Author Topic: Custom plane/tank sound questions  (Read 367 times)

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
Custom plane/tank sound questions
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:32:38 PM »
i have a question, i wanna take one of the tanks or one of the planes in AH and make it sound like a Muscle car(thinking LT1 Engine) what exactly do the files have to be for it to work right?

isnt the main parts a sound clip of it starting up ,idling? and shutting down

thanks in advance:aok

Edit:for it to sound the best if i take recordings should it be inside or outside the car?:noid
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 10:23:44 AM »
Eng, Enstart, and Engoff are the engine files. Remember, they have to be 22khz, 16-bit, Mono for them to work properly, and they *must* be in Windows PCM format.

You can attempt to conform to AHII's rather ancient Startup sequence, which only gives 7.6 seconds until the Engine file is turned on. Or, if you'd like to conform to something called *realism*, you can keep a full Startup sequence, though keep in mind it'll overlap the Engine sound if you throttle up before the startup fades.

As for "best", I'd say record both inside and outside of the car. You won't be able to use both waveforms in the game (read: antiquated sound engine), but you can switch between them, depending on what you like best at the time.

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »
thanks:aok  im digging up he recording stuff i have.. i might see about hosting what i can get recorded:D
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14