by Engine
I fail to see how these comments on bug exploitation can be construed as whining. Anyone who considers it whining is a fool.

You should not be required to up a plane to bomb an exploiter.

It is when you post a bug report in the General Discussion Forum and use a title that is offensive to players who enjoy the GV war.

I don't mind being a fool, by your definition.

:aok
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »
I apologize for assuming that it was all bugs, but so many people land that many and a lot of people do assume that eplotation or severe camping.  But if you all recall before the new update, you didn't usually hear of 50+ kills.  After being trapped in a water tank the other night and being able to kill as I may with out anyone seeing me, I decided to stay away.  I'm sure HTC is working on fixes for the bugs.:D

No need to apologize, I didn't feel attacked at all. But I did camp, I got most of that kills by just sitting in front of the spawn. But it's hard NOT to camp in TT... drive away from your own spawn and you have an enemy spawn point in front of your gun after a few seconds. Basically any time you stop at one place is camping...

BTW, I never was able to get 50+ kills in TT before. I just had the unusual luck that nobody did bomb me. Usually I get egged after 20 kills ;)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 01:51:18 PM »
Might be a graphics bug, but I could see JB21 as he was parked inside it. At first I thought he was in front of it, but I could see him.

So it's not always such a secret spot.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »
On my FE, 21's tank was flickering in the windmill. Noticing the tank flashing alerted me to the tracers coming out of both windmills, and tracers coming out of buildings are practically homing beacons to my B-26s.

Not to single him out of course, he just happened to be the most recent one. I can't count the number of people I've seen inside the fence, storage tanks, or windmills, and I use our uber formations to divebomb them anyway, so it's a full circle of lame-but-funny.

I have to wonder why HTC doesn't release small patches to fix some of the more abused or frustrating bugs, but they run the business, and I pay for access to the servers, so what I wonder doesn't mean much. I know this has resulted in more whining than any other bug I can recall, and I would have thought HT would be as tired of it as everyone else.

Anyway, be careful in those windmills after 11pm eastern. :t
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:14:24 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech