Author Topic: Poll: Old VS New  (Read 2389 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Poll: Old VS New
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2007, 10:14:23 AM »
Originally posted by BlauK
Old, quite obviously.
Good to know that they are working on it :)

I hope they keep working on it.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2007, 10:40:13 AM »
Citabria do we really need one thread per day from you ?

I voted new because I hate your eyes.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2007, 10:46:53 AM »
Originally posted by Bruv119
lol skyrock.  we will have to go to the DA sometime if i can fit it in between a stuka strat run or vulching 20 ppl on the runway in my temp.....

Fester's screen shot of new looks nothing like what my screen shows it as tis all.  I would post a screenie but i'm stuck at work.

I will gladly train you in the DA sir, but you still haven't answered my underlying question.......Do you base capture in arenas other than the LW's???    It is a yes or no question!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »
Straffo,
it is quite natural that people keep on voicing their concerns until they hear that something will be done to a problem. It does not help anyone else that you dont feel it as a problem, does it?

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2007, 12:33:52 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
Citabria do we really need one thread per day from you ?

I voted new because I hate your eyes.

the poll said vote for which textures you prefer. besides remember it is just a poll of public opinion.

HTC can ignore it if they choose but if they do you will keep seeing threads from me every day on it.

I don't know if you or they see the danger of what has happened in that people are deciding to log off rather than endure this terrain style darkness and lack of depth perception and eyestrain. I am waving the perverbial bridge out ahead flag I just hope HTC can see it in all this darkness.

its kinda funny that many logged off even in the old version or switched arenas when sunrise and sunset began. now the darkness is so dark that there is no escape from it and it gets even worse at sunrise and sunset.

I stopped playing Aces High entirely if that says anything and I love this game.

I have devoted all my free flying time to building a new main arena as a contingency for myself if HTC decides they like the darkness.
that way I will have one arena with a simulation of a bright sun lighting the ground with good light enjoyable views and as much detail as I can pack into the textures. so then when this one arena come up in rotation I will be able to play on it until its gone then I will log off if indeed HTC decides the current textures will remain.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline jpeg

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.steveo.us
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2007, 12:41:22 PM »
I voted old.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2007, 12:58:51 PM »
Originally posted by VWE
HTC doesn't water the grass at the office so they thought they'd at least make the attempt online...  so Fester, when are you going to create your own sim so you don't have to spend your time here stirin the pot?

don't worry too much VWE. I have not the abilty, time nor talent to create a sim this great. only thing I could do is add some nice artwork to it but the more I think about it even with creating a whole new arena with textures I find acceptable that arena would still be in play only about 5-10% of the time since it would be in rotation with the other 90% of the arenas with dark terrains.

I am still holding on hoping for change even though I have stopped playing the game I am trying to make my concerns heard. I have heard talk from others that improvments will be made but I am waiting to see drastic corrections made by HTC to the terrain textures that will make it again playable and enjoyable to look at and easy on the eyes.

however If things remain as they are you shouldn't have to deal with my antics much longer.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »
Old......
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2007, 02:03:22 PM »
OLD........by far has better depth.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2007, 02:05:53 PM »
Originally posted by Citabria
its pretty simple to fix the grass...

copy.. paste

then correct the rest of it to match the grass. thats what needs to be done plain and simple.

I don't know if you would call it arrogance but there is a certain amount of audacity in taking years of tweaking the terrain textures from extreme darkness to just the right amount of lightness possible and avoiding eyestrain completely and throwing it in the trashcan then adding hastily constructed replacements and then telling customers their monitors are not calibrated right and to adjust their settings.

its pretty dangerous territory to tread in telling 75% of your customers the problem is on their end.

personally I respond to that by building an entire Main Arena just to avoid flying in the new version darkness if they decide not to fix it entirely.

I think most who find it intollerable will just cancel their subscriptions

Voted Old

My monitor is calibrated correctly and have updated my drivers and still think as fantastic as the new looks from thje ground it looses that magnificance once airborn.
Its like the light is either comming from all directions so its hard to make out terrain features. Or its all way too dark as if there is hardly any light at all, depending on what time of day its supposed to be.
Depth perception is way off
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2007, 06:15:12 PM »
Originally posted by BlauK
Straffo,
it is quite natural that people keep on voicing their concerns until they hear that something will be done to a problem. It does not help anyone else that you dont feel it as a problem, does it?

I certainly agree but I think it will be counter productive if it happen too much.

Originally posted by Citabria
the poll said vote for which textures you prefer. besides remember it is just a poll of public opinion.

HTC can ignore it if they choose but if they do you will keep seeing threads from me every day on it.

I don't know if you or they see the danger of what has happened in that people are deciding to log off rather than endure this terrain style darkness and lack of depth perception and eyestrain. I am waving the perverbial bridge out ahead flag I just hope HTC can see it in all this darkness.

its kinda funny that many logged off even in the old version or switched arenas when sunrise and sunset began. now the darkness is so dark that there is no escape from it and it gets even worse at sunrise and sunset.

I stopped playing Aces High entirely if that says anything and I love this game.

I have devoted all my free flying time to building a new main arena as a contingency for myself if HTC decides they like the darkness.
that way I will have one arena with a simulation of a bright sun lighting the ground with good light enjoyable views and as much detail as I can pack into the textures. so then when this one arena come up in rotation I will be able to play on it until its gone then I will log off if indeed HTC decides the current textures will remain.

I can understand your position as I had the very same for AH since 99 but for the opposite reason.

For a reason I can't explain the current texture look a lot more to what I see all days from my window than the previous one.

To resume : before I had to setup a custom gamma for AH ( I even had to ask for help for the only texture I made)
Now I've nothing to do, I use the same correction fpr AH and desktop.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2007, 06:20:02 PM »
Personally I think if they could find a way to somehow combine both the old and the new.
They would really have something special
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline devil956

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2007, 06:29:03 PM »
Old