Author Topic: Why GVers are lame.........  (Read 2441 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Why GVers are lame.........
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 02:13:20 PM »
maybe the title of the thread should have been something like

"Why GVers are concidered lame...."

its the same reason those who fly LA7s are dweeb, because of those who game the game in stead of using skills to win. HOin with all those cannons on the nose of that LA doesn't show a bunch of skill, but if everyone else is doing it......

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 02:13:43 PM »
Originally posted by 5PointOh
There are a lot of bugs around tank town, I have been seeing a constant flow of people landing 40-60 kills in tank town.  Last night I seen 54 in M4.  I cant say for sure, but I am guessing that is an exploit of bug!  I used to enjoy TT, but now its just a place for people to gain perks.  It takes the fun of TT that people have to exploit the bugs.  Of course no one want to report them, then they couldn't use them.  Think I stick to fighters, for now.

Just because someone landed a load of kills don't assume it was because of spawn camping or bug exploitation. I have had 50 + kills defending a town. This can be verified by members of the DEA (Rooks Death Enforcement Agency) wonder and motor19, Bhawk and the others that were attacking that town at that time.

That being said, most, not all of the landings of large number of GV kills are from spawn camping.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »
Originally posted by Flame 2 the boy
if u keep gettin killed by the same guy at one spot heres a tip....dont go there

:rofl  :rofl  it's so true and simple it's sad
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 02:16:56 PM »
Originally posted by REP0MAN
It is when you post a bug report in the General Discussion Forum and use a title that is offensive to players who enjoy the GV war.

I don't mind being a fool, by your definition.

:aok

My intention was/is to create a discussion. For some reason the "GV" guys arent as adament about policing themselfs. For the GV segment to grow and expand I think a little more peer pressure might help. The bug report already existed. I didnt post a "bug report" I commented on those players using the bug AFTER it was posted for an advantage...bad enough your dealing with camping...now your dealing with attacking windmills

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
Originally posted by Larry

Heres an idea they kill you once and you dont see them. You come back they kill you again and you see they are useing a bug you use a bomb. End of story.

You mean like this.. :D  film included..  http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html

I do agree with the thread starter.  Any game I've ever played online, when players were caught using hacks they were always ousted. So why no here?

Here it's the additude of hummm how can I do that..IMO using a wall hack is out right cheating no if's and's or but's. They know they have very little chase if any of being killed by other GV's and are abusing a bug end of story.

There are also still buildings that you can go inside and will pop allowing you to stay inside and kill guys with out being seen at TT. I find it rather lame and really un fair to the guys that play a legit game.

All I can say HT guys is please fix this stuff :cry.   I also know it's a dead horse but the spawns at TT really need some cover. The spawn the rooks have had in LWblue the last week or so, has to be the worst one of the bunch.

Also in regards to smoke.. Some guys don't even see the smoke because of their video cards, putting the guys that do see it at a big disadvantage.

With planes the only real bug I see abused but only by a few, is when you get on someone's 6 Then they start spin ing the plane all over the place. The guys like look a like a fish flopping on the ground.

No way in hell could a plane do that in real life and it is a bit annoying when someone starts doing it.  Only good thing is not many can seem to do it, so it's not wide spread and as easy to do as driving up to a fence and shooting through it.
"strafing"

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 02:25:15 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
:rofl  :rofl  it's so true and simple it's sad

Yea too bad that spot seems to be the Spawn at TT..
"strafing"

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 02:33:29 PM »
The pic above is from a guy in the Rook TT spawn windmill. In this case it happens to be a rook defending...when I was on a little while ago Carlsbee was back in there. So he's almost right on the rook spawn. Exactly how do you suggest the rooks avoid him....jee maybe they can borrow the bishop spawn.....even better why not add a windmill to the game so they can just spawn a windmill instead:)

"The man with the windmill spawns...the man behind drives into the windmill and shoots...":aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 02:37:18 PM »
Hmmmm-  

Could one of you guys check out the shore battery thing again, to make sure it's not back?  I would but I get full body muscle twitches if I'm in a gv...

The reason I ask is that last night I kept getting a panzer icon near the shore battery during a cv battle at our field.  I dropped in to straf a bit, but could never see him or hit him.  I could only see his icon.  I made several passes, but lost interest.  I was in the orange arena as a bishop, but don't remember the map name.  The water was to the east of our field.

I was not aware of this bug, and actually figured I must have been having graphics issues.

I know it wasn't a windmill he was in though.  I think those are really cool and would have remembered.  It looked more like a big pile of dirt, maybe it was the shore battery??  

