Author Topic: VF-17 - New Chapter  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
VF-17 - New Chapter
« on: May 12, 2007, 02:24:07 PM »
Hello all,

As some of you noticed, Reschke has left Aces High temporarily.  Oh, he might claim that it's more than just temporary, but we all know how that goes :D

Anyway, he was going to shut down the doors on VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers" unless someone else wanted to take over.

The thought of a Corsair squadron that's been in Aces High since 2002 shutting down was troubling to me, especially considering how famous the squadron was in real life.  Taken together with the fact that "The Jolly Rogers" is just about the best name a Corsair squadron can have, and I couldn't let it die.  Therefore, I agreed to take the reigns while Reschke comes to his senses :)

Now, I'm not sure how VF-17 used to run, and if some of its current members take issue with my ideas, I'd be willing to compromise, but I envision a few things for this squadron.

I'd like it to be a relaxed, fun atmosphere where people are free to fly what they want, when they want, where they want.  I'd like it to be a squad that continues to boast members that are respected amongst the community, and deserving of that respect.  These are the two most important things to me.

With that said, I am opening the recruiting doors, but am looking for a few things in prospective members.

I'd like prospective members to at least have an interest in the Corsair.  I don't care if you also fly Spitfires, La7's, or Nikis, but it would strike me as odd if you wanted to be in a historical Corsair squad yet hated the bird.  If you like it, you'll be in it some of your time, and that's good enough for me.

I'd like prospective members to be agreeable to switching countries often.  HTC has given us a powerful tool to help balance the arenas with the one hour time limit for switching countries, and we should use it to go to the side that has less people.  If you don't want to change, that's ok, so long as you aren't upset when your CO shoots you down ;)

If you're ok with those two things, and have an amicable attitude, by all means come fly with us.  I do not care how old you are, how skilled you are, or anything like that, so long as you're a nice enough person.

If you're interested in flying the Corsair, but can't get the hang of it, I'd be more than happy to take some time with you in the TA or DA and show you a few tricks.  I'm by no means a great pilot, but I feel I have a strong enough command of the bird to at least get you to the point where you can have a fun time in it and land some kills.

Well, I guess that would be about that.  If anyone is interested, let me know, and if any of your friends are interested in the Corsair, feel free to direct them to this thread.

Thanks, and !
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 03:57:16 PM »
and Happy hunting!  May the tradition live on in good hands.

~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Bolo6

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Corsair Squad
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 03:00:25 AM »
Hello,

I would like to fly with you guys. My favorite bird is the Corsair, but I am far from a master at it. I do know however that (in my humble opinion) it is the best fighter in the game.  I am currently in a squad whose orientation is base taking, and they only fly Knight. I am looking for something a little more fighter focused. I read in the post that you guys like to have fun and so do I. I am in the MT time zone, Alb NM. I am usually up flying between 6 and 10 pm my time,but I am free to fly at other times. Hope to hear from you.

Bolo 6-out
:noid

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:16:54 AM »
Good Luck VF-17 :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 11:26:50 AM »
I hope you all crash and burn. :t

But seriously, what did you expect us to say?? :D

Good luck! :aok

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Corsair Squad
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 01:29:45 PM »
Originally posted by Bolo6
Hello,

I would like to fly with you guys. My favorite bird is the Corsair, but I am far from a master at it. I do know however that (in my humble opinion) it is the best fighter in the game.  I am currently in a squad whose orientation is base taking, and they only fly Knight. I am looking for something a little more fighter focused. I read in the post that you guys like to have fun and so do I. I am in the MT time zone, Alb NM. I am usually up flying between 6 and 10 pm my time,but I am free to fly at other times. Hope to hear from you.

Bolo 6-out
:noid

Hey Bolo,

Well, you're more than welcome to come find me (usually in a LW arena) and wing up for a few Corsair runs.  At the moment, I appear to be the only active member of this squad :( but you have to start somewhere!

Feel free to PM me and we can wing up for a few :aok

!

And Krusty - :D
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: Re: Corsair Squad
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »
:O
Originally posted by Vudak
Hey Bolo,

Well, you're more than welcome to come find me (usually in a LW arena) and wing up for a few Corsair runs.  At the moment, I appear to be the only active member of this squad :( but you have to start somewhere!

Feel free to PM me and we can wing up for a few :aok

!

And Krusty - :D
:O What the heck happened to the squadron?  They cut and run like dems, just because leadership changed? :huh
Well dude, if you're ever in Knit land... *preferably as a knit* give me a holler.  I'll gladly follow you around picking off the strays. :aok
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Corsair Squad
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 02:12:49 PM »
Originally posted by Odee
:O  :O What the heck happened to the squadron?  They cut and run like dems, just because leadership changed? :huh
Well dude, if you're ever in Knit land... *preferably as a knit* give me a holler.  I'll gladly follow you around picking off the strays. :aok

Well, there's a number of people on the roster, none of whom I've run into yet, but the squad forum is a ghost town and such so who knows :)

I might just be flying at the wrong times too :noid
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Zippy41

• Copper Member
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »
May be looking soon! What country you with right now?

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 04:35:12 PM »
Good luck Vudac.:aok
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: Re: Re: Re: Corsair Squad
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 04:51:32 PM »
Originally posted by Vudak
Well, there's a number of people on the roster, none of whom I've run into yet, but the squad forum is a ghost town and such so who knows :)

I might just be flying at the wrong times too :noid
Hmmm... It has been my experience that only a few members of any squadron participate in Squad forums regular basis.  A fluke of human nature I suppose.

I imagine you have the current roster emails and sent out a Change of Command notice already.  Probably followed that up with one of those "Aight you m00ks, who flies what times... etc."  so I won't mention that here.
again sir.  There's tons of folks on the boards that will be more than willing to help you out if you give a shout. :aok
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 06:51:20 PM »
I know that Boxboy is flying but I don't know how much. SA2 has taken a leave of the game for work and Tardlo...Arlo pops in on the forum and has been saying he was going to come back for many months now. JconradH is a long time member but I haven't heard from him in a few months.

As for who the others might be send me an email with their handles I can tell you who is who and get you email addys for everyone else. I will not get that message until Thursday night after I get back from Salt Lake City.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Nightstalker

• Zinc Member
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »
I would like to join as well. I'm just a noob but I learn fast.

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »
Nightstalker,

Can you PM Vudak? If not send me a PM and I will get him the information. I am retired from AH and not active but I am helping Vudak.

Will
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline WaRLoCkL

• Nickel Member
      • http://elitebf2aces.net
VF-17 - New Chapter
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 02:57:20 AM »
Long LIVE the Jolly Rogers, all i fly is the corsair, and I have respect for anyone that can take the HOG to its true potiental. I also hope that my new squadron the 323 Deathrattlers will be welcomed with open arms also. I will be forming it at the end of the month and hopefully i can find someone to make me a skin.