Author Topic: Evenhaim answer  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 05:45:22 PM »
I too am i christian, and a lot more faithful than others, but don't really allign myself to a denomination or belief.

the fact is that god never created religion, people did, often as a way of controlling other people. unfortunately this is still the case for a lot of people, who generally don't find their own faith, but follow the words of others completely.

when you read the gospel, the teachings of jesus, which are really awesome, have so little in common with much of christianity nowadays, especially the catholic church and the conservative chritian right in america and to a lesser extent other western nations.

i find it quite silly when people take the bible literally word for word (or any other holy text), seeing as it is a 4000 yr old book written over 1000s of years by different people, not god. sure, it may have been inspired by god, but people have a habit of not only making mistakes, but twisting things to benefit themselves. so to take it totally literally is a recipe for disaster. i'm sure god would rather have a relationship with you, and for you to listen to him, than for you to take all your faith from the combined writings of dozens of men of many years.

so don't follow the sheep, form your own faith in god, it'll mean far more to you that way. by all means use books like the bible as a source of spiritual wisdom, but be wise in your interpretation, god gave you a brain and a heart, so use 'em! :)

the gospels are by far the most important part of the bible, and you can see in what jesus said, what god really feels. jesus hated the holier-than-thou'ers, he associated himself with people that others hated. he really believed in forgiveness, not in rules laid down in old books by controlling men. the essence of god right there. i feel sorry for the crazy far right conservative christians, who believe than anyone but themselves is going to hell, especially gays, 'sinners' etc. the whole point in christianity is forgiveness and freedom, not rules and hate.

whole world's going crazy right now :)

i had something intellectual and spiritual to say but i forgot what it was, so i wrote a load of garbage instead, please excuse my messy text wall :D

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 07:56:30 PM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
lol ratt he is a total tool dont bother
Trolls... that's all you three, Biggles, Ratt and Evanheim are.  Doesn't matter that Lou was accurate, or right in his posts, you three just toss a little more gas on the fire to see who'll get burned.

"Contemptable" is too kind a description for you three.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 04:00:57 AM »
Originally posted by Odee
Trolls... that's all you three, Biggles, Ratt and Evanheim are.  Doesn't matter that Lou was accurate, or right in his posts, you three just toss a little more gas on the fire to see who'll get burned.

"Contemptable" is too kind a description for you three.

not trolling at all. i don't see why someone else's opinion is taken over another's, and the others considered trolling.

louman is right, going to church and acting holier than thou certainly doesn't make you a christian. look what happened to the jews that did that in jesus's time, he hated it, and the veil was torn down at the crucifiction. surely that shows what god thinks of the segregation and forced religions and beliefs imposed by man, not god... unfortunately a lot of christians believe this, and i don't think it's right.

a lot of tards wear what would jesus do things, but they very rarely think about it. i'm sure jesus wouldn't be telling people that they're wrong, he'd be showing them what's right, and he did. he allied himself with the sinners, the lowlives, and forgave them of everything. he rarely associated himself with the jerks who thought they were right and told everyone else they were wrong, so don't be like that.

i remembered what i was going to say though.... science versus religion:

how many of those in this thread totally believe in creationism? they seem to fear any evidence of anything but what the bible says, and seem to think it's a test... LOL. i'm a scientific guy, and i have to say, the big bang and the age old universe, the mechanism of evolution and life, all those 'wrong' theories, are far more amazing than creation. the big bang to me is far more proof of power and awe than little old god with some modelling clay.

you know E=mc^2?

take all the mass in the universe ( pretty much infinitely heavy), and times it by 300000000^2 that's a lot of energy. that's like bilions of times MORE than infinite, and all that energy came from an explosion smaller than an atom. surely that is more amazing, and far more provable than creation?

fearing scientific discovery because it conflicts with the bible is totally silly. are you so unsure in your faith that you're scared that one little detail you thought was true might be wrong? that's true faith, and the 'right' religion right there LMAO, people to weak in their faith to have anything contested.

science doesn't have to disprove god, so don't be scared of it...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 04:13:51 AM »
Sorry Biggles.  I meant MegaDud, not you...  

Dunno how your name stuck in my mind instead. :o
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2007, 05:10:45 AM »

:lol

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2007, 07:10:08 AM »

well you smell and everyone hates you :aok

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2007, 01:04:45 PM »
i am not trolling simply stating my beliefs and that i would not like this conflict to advance any more than it already has...

altought i definatly disagree with you lou this fight ends here
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2007, 05:42:28 PM »
God bless the FREE WORLD.  May He keep us safe from the ignorant masses.

just to quote this if you'll allow me odee...

parts of america aren't the 'free world'. it's a country heavily influenced money and greed/greedy people.

there are no free countries, just free people. personally i wouldn't put america anywhere near the top most genuinely religious countries in the world. i think that belongs to a lot of africa. the problem with a lot of american christians, is i feel they miss a lot of the point. some people fail to see the true meaning in the bible, and in jesus. not all of course, but some, and i think increasingly in america, that 'some' is getting larger.

good thread though, this one, even with the crap, always an interesting and heartfelt discussion, religion...

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2007, 11:10:12 PM »
Originally posted by louman
Evenhaim.....your so eloquent "hes a total tool" .....Rattfink....you "believe" your a Christian....I "know" I'm a Christian....going to a church building and learning verse and chapter from the bible dosen't make you a Christian....it makes you sound like a Christian.  Being born in a so called Christian nation ...dosen't make you a Christian....and no I haven't sent Evenheim to hell....I said he wasn't saved yet if he hasen't come to the realization that Jesus is the messiah....among other things.  God is our judge...so I dont judge anyone....but I can perceive what is before me without judgement.
I find the fact that you come on here with your higher than thee attittude offensive. That's great that you've found something to believe in but I don't want to hear about it. This isn't a church board. I don't think the messiah has come or that he ever was. I think you're an idiot for believing a good person, who doesn't believe what you believe in, is going to hell. If that's the way it is then I never want to belong to something like that.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline louman

• Copper Member
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2007, 07:35:59 AM »
superdud....what started all of this was a guy wanted to start a squad and announced it here....which is the place to do it.....unfortunatly he made the mistake of stating his desire to have "christians" in the squad.  He didn't say if you wern't a christian you couldnt be in his squad...only that he preferred christians.  Well a big fuss was made about it.  If he had said he wanted to make a squad of people from iceland who belonged to the viking club it would have been ignored.  Too bad if you don't want to hear what I have to say....fortunatly it is still a free country and I can state the truth...for now anyway.  I belong to no orginized religion....nothing you can join.....but I know what I know and I speak the truth as I know it.  Again....I have judged no one and sent no one to hell.....one does not go to hell for any other reason  than..... not doing what he was created for

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
If you were a really good Christian, Lou, you would use paragraphs.

God doesn't allow people into heaven who do not know how to use paragraphs.

Remember, a cluttered post is a sign of a sinful mind!

Humility, thou name is not Lou.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Evenhaim answer
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »
what is this god now sends you to hell if you dont do paragraphs i usally never paragraph nor am i a christan so who cares if he does not paragraph or not
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."