Author Topic: Heavy Corsairs and CV take Offs  (Read 450 times)

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
Heavy Corsairs and CV take Offs
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:08:25 PM »
Anyone wishing to learn how to take off a heavy, fully loaded Corsair from
a CV...and land it upon the CV...I will be pleased to assist. I generally fly West Coast USA early mornings...0800-1000.

If you'd like to meet in the Training Arena...just let me know.

You should understand that I am not an AH Trainer, nor am I an extraordinary pilot. I am just an average AH pilot. I cannot help you with controller set-ups, or VOX problems. I can help you to learn how to fly a heavy Corsair off of the deck of a CV.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline TracerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 03:16:28 PM »
I can usually get my Heavy Corsair off the deck of a CV.  The problem is keeping it out of the water!  :D

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »
Modesty!

Don't let him fool ya!

Patches is far above the average AH pilot.

Salutes to you sir!
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 06:38:02 PM »
2x flaps. lift up a flap like 1/2 a second before u get off the CV, then when ur in air, lift the other flaps up.:aok

P.S. if you really wanna have fun, lower your hook before take off, and add a bit of throttle, like 3x. trust me, you will be SUPRISED:eek: :lol

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline DweebFire

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 07:38:03 PM »
i feel the landing and takeoffs are super ultra forgiving here... no bounce, no nosing over on CV's .. but hey the game is arcadish and is fun! but give IL-2 a try and taking off and landing will feel impossible :D

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 03:34:10 AM »
Just do it the historic way Patches. Simple and reliable.

* A fully loaded Corsair, 100% fuel, rockets, and 2k worth of bombs.

* Engage flaps to "full" - bring it all down from the start.

* Apply throttle and go to WEP.

* As soon as plane leaves deck, raise gears

* Slight stick movements to keep the plane level

* When gained enough speed to stay level, slowly retract flaps one by one, so the Corsair doesn't lose altitude as flaps are retracted one level at a time and starts gaining more speed.

* After the flaps are all retracted, your Corsair still flying level, airspeed slowly reaching near 200mph.. you are all set to go!

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:38:58 PM »
Thanks, Gents! All!

I was just posting this because I had heard some new folks in the arnea having some difficulties with the Corsair on CVs.

I posted in response to those questions. I am available to help if Folks want it...if not...no worries.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 03:08:29 PM »
patches...  Nice to see someone offering to help us new people.  I still consider myself new and I have been playing since November.

Don't forget to show them how to back up.  I couldn't take off an empty F4U until I learned you could back up.  Now, I can take off with all ords and a full fuel tank.  It is difficult, but doable if you practice.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline SgtPappy

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »
lol yes! backing up was fun.

put down your flaps all the way (doesn't have to be all the way, but it seems to work better in my opinion), and put up throttle just by the smallest amount until your plane starts to move backwards. Oh, but don't try it with your hook down. backing up, obviously gives you more space on which to take off.
I am a Spitdweeb

"Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of earth... Put out my hand and touched the face of God." -J.G. Magee Jr.

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 05:18:14 PM »
I never back up. I take off from the spawn point fully loaded.