Author Topic: is this considered cheating?  (Read 2981 times)

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
is this considered cheating?
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2007, 03:38:15 PM »
Originally posted by Dm6
What is the definition of cheating? Who's Definition are we going to use? Has HTC posted a definition of what they consider cheating?

well the dictionary defines cheating as:gain unfair advantage by deception or breaking rules.And i agree with that the person in the windmill is cheating.The only was to kill him if to bomb him,but if you dont have ords at the TT base,you would have to drive all the was from the TT V-base just to kill one guy.The person in the windmill has a 360 look around him,most of the time you dont see the person in the windmill unless you see the tracer rounds.It's unfair to the ones being camped,they cant shoot back at him,they will hit the windmill it self.even people on the same team as the person in thw windmill give the them up,saying on 200 so and so is in the windmill bhind the rooks spawn.And it's sad that some one has to steep down that low just to get a few kills,some people do it all the time some people do it only once.And i know people have said that they have film of the people in the windmillls,if you just look on the bords you will see the person in the windmill.

~VansCrew~
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2007, 03:41:41 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
you will see the person in the windmill

All sorts of things one could do with that one.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2007, 03:45:49 PM »
But But But... is it really a "Bug" or a "Feature"???  LOL

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2007, 03:52:05 PM »
Them thar jermans were krafty so id be not surprised if they had developed a windmill bunkar that coulda fitted a tank in em. Could be won of them jerman winmill bunkars fer shure.

harr..

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2007, 03:52:08 PM »
Originally posted by Hap
All sorts of things one could do with that one.

lol
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline jtdragon

• Copper Member
spawn campers
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2007, 04:04:45 PM »
Sorry guy's but the way TT is set up you are spawn camping as soon as you spawn and if I can get in the wind mill I will. all it takes to get the out is a load of 1000 lbs from a B26.
JT

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
Re: spawn campers
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2007, 04:09:16 PM »
Originally posted by jtdragon
all it takes to get the out is a load of 1000 lbs from a B26.

true but what if ord's are down at your airbase,and rooks always hord over TT because the get killed on their spawn the cry :cry :cry on 200 then they come to bomb you.26 over TT you will be swormed :).
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Dm6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2007, 04:20:44 PM »
The big problem I see is that ATC is not willing to ban someone for it. So ther is no way they are going to say its cheating because a lot of poeple would already be banned. My point is we  have at least two differant definitions of cheating.

I dont like leaving the deep structure of comunication just hanging in the the balance of a definition.

I have no problem stating that I beleive it is WRONG .. and you wont catch me in there. I dont care what definition you use. . A game comes with the pre supposition that it is balanced and fair.  

I will PLAY Fair and Balanced HTC'S political problems don't concern me.

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2007, 04:47:52 PM »
Originally posted by Dm6
The big problem I see is that ATC is not willing to ban someone for it.

Damned ATC, they are always telling me what to do, where to fly, how high I can fly, where I can and cannot go. Down with the ATC!

-Sp0t

Offline Dm6

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2007, 04:58:24 PM »
Let me clarify for you BBBB. ITS a problem in relationship to the definition of cheating that vans quoted. Therefore  two differant definitions of cheating.

I would ask you" Please Don't sound bite my post and then try to reframe what I said".  

I stated no disrespect to HTC.

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2007, 05:06:07 PM »
Originally posted by Dm6
Let me clarify for you BBBB. ITS a problem in relationship to the definition of cheating that vans quoted. Therefore  two differant definitions of cheating.

I would ask you" Please Don't sound bite my post and then try to reframe what I said".  

I stated no disrespect to HTC.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2007, 05:06:41 PM »
Put away the dictionaries...

If HTC states, scolds, kicks, or bans anyone trying this "glitch" out... then it would be considered "Not Allowed".  

The question is not whether it's cheating or not, it's whether HTC would allow it to play, just like in a court room...

Yes it is a glitch that HTC should fix... that's fine - Give them time.

But is it lame?  Yes.  Is it annoying?  Sure is...  It may even seem genius to some.  In Aces High, I would consider it lame and would never even use this glitch in the game.  However, there may be other games I would use such a glitch in, because of the circumstances and the situation.

Aces High II is a respectable community filled mostly with mature players, regardless of age.  I would like to keep it this way.
Mak

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2007, 05:08:31 PM »
Originally posted by Dm6
The big problem I see is that ATC is not willing to ban someone for it. So ther is no way they are going to say its cheating because a lot of poeple would already be banned. My point is we  have at least two differant definitions of cheating.

I dont like leaving the deep structure of comunication just hanging in the the balance of a definition.

I have no problem stating that I beleive it is WRONG .. and you wont catch me in there. I dont care what definition you use. . A game comes with the pre supposition that it is balanced and fair.  

I will PLAY Fair and Balanced HTC'S political problems don't concern me.

not ban someone more like take their kills off of the overall kills to death in a GV somthing along that line.or at the most lock the account for a week not a permant ban but somthing to discurage some one form keep doing it,or start doing it.

~VansCrew~
Tour 79

"The Ringer"

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2007, 05:10:09 PM »
Originally posted by VansCrew1
not ban someone more like take their kills off of the overall kills to death in a GV somthing along that line.or at the most lock the account for a week not a permant ban but somthing to discurage some one form keep doing it,or start doing it.

~VansCrew~

Why don't we just take away the windmill?  No more windmill, no more bickering!
Mak

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2007, 05:20:18 PM »
their going to fix the problem,but people were crying over 200 i just want to see what other people think about it.

~VansCrew~

P.S windmills save enegy,with out the windmilld HTC would not be able to afford gas for for all the fighters. :aok  :aok
Tour 79

"The Ringer"