Author Topic: Stoning/Honor Killing  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Re: Re: WORLD RELIGION TIME LINE
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 12:08:51 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin
So they changed it to BCE.... Before Common Era, as the term christian refers to Christ.
ahh thanx for clarifying that...  I was going on my knowledgeable partners say so.  Now that makes much more sense... Not that I agree with it, but it makes sense.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 12:32:13 PM »
They were ignorant.
====
Thats an unacceptably benign term for premeditated murder.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 12:32:45 PM »
Originally posted by Odee
Let Sharia Laws supersede our Constitution like the Islamists want....

Well, no risk of that happening in the States, but plenty Republicans on the Religious Far Right(ousness) would like to see Christian Theocracy overlaid upon the Constitution.

Don't why folks are surprised the girl was pretty.  Many of their women are, even beautiful....from what we saw early in the occupation. All through OIF-2 we noticed more and more of the females were covering themselves to protect themselves from the fundamentalists.  Iraq, oddly enough, was probably the most secular Islamic state under Saddam, but is sliding to religious fundamentalism under the auspices of a "free nation".  Surreal.

There is no cure to this way of thinking in their culture.  I still hope the western nations finally realize they need to get off the oil economy, create alternatives, and pull out of that region to leave them to their own devices.  
Without the western money, western military power, and western diplomatic efforts to try to keep the lid on the pressure cooker that is the Middle East, that whole Gulf Region will implode into warfare as everyone vies for power and control.  
The best to hope for would be for all that hatred to burn itself out in mass death and destruction.  Peace in the Middle East is only a fantasy perpetuated by western powers.  I believe it will take true horrors to break their culture out of it's violent tendencies.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 12:45:26 PM by tedrbr »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 12:36:05 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
They were ignorant.
====
Thats an unacceptably benign term for premeditated murder.

It's about the nicest thing I could post without being banned.   I agree with you though Yeager.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 12:37:18 PM »
Ignorance, that is all there is to understand. They were ignorant. - Masherbrum

I think it is more than that, Mash.  There is something bad in there.  

There is nothing bad in being ignorant.  Just being ignorant would not lead you to heartlessly torture and murder a child, let alone your own child.

None of the ignorant savages who live in any of the jungles in the world do this.  

I think you have to either go back to prehistoric times or to an insane asylum to see this (other than in the muslim religion that is)
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 12:57:28 PM »
Originally posted by Gunthr
I think it is more than that, Mash.  There is something bad in there.  

There is nothing bad in being ignorant.  Just being ignorant would not lead you to heartlessly torture and murder a child, let alone your own child.

None of the ignorant savages who live in any of the jungles in the world do this.  

I think you have to either go back to prehistoric times or to an insane asylum to see this (other than in the muslim religion that is)

It should be implied guys.   But when a "culture is still stuck in time 2,000 years ago", Ignorance would come to the forefront.   Like you said "you have to go back to prehistoric times", the problem being, they're still there.    

Again, I posted "politely".    Again, that girl was gorgeous, was only 17 and had her whole life ahead of her.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »
the problem is that religion.  Islam needs to to be put to rest, permanently.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »

_All religions_ that in some way limits normal peoples FREEDOMS should be put to rest permanently.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 01:28:57 PM »

I'd say the "Fanatics" in all Religions need to be put to rest.    I'm Catholic and have friends with other religions and get along fine.  

Heck, in 1991 when I attended Adrian College, one of my good friends was a member of the "Muhajadeen".    He had started fighting the Soviets at the age of 15 and was 26 when he started at Adrian.   He had no desire to go back to Afghanistan.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline -dead-

• Silver Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 01:29:02 PM »
Yeah like you'd never find that sort of nonsense in Xianity (well, as long as you don't read Deuteronomy or anything).

But I'm sure no one's ignorant enough to be an Xian who believes in the infallible word of god style bible in this enlightened western society.... otherwise they'd be hard up against this passage without the benefit of butter.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:=
If you have a "stubborn and rebellious son," then you and the other men in your neighborhood "shall stone him with stones that he die."
Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.

As Thomas Jefferson puts it: "The Christian God is a being of terrific character - cruel, vindictive, capricious, and unjust."
“The FBI has no hard evidence connecting Usama Bin Laden to 9/11.” --  Rex Tomb, Chief of Investigative Publicity for the FBI, June 5, 2006.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:49 PM »
Originally posted by -dead-
As Thomas Jefferson puts it: "The Christian God is a being of terrific character - cruel, vindictive, capricious, and unjust."

the christian god the jewish god and the muslim god are all the same god, the god of abraham.

but , it is not the "god", it is the men (false prophets)who claim to know "the word of god", and the people who blindly follow those false prophets.

no one knows the word of god, but many claim they do and invent stupid rules for people to live by and crazy punishments for failure to do so.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 02:16:20 PM »
Originally posted by john9001
the christian god the jewish god and the muslim god are all the same god, the god of abraham.

but , it is not the "god", it is the men (false prophets)who claim to know "the word of god", and the people who blindly follow those false prophets.

no one knows the word of god, but many claim they do and invent stupid rules for people to live by and crazy punishments for failure to do so.

Organized Religion is Man's worst invention ever.  Been responsible for more pain, suffering, war, death, destruction, and atrocities than any other.

I'm staying agnostic.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »
all i have to say is..... disguisting
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 04:03:46 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
Organized Religion is Man's worst invention ever.  Been responsible for more pain, suffering, war, death, destruction, and atrocities than any other.

I'm staying agnostic.

What atrocities have I committed?   Newsflash - None!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
I'm staying agnostic.

Yeah, together with Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao... enjoy the company.

Trying to blame pain, suffering, war, death, destruction and atrocities on religion is just plain stupid.