Author Topic: Something that REALLY pisses me off...  (Read 1792 times)

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Something that REALLY pisses me off...
« on: April 07, 2000, 09:43:00 AM »
<rant mode on>
Ditching.. yup, ditching again..
Scenario 1:
you fought the guy and he shot the crap out of you, you are missing most of the parts and can't really manouver or run away anymore... or keep the plane in the air... you ditch.

In this case attempting to ditch is fully accpetable. You fought, lost the fight and attempt to survive.

Scenario 2:
You get into the figth, no hits scored, fight gets low, you realise that this guy is good and he will probably kick your ass, so you ditch a perfectly good plane just to deny him the satisfaction.

I saw this twice last night and it REALLY pisses me off. amazinhunk flies in a really fast plane but once you put some ACM on his bellybutton and he starts getting in trouble... there goes the ditch... not a single hit scored.

This is the ultimate dweebery as far as i'm conserned.
Cowardness and egomania.

If you don't know the ACM - maybe you should get into a plane different then F4U-1C and learn some.

Also... this one guy i killed last night, along with 3 of his buddies..
He replanes 7 km away, i'm low on gas so i start RTB. On the final my engine cuts out and he dives after me, INTO THE ACK, just to shoot me.
I didn't check but i'm pretty sure he didn't make it out.

Frankly , if you:
a) chase a plane into the ack or
b) shoot a plane on the final with engine off and gear down
you are a dweeb of the worst sort.
If you do both - i pity you.

One day, if you study hard, you might learn some worthwile ACM and earn your kills.

<rant mode off>

PS: I found that dweeb later and nailed him   As i thought, he didn't know any ACM.

If you feel i "offended" you in this post - come to training arena and prove me wrong.

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

If nothing makes you happier then burning 109 - come and join us - we're looking for few good men

Northolt Wing Headquarters

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2000, 09:51:00 AM »
Alot of new players in AH lately, some with no previous online gaming experience before..however keep in mind, if its fly, it's open game.

(Note: bottom of my Signature, just for you FD-Ski   )

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
=CO=II/JG2~Richthofen~
JG2 Communications Officer
Aces High Training Corps
JG2 "Richthofen"

Turning Spitfires into Bud Lite cans since 1992

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 04-07-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2000, 10:11:00 AM »
No ditches in my 1C yet... though I did forget to put the gear down while landing once

AKDejaVu

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2000, 10:12:00 AM »
I have to add.. "this tour"

Offline Duckwing6

• Copper Member
      • http://www.pink.at
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2000, 10:24:00 AM »
if i ditch then i'm shot up .. i admitt having ditched after killing my engine when getting a tad too low .. but hell that's as good as being shot up.

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
well exacly one of them went like this:

me and skippy shot up some runstangs and got low on the deck.
So i see this 51 rolling about d40 away and coming towards me level graining speed.
I do a leadturn while he sprays and prays - and misses....
when i roll into him - there is he.. ditching..
not a single shot in his directon..

shooting planes ditching is a waste of ammo in my mind.

------------------
Bartlomiej Rajewski
aka. Wing Commander fd-ski
Northolt Wing
1st Polish Fighter Wing
303 (Polish) Squadron "Kosciuszko" RAF
308 (Polish) Squadron "City of Cracow" RAF
315 (Polish) Squadron "City of Deblin" RAF

Turning 109s and 190s into scrap metal since 1998

If nothing makes you happier then burning 109 - come and join us - we're looking for few good men

Northolt Wing Headquarters

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2000, 10:54:00 AM »
Ditching in Aces High seems somewhat too easy to me. Having said that:

Its real easy for a spit driver with E/alt to get pissed off at a low and slow pony for ditching.

Keep in mind that ponies in Aces High accelerate slowly (slower than the 109's I fly anyway), and low/slow ones are usually easy prey for me in a 109.

The guy may have been out of ammo or low on fuel, who knows?

I'll tell ya this, if I just killed a low guy in a tough turning knife fight in my 109, and I'm low on E and on the deck, and notice a spitster coming in with alt/E, depending on the circumstances, I might ditch too, If that makes me a dweeb, Label away...  

------------------
        hblair,

<===< The ASSASSINS >===>

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 04-07-2000).]

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2000, 11:24:00 AM »
Hiyas FDSki!

I agree with the ditching part...it is frustrating...however, if you are no engine on final, I'll kill you the same as I would try to kill you at 20k...it is the object of our favorite pastime  isn't it?

Rude Out!

Offline Hristo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
IMO, Aces High has certain deal of players who will do every dirty trick or game the game. Even if it costs them their own survival. And it is ruining the sim.

