Author Topic: Why GVers are lame.........  (Read 2451 times)

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Why GVers are lame.........
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2007, 11:21:16 PM »
I personally prefer lancs with 14 1000lbs.

Husky like big booms!:t
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:47 PM »
The 26s have much better armament (fixed guns for strafing, better tail/upper), and are easier to get over the hills and into TT.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2007, 11:29:20 PM »
Get over? psst you must go NOE otd then dive bomb them from 1500ft its much more fun! then when people try to dive in and kill you the whack right into the ground!:rofl
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2007, 11:29:27 PM »
I prefer the Stuka...one big bomb.  It worked on CarlsBee tonight
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2007, 11:57:22 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
But exploiting a bug is considered cheating in virtually all MMO's on the market.  Anytime a player uses a bug to gain an unfair advantage over another player is considered Exploiting and as I just mentioned, a violation of the Terms of Service for virtually all MMO's.

How is this act an unfair advantage for the guy hiding in the windmill?  By exploiting the bug that allows him to clip into the windmill prevent others from being able to hit him while he can fire at will with little or no threat of being hit by retun fire.

Had that screenshot been taken in the MMO game I work with and a GM was able to witness the violation, that player would have been given an automatic 3 day vacation from the game while we review his account for termination.  

ack-ack

Exactly it's cheating like it or not..
"strafing"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2007, 12:46:06 AM »
All hacking is cheating. Not all cheating is hacking.

The wording does matter.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline AApache

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2007, 10:55:14 AM »
Amen Carlsbee:lol
"WE WEREN'T ASSIGNED WE WERE REQUESTED"....Lt.Col.Benjamin O. Davis of the Tuskegee Airmen 

https://youtu.be/B2sDNT91Rzw

https://youtu.be/KaufhZv84Gk

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »
Originally posted by AApache
Amen Carlsbee:lol

This is why I called it "lame" not cheating and not a hack. It's unfair to catagorize all GVers as lame but as you can see there is a fundemental difference in mindset between the "old guard" which is also more core to the aviation aspects and the newer "quake oriented" element which "games the game"...either on the scoring side or the GV side or where ever they can find an advantage. unfortuneatly its simply a reflection that we as a society are getting lamer:( ........

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2007, 01:27:45 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
It's a shame that the title of your thread paints all GVs with such a broad brush.  

I agree. But I also agree exploiting glitches is lame. Humble, GV with the right people & it's better. I had several Tigers shot out from under me today, the Tiger kicking my but knew something was fishy but it wasn't his fault, he didn't try to use a glitch his Tiger was just unkillable for some odd reason. Wasn't his fault or mine (or the other guys he killed lol), we had a little chat & ended with a good times:aok

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2007, 08:23:24 PM »
All in all I've had a blast GVing, but when your embarrassed by the guys on your own side you have a problem...I've literally seen 3 knights in the V23 windmill:)....if you happen to draw the "kelvar" GV thats a random part of the game....sooner or later you'll get the "golden BB magnet" as well.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2007, 08:48:49 PM »
If you see your own guys doing something like that, PM an enemy guy they are blasting & mark them for a bomb run. If they like to cheat they shouldn't mind someone slapping a coat of justice onto them. That's just my opinion but there it is.

Offline sgt203

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2007, 04:30:41 AM »
Havent used the "windmill bug" nor will I...

If you put yourself in a position where you cannot be killed by enemy tanks due to using a known bug, but can still fire and kill them you are "exploiting" a known bug.

Knowing that it is a bug, meaning was not the intent of the programmers for it to be there, then using it to your advantage is gaining an unfair advantage over other players that was not intended.

Hence you may not be "cheating" by the technical term however your are playing the game not as intended and IMHO thata is cheating...

Havent been in TT in a while but I will smoke the first person I see in a windmill and let it be known where he is...

Camp away at TT for at least someone has a chance to up and kill you... sit in a windmill the other players have no chance and is unfair...

No im not the fun police but if you think its fun killing people in this manner think of how much fun I may have seeing you be killed..

Its your 14.95 play as you like, however I will also....