Author Topic: Conflict Seen in Game Objective  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Its_a_game

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Conflict Seen in Game Objective
« on: April 20, 2007, 08:24:49 PM »
I have been seeing a lot of complaining about players trying to take bases.  Complainers say "its a waste of time", "its going to reset anyway", "you should only dogfight."   I am a new player and I thought DA was for that?

Why did the HTC programmers create a feature to take bases?  Why did they create Bombers? or GV's?  Why not create a screnario to just a take off, dogfight, then land?

I fear the only vocal players on the forum will say, game is meant for dogfighting only. However, I see quite a number of players organizing to take bases.  

High Tech Creations may have wasted too much programming time on bombers, GV's, town etc..

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 08:26:23 PM »
There's a lot of folks who do a lot of different things in the game.  Find what you like doing, have fun doing it and don't worry about the rest. :)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 08:27:56 PM »
The sun is shining brightly, put on your shades, Its_a_game!!!

Originally posted by Pyro

09-18-1999 02:10 AM

The game is about aerial combat and that takes precedence to everything else. There will be tanks and such in the game but they won't ever be the main focus.

Vehicles will be useful for harrassing the enemy and capturing bases. There will be a lot more vehicle bases scattered around the terrain than airfields, so the travel distances won't be a huge factor.

But the gist of the message is that yes, we'll be putting more into this game than airplanes but our focus of the game is still aerial combat.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Its_a_game

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:53:57 PM »
But the gist of the message is that yes, we'll be putting more into this game than airplanes but our focus of the game is still aerial combat.

The conflict in this game appears to emanate from the HTC itself?  I am astounded that PYRO made this comment when the country that conquerors the most fields gets a message "YOU HAVE WON THE WAR."  

Is the focus of the game aerial combat?  Or is the focus of the game to "WIN THE WAR?"  

I know there are players that don't care about winning the war?  But are there players that ONLY care about capturing bases and winning the war?  

If the emphasis is on aerial combat only, then Winning the War does NOT matter.  

I wish they would take a survey on this issue.  "Which do you prefer, dogfighting or conqueroring bases."  

Anyway to get PYRO to chime in this?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Conflict Seen in Game Objective
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 08:54:23 PM »
Originally posted by Its_a_game
I have been seeing a lot of complaining about players trying to take bases.  Complainers say "its a waste of time", "its going to reset anyway", "you should only dogfight."   I am a new player and I thought DA was for that?

Why did the HTC programmers create a feature to take bases?  Why did they create Bombers? or GV's?  Why not create a screnario to just a take off, dogfight, then land?

I fear the only vocal players on the forum will say, game is meant for dogfighting only. However, I see quite a number of players organizing to take bases.  

High Tech Creations may have wasted too much programming time on bombers, GV's, town etc..

Sure thing shades.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 09:03:09 PM »
This is a shady game isn't it:cool:

Guy comes in with a name Its a game?

Knows about Pyro and HTC staff please...
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Conflict Seen in Game Objective
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 09:03:54 PM »

From the whine about the AKs switching sides (more recently, not all the whining from AH1)

AK's made a Mistake. Period
The action taken by the AK's was unacceptable and many players recognized it.

Aces High maintained an "unwritten rule of fair play by the players." This has changed quite a bit over the past 2-3 years.

I'm confused. Have you been playing for years, or are you new?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Re: Conflict Seen in Game Objective
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire

I'm confused. Have you been playing for years, or are you new?

New is only his current shady incarnation. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 09:08:18 PM »
I used to go to a school called Incarnation at was a private school wasn't that much fun kinda stricked :lol
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Its_a_game

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:28 PM »
Yea, I played about 3 years ago, but this is not the same game.  Its 100% different.  I am lost in the arenas of confusion, arguing on country channel and between countries, squad flipping weekly and comments like the guy who asked me, "am I new."  Lots of these guys are looking for an argument at all levels.   I am new to this new playing method.  What happened over the past 3 years?

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:44 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
I used to go to a school called Incarnation at was a private school wasn't that much fun kinda stricked :lol

At least you weren't incarcerated and incommunicado at Incarnation.  :noid
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Flint

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
You just got to ask yourself one question. Why did I choose this game.

I've looked around, for the slight glimpse of what it might have been like HTC delivers, nothng else comes anywhere near close.

but i mean it though

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 09:15:35 PM »
lmao!:rofl

BTW WOOOOT POST NUMBER 1000!
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Its_a_game

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »
Would be interesting to see how players would vote:

I play Aces High :

1.  Air Combat - Dogfighting Simulation
  2.  War combat with goal of winning map

I primarily choose:

1. Fighter planes
   2. Bombers
   3. GV's

HTC may have some of these Stats.  Would be interesting to see the results.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »
Originally posted by hitech

Some play the game to fulfill the actual parameters that it was designed for, which is to overcome and conquer bases, and eventually the country, thus winning the war/game.

This is a false assumption.

The game was designed to have fun at different types of combat. Conquering bases is just a means to promote combat and hence fun. But by no means is it more or less justified than going out and just mixing it up.

HiTech

It's all about creating the environment.  Dogfights in WWII didn't just up and happen for the hell of it.  One force attacking a stretigic target was intercepted by defenders.  So we have stretigic targets.  We have bombers and fighters to attack them.  We have a strat and 'war' system that effect gameplay...otherwise the game would grow stale for others too quickly (shelf life as HT puts it).  The ground war...that's a tradition preceeding AH.  If there was a way for players to land and spawn camp an airfield, they will do it...answer, the flak.  But players were willing to drive an hour to spawn camp with flaks.  Answer...the tank.  And yet another aspect to the game to keep players immersed.

Simple, end of story.