Author Topic: Calibration  (Read 324 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Calibration
« on: May 10, 2007, 03:50:55 AM »
I know this is an easy one but can someone tell me how to set my stick so that it is less sensitive in the early part of travel i.e. more stick movememnt = less movement in the game during the first 20-30 %. If someone can hint how the best set up is achived as particularly with guns on Bombers and GVS I am not able to aim precisely as the gun movement in the game is too large as if you can have 1 or 2 but not 1.5 etc.

Hope this is clear :D
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Calibration
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:41:29 AM »

Instead of no scaling, which is what you'll have unless you enabled scaleing in advanced. Or default scaling, which is a straight stairstep low left to high right.

Try like the picture above, using a low curve. This "should" get you more fine control in the center but full control farther out. More so for pitch than Roll.

If your flying with the twisty stick the only thing I'd do with the rudder is increase deadband. So you have to twist a bit farther to activate it.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Calibration
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:08:21 AM »
Thanks, it always amases me that in this enviroment as opposed to in life in general how willing people are to help each other:)
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline hammer

• Gold Member
      • netAces
Calibration
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »
Yarbles,

A pretty detailed explanation of what changing the scaling does can be found on the trainers's site Setting Up Controllers page.

Regards,

Hammer
Hammer

JG11
(Temporarily Retired)