Author Topic: Does ENY make a difference? HaHa  (Read 1620 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Does ENY make a difference? HaHa
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 10:19:29 AM »
did you know that when you click on a plane and get a "you can't fly that due to ENY error" that if you click on the ENY header it will sort the planes by ENY value? Makes it easier to just run down from the ENY number to see what ya can/want to fly.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »
Originally posted by EndofSilence
It was just a post about the ridiculous acceleration of ENY I experienced tonight.  As to the country loyalty, it's no knock to any other side- I happen to enjoy the people I've met Rooks-wise.   And as it happens, my squad is Rooks, but as I've gotten to know them, I've found a group of gentlemen that I am thoroughly impressed with on both an AH and personal level.

There are the same kind of people on the nits and bish.  It's difficult for some to leave the safety of the horde.  
Try it and you will find a utopia where ENY does not exist and you never run out of targets. Any excuse not to is merely lackahordeaphobia.  You can get over it though, just take the first tentative step and you are on your way.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
did you know that when you click on a plane and get a "you can't fly that due to ENY error" that if you click on the ENY header it will sort the planes by ENY value? Makes it easier to just run down from the ENY number to see what ya can/want to fly.

Heavens To Murgatroid ... that would take a few precious seconds to do ...  :rolleyes:
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 10:59:42 AM »
Want to stay loyal to your chess piece and stay with the horde?  Have to deal with ENY.  Lowest ENY plane I regularly fly is the Ki-84.  C.205, Yak, and A-20 were planes of choice last night for me.  I like taking a low numbers country and flying against the horde, because I generally DO find myself flying against planes other than the splixteen, lagay-7, runstang, and niki.  

So, yes, at times ENY does make a difference.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 11:30:17 AM »
What areana was this in? If it's in late war and the mosquito was loacked, it means that numbers were WAY out of ballance. You'd better switch countries in such an extreme case.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »
You don't want to fly the C205... Total piece of trash... :noid

Stick with the C202, or the P40B, or the F4F4. All way better than the 205.

:noid

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 11:51:31 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
ENY has never bothered me.   I'll continue to roll Spit 1's, Ki-61's and other "POS planes" in the LWA's.

Well I haven't spent my time in Spit 1's to be effective in it, however I wouldn't call a Ki-61 a POS.  I've been flying it some in this tour and I find it to be a highly effective fighter.

I'm as ki-84 fan, but the guns tend to be a bit weak IMO for furballs, base attacks or defensive. Not meaning I can't kill with it, but typically it's hard to get a plane set up quick enough for a certain kill.

So I started playing with the Ki-61 on some occasions and the gun packages is far superior to the ki-84. The only issues I find with the plane is lack of climb. If the ki-61 climbed just a bit better IMO it would be one of the most lethal planes in the game.

Only time ENY really ticks me off is when I'm in base capture mode and can't fly the 110 with my heavy guns. Or if it gets so bad you can't even up a panzer at those points I typically just log off.

As a side note last night I took up my old trainer bird the Spit 9 because I wanted something different from the KI 's and A6m that I normally fly. lol well all I can say is I think the Spit 9 should be at least 15 eny because 20 is much too high for it. I had forgotten how easy that plane was.
"strafing"

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »
I fly rooks too, and usually fly something with a high enough eny that it doesnt bother me. But on squad nights when we want to use a certain ride, we will side switch if the eny is out of control. Do it as a squad. Its the same blue/green map no matter what side you are on, and as long as your buds are there with ya, its all good.

~AoM~

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 11:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by crockett
Well I haven't spent my time in Spit 1's to be effective in it, however I wouldn't call a Ki-61 a POS.  I've been flying it some in this tour and I find it to be a highly effective fighter.

I'm as ki-84 fan, but the guns tend to be a bit weak IMO for furballs, base attacks or defensive. Not meaning I can't kill with it, but typically it's hard to get a plane set up quick enough for a certain kill.

So I started playing with the Ki-61 on some occasions and the gun packages is far superior to the ki-84. The only issues I find with the plane is lack of climb. If the ki-61 climbed just a bit better IMO it would be one of the most lethal planes in the game.

