Author Topic: Scoring question on making kills  (Read 723 times)

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
Scoring question on making kills
« on: May 06, 2007, 06:32:23 AM »
Hello all - relatively new to Aces High so a pertinent question. Why is it when I have a successful air combat with maybe several kills and then make a good landing at the correct base - all in one piece - the system does not register this? I spend my day looking at the stream of kills being posted - go out most times and get my butt shot off and when I DO make a kill it goes unrecorded?
Another point - when after scoring kills and perhaps landing with damage, wheels up for instance, the system STILL does not report these kills?
It worked in the Second world War so why not here?
:confused:

Offline Gaidin

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 06:35:48 AM »
You only get a system message when you land on concrete at a friendly base and are carrying more than 1 kill.  The system only registers multiple kills in the text bar.  Your kills count if you only land one, (look at your score) but you will only get the text message, soanso landed # kills in yadayada plane for yadayada squad, when you have 2 or more kills.
Death is but a doorway to life, only those who fear life fear its opening.

Ingame: 68Gaidin

Proud Member of the CM Team
FSO - Admin

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 06:40:28 AM »
Hello Gaidin and thanks for the reply. I usually make the concrete and stay on it! I brake the aircraft to a standstill and cut the engine and then exit the sortie. At this point on more than one occassion I have three kills under the belt - but still no report of it. Is this just the way it works? It seems so random when I do exactly the same thing and the system DOES report the kills......

Cheers,
David

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 06:50:35 AM »
David, this seems very odd. I have never had any trouble with kills not being reported when I have landed on concrete at a friendly base. As a matter of fact, i've actually landed a couple in the middle of Vehicle bases in aircraft that were on fire and still had a kill report come up. (this is a bug though and happens from time to time)

I know this might sound stupid, but trying going to F3 view before you end sortie and make sure that your entire aircraft is on the runway.

(You can land anywhere as long as it's concrete, but let's just stick with the runway for now)

It doesn't matter what condition your aircraft is in, rubber side down or whatever... as long as you're alive and your aircraft is on the concrete, it's a 'successfull' landing.

If this does not solve your problem, hit Alt + R to start recording a film. Land and if the kills do not show up, press Alt + R again to stop recording, go to your HTC folder - > Films and get the film and post it here for HTC or us to have a look at.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 06:52:21 AM »
The system never failed to announce the correct number of my kills to the masses, and never heard about such a thing. Maybe you did count assists too? Did you get the "System: You shot down XXX #3" message on your last kill before landing?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 07:00:42 AM »
Hello all and thanks for the interest here! I took great care to keep the aircraft on the concrete - even to the extent after wavering about on landing a spit (which I find tricky to keep in a straight line due to the small spread on the undercart) I taxi back off the grass onto the concrete, and then shut down. I know that I can get asists on immediate demise of the opponent and that this will get no further acknowledgements from the system on landing.

I kiled three liberators last week, landed with a big smile and got zilch reported - frustrating! The score DOES go up though when I check the sortie after exit.

curious......

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 07:00:43 AM »
when you exit on the "RUNWAY" your not hitting "Enter" 3 times are you?  If you are that's a bail mate....no kills landed.

I have never heard of anyone not having kills recorded on landing.  The correct way to exit the plane is "End sortie" on clipboard or typing dot EF------->  .ef

P.s whats your in game name so we can check all scores ?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:03:59 AM by LYNX »

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 07:07:25 AM »
Hello - no I follow the correct procedure and Exit Sortie as prescribed.
I use bail out often enough to know the difference....:D

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 07:08:37 AM »
Hello - game name is SCOT100

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 07:12:20 AM »
And Lusche - you bear a pssing resemblance to a pointed toothed chap who likes to drink Bloody Mary -Nosferatu...!:O

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 07:39:10 AM »
Yes indeed very odd.  As has been suggested film your sortie with ALT R get ya kills and land.  End film with ALT R again then exit game and go to films in HTC folder in C, programs, HTC.  Send that film to Hitech support with a write up of the problem.

Sorry can't be of any great help here.

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 07:42:38 AM »
OK - will get a fim of all relevant flights and fights and when problem pops up will post for analysis - many thanks to all for the suggestions.
Best wishes,
David

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 08:43:15 AM »
Originally posted by pictolrac
And Lusche - you bear a pssing resemblance to a pointed toothed chap who likes to drink Bloody Mary -Nosferatu...!:O

Nosferatu is such a great film. I studied it in school and loved it more every time I saw it.

Brilliant.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 08:49:31 AM »
picto -- do you get a "you have landed," "you have ditched," "you have been captured" type message at all?

As I recall, the sequence of system messages goes from "you have landed successsfully" and then the general announcement "XXX has landed 437 kills in an La-7 of No I Never Vulch Anyone Squadron"
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline pictolrac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 08:55:25 AM »
Hello - I always get the "you have landed successfully" bit but no report of kills.

Cheers,
DC