Author Topic: 90% of the time "Could not connect to host"  (Read 194 times)

Offline nbdr

• Zinc Member
90% of the time "Could not connect to host"
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:20:23 AM »
Hello Skuzzy,

I succeed to connect during only 1-2 hours of the day and the rest of the time I get consistent "Could not connect to host" message. on the arenas and 8 players/ training.

I followed the instructions on your post "Internet Connection Hints/Tips". I tried rebooting, removing extra processes. opening the ports via forwarding, DMZ, disabled the windows firewall etc. Non of the tips seems to help.

I attach here the ping plotter output that shows that my ping is at around 200 - 210 msec with 10% packet lost. Is the lost packets the reason for the connection problem ? Is there anything I can do about it? (I'm connected via BarakITC from Israel). The test was done over a few minutes I guess that an occasional lost packet should not make it totaly impossible to connect over the many times iv'e tried it.

My hardware:

Computer - Compaq Evo n610c  Pentium 4 1.66G 512M RAM (Radeon 7500 card) XP SP2. Antivirus- Network Associates Viruscan. Windows Firewall.
 No graphics problems whatsoever.

My modem is alcatel speedtouch home. hacked as pro and configured as bridge.

Router - Linksys WRK54G connected to the computer via ethernet cable (not wirelessly).

Is there a simple port test that tells if the ports I need are open? When using http://whatsmyip.org/ports/ to test my ports I get "Timeout" result. Does that mean anything ?

Could you advise on how to find the real issue ?

Thanks,
Nbdr