Ack hugging, for example – just what purpose is in taking Spit V with 25% fuel just to circle in ack and HO every single plan you can ? I think running into ack when odds are bad is not dweeby, but taking off never to leave ack range is just gaming the game.

Yesterday I played with no score in mind. In fact, AH became so boring to me that I resorted to dweeby tactics myself. I followed ack hugging Spits (the kind that took off in ack), got killed and killed some too. I even won a HO with my single MG 151  

On next time ack got my oil. 109 who was running away from me turned to finish me off. I went to HO him. He accepted ! All the way from 4000 yards ! Now, if he had waited for me to lose my engine, I’d think much better of his cunning  

Maybe those players are also bored with the state of AH.

Instead of leaning more and more to historical type of play, Aces High is turning into Quake type arena. What a waste of potential.

Did we get HA ? At least as a choice ? Did we get historical immersion of what was like to fly 109 some 60 years ago ? Who cares how 190 would do against Hog. They never met. I want to feel the BoB, the Dieppe or Schweinfurth. I want to read instruments in meters and winging with N1K2 in my 109 really disgusts me  

Please, HTC, make at least a choice. Not everyone wants to spray in cannon hog.

This game stopped to be fun for me and I doubt I will play it again. However, I have high hopes in WW2OL.

JENG

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
Hristo try the scenarios out that are being flown...
GMT/TOD (thursdays 19:30 GMT)
Flying Mongrels event (this sunday 20:00 GMT)
8th AF vs LW (April 15th  20:00 GMT)
The Scenario the Jokers Low are working on

Wait till we get a terrain editor to get some good terrain.

All is not lost hristo, you should try one of these (always in historical matchups etc)

------------------
BEE(JENG)
=CO=III/JG2~Richthofen~
JG2 "Richthofen"

'Nemo Me Impune Lacessit'

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2000, 11:45:00 AM »
Knowing ACM is a great thing,however, knowing when to get out(SA) is required too.

Perhaps labeling "Dweeb" someone who uses all that is in the game to advantage isn't proper.  If it is proper then all nme above me and with more speed and in a better plane must be a "Dweeb"?  I think not!!

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2000, 12:14:00 PM »
Man... I tell yah; sometimes I wonder about the other players expectations in a sim where the object is snuffin the other guy.. "HOLD STILL DAMMIT; I'M TRYIN TA KILL YAH!" It is kinda funny. This is what we seem to hear... and it often has several diffrent versions...

"Does this guy understand ACM?" (usually he's doin somethin we ain't NEVER seen before)

What in HELL is this joker doin NOW?? (and then he does something else that makes no sense)

"Jeeeezus christo.. this bonehead is flyin right into the acks to get me..." (the guy's bored; or annoyed; or just don't give a damn that the damn acks are gonna paste him; he wants yer head, and is commin ta get it)

"Dammo.. another HO genius" (usuaually has a date with destiny and wants us to punch the clock for him)

"mein gott! This dipwick thinks his buff is a fighter!" (last words of a LW pilot when the Buff actually TURNS when he's being fired upon from low 6)

"dammit! he's ditched!.. the fargin icehole!" (the other guy got smart.. and got out alive while he could, the only way he could)

In short... don't worry about it; waste words on it, or let it faze yer day. Just go about yer buisness of killin the other guy; and if he makes it interesting; then smile and kill em next time. Plenty of targets out there.  

"Alls fair..." and I ain't even gonna mention the Love crap.

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2000, 12:29:00 PM »

In short... don't worry about it; waste words on it, or let it faze yer day. Just go about yer buisness of killin the other guy; and if he makes it interesting; then smile and kill em next time. Plenty of targets out there.

Beautiful reply hang!  

I try to keep the same attitude myself. Too much squeaking and whining going on. Why the hell would someone pay $30 bucks a month to have a bad night? Not me, the more interesting, the better.

It's not like this is an HA or something."Jeeeezus christo.. this bonehead is flyin right into the acks to get me..." (the guy's bored; or annoyed; or just don't give a damn that the damn acks are gonna paste him; he wants yer head, and is commin ta get it)

LOL!

------------------
        hblair,

<===< The ASSASSINS >===>

-towd_

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2000, 12:36:00 PM »
there was a guy in my grandfaters scuad that racked up 7 planes none in combat but all on the way to combat they never did anything to the guy so as much as i hate that bull it is somwhat historicaly justified, to bad you cant land and choke um to death ( i read a russian pilot did jsut that to a german that ditched on him.)

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2000, 01:09:00 PM »
Any one check the AH rule book lately?

As for as I knew, the rules are that there ain't no rules...  

------------------
Mino
The Wrecking Crew