Author Topic: Newbs calling people cheaters  (Read 2219 times)

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Newbs calling people cheaters
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 09:16:47 AM »
your patience with him was amazing Oz!:aok

I have yet to be accused of cheating:(   do I have shoot someone down first to get that? 'cuz someday......

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 10:39:56 AM »
A bunch of us spent some time trying to explain the realities to the guy. One thing many newer players dont understand is that as you get closer to an enemy plane the rendering load can change. He only had 1 Gig of memory so my speculation is that when he got close that one time he did in fact have a momentary lag...which combined with oz's forcing the overshoot created this "lag on demand" BS. If your system doesnt have the resources to handle your settings you'll get all kinds of glitches....

This guy simply wouldnt stop, I know I finally rang him up and reported it to HTC....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
Who really gives a rats arse what someone else calls you.  LOL, you won, thats all that matters.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 11:13:24 AM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Who really gives a rats arse what someone else calls you.  LOL, you won, thats all that matters.

Word

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 11:28:37 AM »
If I spent my time calling everyone who shot me down a cheater...I wouldn't have any time to fly. Word of advice to those who seem to use that word to excess:

Film all your sorties and review each one carefully.

Without exception, you will find that in most all case's...you put yourself in a position to get your tail feathers waxed.

Stanby and Lag switch????? I want those!!!!!! :rofl
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 11:47:20 AM by 68Boomer »

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 11:32:59 AM »
Originally posted by humble
A bunch of us spent some time trying to explain the realities to the guy. One thing many newer players dont understand is that as you get closer to an enemy plane the rendering load can change. He only had 1 Gig of memory so my speculation is that when he got close that one time he did in fact have a momentary lag...which combined with oz's forcing the overshoot created this "lag on demand" BS. If your system doesnt have the resources to handle your settings you'll get all kinds of glitches....

This guy simply wouldnt stop, I know I finally rang him up and reported it to HTC....

1 gig of ram is more than sufficient.

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Re: Newbs calling people cheaters
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 11:43:25 AM »
Originally posted by ozrocker
Last night I was called a cheater numerous times by a newb named Twentyfo.

Tell him he is cheating the English language by spelling twenty-four wrong...  Maybe it was the 'Lag-Switch' on his keyboard....

:rofl
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 11:49:50 AM »
Originally posted by BBBB
I We were bingo fuel so we flew back into the hord out last night. The Bish were flying nothing but, Niks, Lalas, Spits, Zekes and Ponys. Plus you had the knuckle heads in the 163s.
-Sp0t

The bish have been pretty badly outnumbered lately so you really have no place to stand as far as complaining about what they fly. Try stepping outside the safety of the horde some time, you might like the challenge.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 12:10:37 PM »
I can understand your frustration ozrockr, but i suggest you remove the name. HTC really does not like names beeing mentioned in that context. Just abit of friendly advice :)

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
1 gig of ram is more than sufficient.

Actually thats not true at all. AH gives you alot of options that eat up memory. If he has his setting at default and is using 128 textures and not loading skins in background....then yes. If he is using 256 or above and has adjusted his "sliders" then he can exaust his resources as the detail piles up.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline BBBB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 12:43:59 PM »
Originally posted by SteveBailey
The bish have been pretty badly outnumbered lately so you really have no place to stand as far as complaining about what they fly. Try stepping outside the safety of the horde some time, you might like the challenge.

Myself and my wingman were 50 miles south of the "horde" We were in a pair of 38s hunting the bish that were comming up high to take out our bombers. On our return flight we flew though the horde. And caught two each not checking their sixes. I wasn't complaining about what they fly. And the bish were not out numbered last night.
 Maybe spend less time picking apart my comment looking for little remarks you can make and more time flying against me and you would know that, I don't like the horde. You will always find me outside the "horde" hunting with a wingman. I prefer to fight this way. I don't like chasing an La-7 all over the skies and pumping him full of lead only to score an assist because 15 fellow pilots shoot the hell out of my weenie as he goes down in flames. Cheers.

-Sp0t

Offline 68ROX

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 01:10:02 PM »
SpaghettI Noodles

I'm IN!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 01:37:20 PM »
OMGZ U IS USIN TEH NOOK AIMBOT CABLE PULLING MACHINEEEE!

shizzle

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 01:39:33 PM »
Originally posted by BBBB
I love being called a cheater. It makes me smile. I don't even reply to them when I get called a cheater. They just keep upping. They keep getting more and more frustrated. They make even more mistakes to get themselves killed.
 I had a guy do that to me last night. He upped four times. Three times in a 109. Then as me and my wingy turned for home he upped an La-7 to "intercept" us. My wingman baited him, went vertical. The La-7 followed him up and I swooped down for the easy kill. Good times. We were bingo fuel so we flew back into the hord on our return to base and each caught two bad guys as they were climbing out.
 Oz I was in that fight there with you. It seemed that every squeaker was out last night. The Bish were flying nothing but, Niks, Lalas, Spits, Zekes and Ponys. Plus you had the knuckle heads in the 163s. It was a good fight. I had a good time killing them. Don't let the squeaker mess up your fun. I am sure tonight we will find another low fight over the water. BTW, where can I get a good lag switch?

-Sp0t

i suppose if scoring cheap shots on a chess piece in a virtual game is your thing.......

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 01:58:20 PM »
When I first came in here, I didn't jump right in, I just flew around.  Like combat training in real life, the DI's got to train that urge NOT to kill out of you.  I still feel guilty killing pixels on a screen.  I like going after bombers and I know how much effort it takes to do a mission well, then get jumped when I'm almost back home.  I actually felt bad jumping a bomber the other day.  But I did it anyway! {:^)

Well, if it is red---shoot it!

I've seen guys game the game in here, but I don't think it is cheating.  I have looked online for cheats to this game.  There doesn't seem to be any, at least unless you got a hand in the programming end of it on the other side of the Wizard's (Oz) screen and know the code.

To WarBirds, I guess guys do try to beat the server as to their legal TOS writeup.  I know of a guy that cracked into a server to cause mischief and got Federal prison for it.

Daubie