Only time ENY really ticks me off is when I'm in base capture mode and can't fly the 110 with my heavy guns. Or if it gets so bad you can't even up a panzer at those points I typically just log off.

As a side note last night I took up my old trainer bird the Spit 9 because I wanted something different from the KI 's and A6m that I normally fly. lol well all I can say is I think the Spit 9 should be at least 15 eny because 20 is much too high for it. I had forgotten how easy that plane was.
You'd be surprised at what the community "thinks of the Ki-61".   Burn the wing tanks first and it becomes a whole new plane.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 11:59:30 AM »
Originally posted by EndofSilence
Mash-this is the first time I've ever disagreed with you on the boards-aside from small stuff.  Normally I have no prob with it, and I will fly a disadvantaged plane no prob.  I don't want to get into numbers, but it was within 10 of each other and just kept rolling up-literally by the second.  Appreciate the early rides, but essentially perking a Mossie, c'mon!

Welcome to the joys of flying late nights. Rooks deal with this every night it seems in LW's.

For what ever reason it seems quite a few Rooks like to sit in the tower AFK or for what ever reason all night long. So when the numbers dwindle down so each team has 30 -50 "in flight" players the rook will have 60-80 "in tower" killing our ENY.

Meanwhile the actual number of guys fighting are typically pretty close to the other teams, yet we get hit with 10 -15 eny all the time.  It doesn't bug me too much when I'm flying fighters, however as I said before it sucks big time trying to capture bases or defend aginst GV attacvks when the ENY starts kicking in.

I still say ENY should be done on adverages "in flight"  updated every 5 to 10 mins.
"strafing"

Offline Gulp

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 12:13:42 PM »
ENY is fine but it doesn't work as intended when 2 sides are ganging 1.  

The situation:

Rooks 150 players
Bish 100 players
KNights 100 PLayers

Bish and Knights (insert countries of choice) aren't fighting each other so it's actually 200 vs 150 but the country with 150 gets ENY limited.  In this scenario, ENY is actually making the situation it's supposed to fix even worse.

I fly high ENY planes most of the time so it's no biggie to me, but it seems like a crucial flaw in a feature that obviously took some time to design and implement.

Offline gpa3

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 12:15:06 PM »
evil horde, evil horde, evil horde, evil horde, evil horde, blah blah blah

anyone who doesn't change country is an idiot, blah blah blah

Don't you love reading the simplistic repetitive daily insults from the 'senior members'.

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2007, 12:17:09 PM »
Originally posted by Gulp
ENY is fine but it doesn't work as intended when 2 sides are ganging 1.  

The situation:

Rooks 150 players
Bish 100 players
KNights 100 PLayers

Bish and Knights (insert countries of choice) aren't fighting each other so it's actually 200 vs 150 but the country with 150 gets ENY limited.  In this scenario, ENY is actually making the situation it's supposed to fix even worse.

I fly high ENY planes most of the time so it's no biggie to me, but it seems like a crucial flaw in a feature that obviously took some time to design and implement.

It's amazing that 200 people manage to coordinate in the MA and gang one side.  I've never seen this happen in my decade of flight simming. I've seen it whined about many times but when said map is scrutinized it turns out to be just a bogus whine of a guy who is losing cartoon planes at a rate faster than he finds acceptable.   I'd sure like to be around when some uber person gets all 200 or so working together in the MA.

:noid

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
Originally posted by gpa3
Don't you love reading the simplistic repetitive daily insults from the 'senior members'.
Careful who you p*ss on.

Just 51 more posts, and you too will be a "senior member". :noid

Stunning, I know, but true!
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 12:34:32 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Or if it gets so bad you can't even up a panzer at those points I typically just log off.
So, ENY is working as intended . . .

Perrrrrrrrfect!

:aok

Actually, with three other arenas (plus the occasionally occupied AvA), you shouldn't have to "log off" at all, even if side swapping is not your cup of tea.  If your side has massive numbers in one arena, chances are they are outnumbered in another and could use your help.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."