Author Topic: Ace  (Read 1982 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Ace
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Well, getting 5 kills in a spit is normal. Try getting them in a P-47.

What do I get, then, for landing 12 kills in a C202? I landed 16 in a C205, does that make me a Super Ace?

NO:(  Makes you a lucky vulcher
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Ace
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 02:53:25 PM »
Actually in the case of landing 12 in a 202 there was no vulching, all of it was fair. In the case of the 205 I think only 2-3 were vulched, the rest were fair.

I've done runs of 13 in a 190 before, but they were mostly all vulches :D :D :D (which is why I didn't list 'em)

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
Rank Aces
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 03:04:26 PM »
Considering how much "rank" can be gamed, I'd work for reputation instead.  Get yourself a reputation as someone who is a good stick, who will take on a dirty job now and again, and who is fun to fly with.  That matters a whole lot more than rank as far as I am concerned.

If you get yourself a reputation (as so many channel 200 mouths do) as a running, whining, cherry-picking dweeb, you can be sure that will distinguish you in the game far better than your rank does.

EagleDNY
$.02

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: Rank Aces
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 03:05:43 PM »
Originally posted by EagleDNY
Considering how much "rank" can be gamed, I'd work for reputation instead.  Get yourself a reputation as someone who is a good stick, who will take on a dirty job now and again, and who is fun to fly with.  That matters a whole lot more than rank as far as I am concerned.

If you get yourself a reputation (as so many channel 200 mouths do) as a running, whining, cherry-picking dweeb, you can be sure that will distinguish you in the game far better than your rank does.

EagleDNY
$.02

DWEEB!:cool:
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Ace
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 03:15:33 PM »
I landed 34 in a F4U1-C once without a rearm.  Those vulches were good.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Ace
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 03:19:45 PM »
Rank means squat.

No, I take that back. Rank means you game the game, fly as timidly as possible with as many wingmen as possible, run the second the enemy might be able to turn from you, and you milk-run in the EWA and MWA to get a better ranking. Then you score exclusively in "attack" mode after you die once so as not to ruin your chance at the #1 rank.

I've got a low overall rank (if you count under 100 low) and, while I'll never say never I've, for the most part, gotten it fighting in the LWA's (although I did play in MW one night helping some others with some base captures... not at undefended bases though).  I do spend about 1-2 nights per camp in EW or MW so I can get a few "fair" fights in in some EW birds.  Other than that it's all LW.  

You just have to pick your places, times and missions and do everything that's available to do in the game.  I don't consider that "gaming the game" I consider it "playing the game".
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Ace
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 03:36:21 PM »
my best is 9 killz on one sortie with some vulches, 6 killz with no vulches{landed}.both in the hurri2c.
   i don't feel rank shows the true capabilities of sticks, but if you look further into that sticks stats, then you can see were they excel or not.
    i try to fly with honor, but its hard in MA's, it seems like everyone goes for the HO, i know not everyone does, but more do then don't, so now when i start a sortie i say to myself  "avoid the HO avoid the HO avoid the HO"
  still get sucked into it sometimes.:cry

Offline EsX_Raptor

• Copper Member
Ace
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 04:28:22 PM »
INk,
In Aces High II it's easy to land a lot of kills. So I would say kill:death ratio would mostly characterize someone as an ace (giving he is not a vulcher, etc)

I feel so depressed now, I have only landed 3 kills :(

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Ace
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 04:32:37 PM »
Kill/death ratio is not a proof.Nor is the hit%.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Ace
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »
well lets see...5 killz in a spit could be very hard to depending on how you fly....A good stick with great SA, "err timidness" can land 10 killz easy in a spit or any other ftr with half decent guns and a few wingmen.  Rank is worthless to try and judge by. The so called ACES of AH are pretty well known..it takes one merge to tell if the guy is gonna kick yer *** or not, thats usually when I find out if the guy is an " ACE"

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Ace
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »
Yah, der be Ace in der game.

Dis iz 'im.

Offline Panzzer

• Gold Member
Ace
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 06:02:50 PM »
Being lucky is all it takes in this game to be an ace. I might have landed some victories in a plane, or even several times in a plane in a row, but no-one knows whether or not I've died in the process. If I met a better pilot in real life, I would most likely be dead (meaning I would be dead, since I'm nowhere near the top amongst AH-pilots).

PS. 10 kills in a 190F8, a2a, May 2004 IIRC. Dropped the bombs when I saw the first Boston formation, even some a2a fighter kills during the sortie. :rolleyes:
Panzzer - Lentorykmentti 3

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Ace
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 06:03:28 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I think it makes you a cartoon airplane superstar.

You can put the trophy right next to your Counterstrike fragmaster one.
;)

:lol  More shameless self promotion.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
Ace
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 06:18:02 PM »
Rank means squat.

No, I take that back. Rank means you game the game, fly as timidly as possible with as many wingmen as possible, run the second the enemy might be able to turn from you, and you milk-run in the EWA and MWA to get a better ranking. Then you score exclusively in "attack" mode after you die once so as not to ruin your chance at the #1 rank.

So, rank means a lot, the lower it gets, but it actually doesn't mean you're an "ace".
He burried that hook good and deep.

:lol

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Ace
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 06:25:13 PM »
It would be safe to keep track of your own stats,land 5 kills in plane "X".
  Then move on to plane "Y"
  Well atleast thats what I do.:o :o :o