I actually thought he must have been crowded up against it so tight I couldn't see him, even when I zoomed my view all the way in.

MtnMan
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2007, 02:37:23 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
You mean like this.. :D  film included..  http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html

I do agree with the thread starter.  Any game I've ever played online, when players were caught using hacks they were always ousted. So why no here?

It is the same here. Anyone using a hack will be history...

But note that exploiting a bug / glitch isn't a hack. Changing the code of the game, or using external programs manipulating the game engine or data flow is.

Heck, If I was a new young player, maybe I did just see someone shooting out of that windmill without me even knowing that this is an exploit.

Not that I wan't to encourage anyone exploiting bugs. Though I am one of that honorless vulching and ho'ing ack-huggers, I completely refrain from hiding in windmills, shorebatteries and other bugs and hope others do the same and that this very bug is fixed very soon.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2007, 02:38:38 PM »
With the demise of AW and the abomination called "Relaxed Realism" those people have to be able to do something!

(cackles madly.... lol)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2007, 02:39:24 PM »
Originally posted by mtnman
Hmmmm-  

I know it wasn't a windmill he was in though.  I think those are really cool and would have remembered.  It looked more like a big pile of dirt, maybe it was the shore battery??  

I

Sounds like he was just driving into a bomb crater, which does look like he is under it from the air. That's an old bug apparently not fixed yet.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2007, 02:39:42 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
No need to apologize, I didn't feel attacked at all. But I did camp, I got most of that kills by just sitting in front of the spawn. But it's hard NOT to camp in TT... drive away from your own spawn and you have an enemy spawn point in front of your gun after a few seconds. Basically any time you stop at one place is camping...

BTW, I never was able to get 50+ kills in TT before. I just had the unusual luck that nobody did bomb me. Usually I get egged after 20 kills ;)

Well there is a difference in camping on a spawn vs camping else where on the map. I normally never camp a spawn, to shoot guys as soon as they pop. I think it's lame and takes no real skill. However I have done it and wont say I haven't, most of the times it's when I've been repeatedly spawn camped myself I figure payback is a *****. :D

Personally I'd rather they just fix the issue, so the point you spawn you aren't getting hit from the other spawn. Seems simple enough to make a few adjustments to the map. Any other map if a spawn is camped then you just go to another base or spawn. On TT map the only real GV battles are on the TT island Which only really has one spawn option unless you want to drive 20 mins to get to the fight.

The new trees are a pane in the butt to drive through, why can't they just add some big thick forests between the three spawns? Then add in a few more small hills in the spawn area, so no single tank could see the whole spawn.  At least that would make a spawn camper have to work to get to a good camp spot and give guy's a chance to at least start their engine..

As far as camping other locations I see nothing wrong with it, I have a few nice camp sites inside the TT town and I typically rack up quite a few kills at them. I'm not camping a spawn nor am I exploiting a game bug  other than using smoke. So I see nothing wrong with that sort of camping, at least when someone camps else where in a map there is a good chance he can be killed.

With the current spawn camp problem on TT is the direct cause of why the VH's are always being bombed. Team A gets team B's spawn camped, so team B ups bombers to go kill team A's VH.. It's a endless circle that could easily be fixed with a few small adjustments to the map.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:44:29 PM by crockett »
"strafing"

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2007, 02:42:25 PM »
In all fairness if a tank in WWII wanted to he could drive into a windmill and make a hole then back into it and use it as a hiding space. I still don't know why heavy tanks can't drive through trees or buildings. I mean not alot can stop a tiger going 25mph.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:53:59 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2007, 02:45:09 PM »
The point is, he can fire out, but no rounds will ever go in, because they explode harmlessly on the windmill, rather than on the tank.

It's a super shield power-up from Quake.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2007, 02:47:44 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
It is the same here. Anyone using a hack will be history...

But note that exploiting a bug / glitch isn't a hack. Changing the code of the game, or using external programs manipulating the game engine or data flow is.

Heck, If I was a new young player, maybe I did just see someone shooting out of that windmill without me even knowing that this is an exploit.

Not that I wan't to encourage anyone exploiting bugs. Though I am one of that honorless vulching and ho'ing ack-huggers, I completely refrain from hiding in windmills, shorebatteries and other bugs and hope others do the same and that this very bug is fixed very soon.

I use the term "hack" as in "wall hack" which is what this sort of thing is usually called in most games. When people find an exploit in a game which allows them to look through a wall it's called a wall hack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_hack or maphacking  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maphack
"strafing"