Author Topic: a memorable encounter  (Read 446 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
a memorable encounter
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 03:18:31 PM »
if she were super-model material would the story have ended differently? :)

nice going
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
a memorable encounter
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 03:20:29 PM »
Originally posted by Maverick
Indy,

Look at this web sit. They show several kinds of Medic Alert bracelets.
http://www.americanmedical-id.com/marketplace/detailscategory.php?catid=1048027492&fromsearchengine=google-medic_alert_bracelet&source=0D1002&gclid=CNHBq_yQ3osCFR1hgQodRxSsbA

If anyone has a condition such as diabetes, insect allergies, food allergies or any other kind of condition that can render you incapable of helping in your own treatment you would be advised to get one of these things with proper info from your Doctor.

Thanks Mav.  Turns out I actually have seen one before, but it was on my 90 y/o+ great grand mother, a decade ago. These newer ones (and the watches) look pretty hard to miss now that I know what I'm looking for in an emergency.

And for some reason this story reminds me of the Adam Sandler movie... 50 first dates or something like that... where at the end, the girl wakes up every morning and watches a DVD of her life since she loses her memory overnight. Freaky stuff. Sounds like the woman Gun helped has a really good guy for a husband.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:23:36 PM by indy007 »

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
a memorable encounter
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »
thanks again, im a bit uncomfortable with the attention since it really was not such a big deal... i was just at the right place at the right time to help. any ofyou who saw the lost look on her face would have asked questions too.  i only wanted to share it because it really impacted me (now i can go back to being the same old crank on this BB :) )

Yes, Indy, her husband seemed like a really good guy, definately the right kind of guy for her.  he was very kind and gentle and patient with her.  

Eagler, i know you're pulling my chain about  "what if the woman looked like a supermodel?"    but a couple of my associates that i have told about this have asked me right off the bat, "Was she good looking?"  I just tell them,  "what the hell do you want to know that for, you pervert?"   ;)
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
a memorable encounter
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 05:05:50 PM »
Gunthr.... <>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
a memorable encounter
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 06:39:18 PM »
<> that is really kind and decent of you. amazing story and glad to hear it had a happy ending.

it sure would choke me up a bit.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Re: a memorable encounter
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 06:50:47 PM »
Originally posted by Gunthr
  i thought some would find this interesting.

You were right.
Hits pretty close to home for me.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------