Author Topic: New sky: Nice work HT  (Read 511 times)

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
New sky: Nice work HT
« on: April 30, 2007, 06:05:52 AM »
This may have been said already, but after looking at a few screenies I posted in the relevant section today I realised just how good the new sky looks.

These pics are from a little fighter sweep lastnight:

My computer is rather low-end (integrated video card and only 512 mg ram :rofl)  and it looks great.

While this a useless thread, some positive feedback after lots of hard work is always good to receive.

So, in short, nice work HT  :aok

Cheers lads

Regards

-Arch
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 06:11:12 AM »
And just for a point of reference.

The old sky:

Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline Martyn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 12:36:05 PM »
...and on a positive note - I like what they did in this latest patch. The terrain and the look'n'feel of AH is improving well. The trees are pretty good too - much better than the previous versions.

Smoke has improved nicely.
Here we are, living on top of a molten ball of rock, spinning around at a 1,000mph, orbiting a nuclear fireball and whizzing through space at half-a-million miles per hour. Most of us believe in super-beings which for some reason need to be praised for setting this up. This, apparently, is normal.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 12:40:20 PM »
Which smoke? Smoke from planes still has the nasty habit of disappearing if there's more than one trail of it. Same for fireball trails, only 1 shows up, if that... If you have more than one there is a 100% chance only the latest will show up, and even then it may cut out as well.

That's how it's been for me since this game introduced flame trails.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 01:18:39 PM »
Are lavender skies really common where you guys live? It's a pleasing color, certainly... but it sure isn't what I see when I look up.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline TEShaw

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 02:03:51 PM »
If you see lavender sky, can the PURPLE RAIN be far behind?

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »
I like the new sky and terrain. They have that IL-2 feel to em. Easy to jump back and forth between games.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 02:52:05 PM »
LOL Teshaw..I was thinkin the same thing!  I like the sky, it was starting to head in a direction too much like the dark skies of WW2OL before. Im glad they are back on track.

~AoM~

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 03:57:23 PM »
So which is it Xasthur?

You start one thread complimenting HTC on the sky, while complaining you don't like the sky in another?

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 12:33:28 PM »
Originally posted by SKurj
So which is it Xasthur?

You start one thread complimenting HTC on the sky, while complaining you don't like the sky in another?

No complaining here.

I said it was a little smokey (and also said it wasn't a whine, just an observation). This also isn't a gripe about the sky itself either, it's just about the smoke haze.

The actual sky and terrain look really good with the new patch, it's just the smoke between that get's a little too thick sometimes.
Raw Prawns
Australia

Offline devild0g

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2007, 05:37:15 PM »
ROFLMAO YEAH I JUST FOUND A VID I MADE OF ME DISSING OFF VERSION 1 PATCH gota find a way 2 post it... dunno how 2 post vids

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2007, 06:47:57 PM »
Originally posted by Dux
Are lavender skies really common where you guys live? It's a pleasing color, certainly... but it sure isn't what I see when I look up.

looks like someone responsible for arena settings never take off his red tinted sun glasses :t

or mby they work so much and never look how sky looks like?
can someone post references for them?:D