Author Topic: Gun priority.  (Read 818 times)

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Gun priority.
« on: May 13, 2007, 07:08:45 AM »
For a while now i've thought something should be made of being good at CV/field gunning.

Also been annoyed by new guys sitting in 5inch clueless.

so i put them together and came up with this;

why not have a rank for field/CV gunning. and this rank would give you priority in a gun on CV/manned ack, a bit like how control of CV's works. it would actually make a point of being a good shot.

So many times i have seen a clueless bunch in our CV guns leaving the carrier to a pre-determined fait.

just a half decent idea of mine (they come rare):D

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 07:16:10 AM »
Amen. Great idea!

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 07:57:18 AM »
Rank does not = skill, besides, manned ack does not have any impact on rank.  Personally i would not like this in AH.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 11:17:24 AM »
You shouldn't need to be better than everyone else to enjoy what the game can offer. The control of CVs may require some criteria to determine to whom the authority to control it sticks to, since everyone changing the course to how they like might deter the game, but come on.. acks and guns?

How is anyone going to learn to be better in a ship gun if they don't even get a chance to try it themselves?

I don't think its a right path for AH to go down.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 11:35:20 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
Rank does not = skill, besides, manned ack does not have any impact on rank.  Personally i would not like this in AH.

Agree
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »
Originally posted by Kweassa
You shouldn't need to be better than everyone else to enjoy what the game can offer. The control of CVs may require some criteria to determine to whom the authority to control it sticks to, since everyone changing the course to how they like might deter the game, but come on.. acks and guns?

How is anyone going to learn to be better in a ship gun if they don't even get a chance to try it themselves?

Agree even more
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »
I don't think this idea would work in Aces High.  With the new players teens, squeakers or just plane new players learning how to game the game for rank and manipulating there scores this wouldn't be smart. When you have guys like furboll who is a amazing shot in the 5inch be kicked out by axer or dexter? I think would cause more of a problem in it self then fixing the old one.  But I do agree we as a community need to come up with some ideas on how to keep players "spys" from sitting in the shore battery and not shooting at the CV or players sitting in 5inch and not shooting. I think this kinda comes into the whole community needs to police its self section. :/

My 2 cents
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Gun priority.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 12:04:48 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
For a while now i've thought something should be made of being good at CV/field gunning.

Also been annoyed by new guys sitting in 5inch clueless.

so i put them together and came up with this;

why not have a rank for field/CV gunning. and this rank would give you priority in a gun on CV/manned ack, a bit like how control of CV's works. it would actually make a point of being a good shot.

So many times i have seen a clueless bunch in our CV guns leaving the carrier to a pre-determined fait.

just a half decent idea of mine (they come rare):D

Example:
so say i've been playing for 3 years and the best gunner in the game, I have a rank of 2000 and you have one of 98 and you are not good at gunning...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 12:10:08 PM »
who gives a rats arse about rank... none not be offense but i dont think this would be a good idea as a lot of amazing players are ranked in the 1000s because the speciaficly focuse on one catagory...
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »
im not talking about overall rank, just a gunning rank, so that we dont end up with all 5inchers taken by clueless folk.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »
Originally posted by Kweassa

offerring perkeis may actually encourage them more.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Gun priority.
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 12:47:53 PM »
im not talking about overall rank, just a gunning rank, so that we dont end up with all 5inchers taken by clueless folk.

Ahh, that clarifies it. >S<
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 12:48:49 PM »
Lousy idea.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MOIL

• Silver Member
      • http://www.ltar.org
Gun priority.
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 01:07:51 PM »

I wouldn't say their "clueless"  they may just be learning the ropes or trying to get better.
I'm sure there is some craft that you could hop in and seem "clueless" to someone else.

Just need more peeps to help train the newcomers (the clueless) on how to shoot, drive, fly and gun.

my 2 cents

Offline CarlsBee

• Copper Member
Gun priority.
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »
Originally posted by Husky01
(...)When you have guys like furboll who is a amazing shot in the 5inch be kicked out by axer or dexter? (...)

My 2 cents

:rofl